Marcus Evens....Hero or villain

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Marcus Evens....Hero or villain

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:50 pm

She a nothing special one? Unlike her Creme Brulee's.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Made famous for pricking a egg with a pin before boiling. Just about sums it all up.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:24 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 pm
Made famous for pricking a egg with a pin before boiling. Just about sums it all up.
Tis a vital skill!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:45 pm

Ando wrote:
Made famous for pr*cking a egg with a pin before boiling. Just about sums it all up.
And......., we're back on topic.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:54 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:24 pm
Ando wrote:
Tis a vital skill!
....and it works !

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:45 pm
Ando wrote:
Made famous for pr*cking a egg with a pin before boiling. Just about sums it all up.
And......., we're back on topic.
😉

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:28 pm

I had seen plenty of announcements last week on the social media re that protest on Saturday. Apparently 50 people were expected but nothing has materialised. This 'perfectly' reflects on this sleepy and 'tolerant' fanbase whereas fans of other clubs do protest against poor ownerships.

I was really hoping for some message towards Evans through that protest. I'm done with our fanbase, totally done ! Evans doesn't care about the club, whether we'll get promoted or not, all about his personal interest. But our fanbase is bizarrelly blinded.

Wonder how much further people are happy to see Town fall under this inept and disastrous ownership to realise he keeps ruining the club. But each to their own.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:58 pm

I think any protest at this stage would be utterly ridiculous and in nobody’s best interest be it club or fans. FFS Mach we’re 5 points off the top of the league table and still in with a shout of at least reaching the play offs. Surely the time to start any protest will be when we can no longer qualify for the play offs and when any chance of promotion has gone.

What on earth would you expect to gain by starting any protest sooner ?

As you know I’ve always held the opinion that ME should sell up and let someone else with a different agenda take over, but I also have a concern this is easier said than done. With this in mind I’d be quite interested to know who you think will buy our football club and what you think would happen if