Marcus Evens....Hero or villain

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

Re: Marcus Evens....Hero or villain

Post by barmy billy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:34 pm
Charny don't be talking about resigning or being banned etc cus if you go I'm gone too cus it would be a bloody disgrace bearing in mind the amount of aggression etc that many on here have to endure, I can and indeed in the past have engaged in it and the Mod thing has been used as a stick on more than one occasion to hurl back at me, as you say it shouldn't detract from your right to voice your opinions etc. In actual fact it is because we haven't banned anyone yet that this crap keeps arising, I am in the camp that that needs to change. And for the record fuelling the fire by one or Two needs to stop too, sometimes no comment is needed.
I am not picking a fight here, but be fair Mike. We are always being encouraged to say what we think & now you say 'no comment' is sometimes needed. You can't have it all ways.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:15 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:57 pm
I think the debate is fine. Agree direct insults are probably not a good way to go, but there are numerous forum members who have taken that path...so why single out Mach?

I wasn’t singling Mach out at all No 9, I simply reacted or some would say overreacted to Mach’s response to my simple previous question related to the timing of a demonstration which was.... “What on earth would you expect to gain by starting any protest sooner “? .....(than when we can no longer secure promotion)
.......without any consideration to the question all I got was six more questions (ending with a FFS which I know what the letters stand for,) these were...

......We're 5 points off the top .....where?

......What would I expect to gain by starting this now?

.....Moreover, why has he handed a 5 yrs deal to the manager who so far has achieved nothing with us?

......I could carry on and multiple......why 5 yrs deal?

......Ask yourself Charnwood, why does he remain with us?

.....What are his motives?

Ending .....FFS !

Add to this the fact that I was pissed off reading for the umpteenth time, him referring to Town fans as being ....
Wierd, tolerant of failure, sleepy, happy dippers, bizarre and blind.....etc etc

Yes, I blew a fuse.

Sorry if you don’t like it but in my defence I guess that’s the freedom of speech some of you keep referring to, until of course you don’t like what’s written, especially by a mod who’s only allowed to be angelic and whiter than white.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:15 pm
number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:57 pm
I think the debate is fine. Agree direct insults are probably not a good way to go, but there are numerous forum members who have taken that path...so why single out Mach?

I wasn’t singling Mach out at all No 9, I simply reacted or some would say overreacted to Mach’s response to my simple previous question related to the timing of a demonstration which was.... “What on earth would you expect to gain by starting any protest sooner “? .....(than when we can no longer secure promotion)
.......without any consideration to the question all I got was six more questions (ending with a FFS which I know what the letters stand for,) these were...

......We're 5 points off the top .....where?

......What would I expect to gain by starting this now?

.....Moreover, why has he handed a 5 yrs deal to the manager who so far has achieved nothing with us?

......I could carry on and multiple......why 5 yrs deal?

......Ask yourself Charnwood, why does he remain with us?

.....What are his motives?

Ending .....FFS !

Add to this the fact that I was pissed off reading for the umpteenth time, him referring to Town fans as being ....
Wierd, tolerant of failure, sleepy, happy dippers, bizarre and blind.....etc etc

Yes, I blew a fuse.

Sorry if you don’t like it but in my defence I guess that’s the freedom of speech some of you keep referring to, until of course you don’t like what’s written, especially by a mod who’s only allowed to be angelic and whiter than white.
Number 9 has sumed it up brilliantly why single out Mach Hallam and myself maybe should of been banned before now but you could not ban one of us . Charnwood's response is also to be considered he is pissed off and expressed emotions. Good i am glad he let the Mods hat slip because it proves he is as bothered about ITFC as Mach.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Mach, if you think the my main purpose of my post was to do advise you how you spend your money, or preach to you about anything, you’re missing the point completely. Maybe I was wrong to use the “F” word and I apologise for that. it was wrong of me and I will resign from my moderator responsibilities if that’s what Frosty wants.

My response to you wasn’t hypocritical in any way, it was simply a case of “saying it as it is”, and just because I’m a mod shouldn’t restrain me from letting you know that some of your comments about us folk from Suffolk are unacceptable and insulting. The fact is Mach, you can’t say what you want to people on here all of the time, and yes there will be a time when you eventually get banned if you continue to insult people. I won’t be the one to ban you and possibly I’ll get banned first.

On behalf of those of us who don’t agree this is the right time to protest and keep reading the same old message like a broken record, I’ve simply had enough of being insulted or criticised.
Charnwood think about it again. You had been asking me some questions and you got the answers re Evans, 5 yrs deal for Lambert, the buyers, our fanbase etc etc. And just because you are sick of my views you have verbally attacked me. Have you had a bad day or something?

If you think that the words: 'nice, tolerant, sleepy, bizarrely blinded' are offensive then you must be a very sensitive person. I wouldn't dare to insult Suffolk people. It is you who are insulting my intelligence by implying that this ilk of words is abusive. That what I've been saying about our fanbase for ages is a fact as they don't react to Evans' destructive policy. When are they going to realise what a disaster he's been for us? League Two? National League? I wish our fanbase were like Charlton, Port Vale, Sunderland, Blackburn, Newcastle, West Ham etc etc. Evans would have had to face the fans' anger if he owned any of these clubs. Their fans have been voicing the anger. But this is Ipswich, nice smashing easy going Ipswich for Evans, keep telling me I do insult Suffolk people.

You have said in your recent post: 'there will be a time when you eventually get banned if you continue to insult people'... I'm not interested in that as I have done nothing wrong. Our fanbase keep letting Evans getting away with his policy so I'll continue to use these terms when I feel I have to. I'll never use vulgar words as it would be offensive, disrespectful and unacceptable. But our fanbase is too nice and too tolerant and these words aren't offensive and I can use them. But again, you can ban me and there is no problem for me. That is all what you can do because you are never going to ban me from loving this club and attending the away matches.

Rant over.
Last edited by Mach_Polish_Blue on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:10 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:34 pm
Charny don't be talking about resigning or being banned etc cus if you go I'm gone too cus it would be a bloody disgrace bearing in mind the amount of aggression etc that many on here have to endure, I can and indeed in the past have engaged in it and the Mod thing has been used as a stick on more than one occasion to hurl back at me, as you say it shouldn't detract from your right to voice your opinions etc. In actual fact it is because we haven't banned anyone yet that this crap keeps arising, I am in the camp that that needs to change. And for the record fuelling the fire by one or Two needs to stop too, sometimes no comment is needed.
I am not picking a fight here, but be fair Mike. We are always being encouraged to say what we think & now you say 'no comment' is sometimes needed. You can't have it all ways.
Billy,
I don't want it all ways tbh, I just think occasionally when Two posters are "going at it" against each other maybe it is as well to leave them to it and not join in, there are a few who love to jump in and fuel the fire so to speak, it's not a big thing just something that may just help rather than hinder the situation that's all I meant.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:40 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:58 pm
http://www.marcusevans-conferences-pane ... ntID=25704

Here ya go Mach! This is what I was talking about in the PM. An organized protest at an event like this one would surely get the masters attention. Btw, I hope you don't get banned because I for one will miss your honest posts. It's obvious to me that you are a very compassionate fan, and that you only want what is best for the club. I also believe in free speech.
Looking at those topics covered in the link, I reckon a protest would certainly rock the boat. Can you imagine it?

"Good morning, ladies & gentlemen, I am Massimo Pedroni from Prometeia Systems and here at the Marcus Evans Conference I'd to take this opportunity to shed light on the regulatory liquidity stress testing in Europe."
"And good morning, ladies & gentlemen, I am Kurt Neilson from Aegon UK and I'd also like this opportunity to discuss with David Phan Dinh, head of Operational Risk if there is indeed operational resilience within the financial frameworks."
"HEY PHAN DINH?! WHERES MEVANS? GET THAT TOSSER OUT HERE! HE BETTER NO PUT DOWNES ON THE MARKET. I"LL RAM HIS FRAMEWORK UP HIS JEER!"

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Mach, if you think the my main purpose of my post was to do advise you how you spend your money, or preach to you about anything, you’re missing the point completely. Maybe I was wrong to use the “F” word and I apologise for that. it was wrong of me and I will resign from my moderator responsibilities if that’s what Frosty wants.

My response to you wasn’t hypocritical in any way, it was simply a case of “saying it as it is”, and just because I’m a mod shouldn’t restrain me from letting you know that some of your comments about us folk from Suffolk are unacceptable and insulting. The fact is Mach, you can’t say what you want to people on here all of the time, and yes there will be a time when you eventually get banned if you continue to insult people. I won’t be the one to ban you and possibly I’ll get banned first.

On behalf of those of us who don’t agree this is the right time to protest and keep reading the same old message like a broken record, I’ve simply had enough of being insulted or criticised.
Charnwood think about it again. You had been asking me some questions and you got the answers re Evans, 5 yrs deal for Lambert, the buyers, our fanbase etc etc. And just because you are sick of my views you have verbally attacked me. Have you had a bad day or something?

If you think that the words: 'nice, tolerant, sleepy, bizarrely blinded' are offensive then you must be a very sensitive person. I wouldn't dare to insult Suffolk people. It is you who are insulting my intelligence by implying that this ilk of words is abusive. That what I've been saying about our fanbase for ages is a fact as they don't react to Evans' destructive policy. When are they going to realise what a disaster he's been for us? League Two? National League? I wish our fanbase were like Charlton, Port Vale, Sunderland, Blackburn, Newcastle, West Ham etc etc. Evans would have had to face the fans' anger if he owned any of these clubs. Their fans have been voicing the anger. But this is Ipswich, nice smashing easy going Ipswich for Evans, keep telling me I do insult Suffolk people.

You have said in your recent post: 'there will be a time when you eventually get banned if you continue to insult people'... I'm not interested in that as I have done nothing wrong. Our fanbase keep letting Evans getting away with his policy so I'll continue to use these terms when I feel I have to. I'll never use vulgar words as it would be offensive, disrespectful and unacceptable. But our fanbase is too nice and too tolerant and these words aren't offensive and I can use them. But again, you can ban me and there is no problem for me. That is all what you can do because you are never going to ban me from loving this club and attending the away matches.

Rant over.

Ok Mach, at your request I have thought about it again and for the time being at least I’ll focus on para one. Yes I did challenge one of your posts by asking a couple of relevant questions which I still don’t accept you’ve answered or even attempted to. What I got was the same old broken record which you’ve referred to yet again re re Evans, 5 yrs deal for Lambert, the buyers, our fanbase etc etc. which has no relevance to the question. For the record I don’t have bad days, life is far too good for that. As for aggressive posting and verbal attacks I’m not in your League and don’t intend to try to compete or get drawn further.

Anyway, let me repeat my question and maybe you’ll do exactly as you asked me and think again and let me know where “I got your answers”

Here is the question copied from my post and completely unedited...

”I think any protest at this stage would be utterly ridiculous and in nobody’s best interest be it club or fans. FFS Mach we’re 5 points off the top of the league table and still in with a shout of at least reaching the play offs. Surely the time to start any protest will be when we can no longer qualify for the play offs and when any chance of promotion has gone.

What on earth would you expect to gain by starting any protest sooner ?

As you know I’ve always held the opinion that ME should sell up and let someone else with a different agenda take over, but I also have a concern this is easier said than done. With this in mind I’d be quite interested to know who you think will buy our football club and what you think would happen if Marcus Evans decided to cut his losses and walk with no buyer lined up”

As hard as I try I can’t see where your answers are...

I won’t comment on the rest of your post because it’s all same old same old repetitive stuff.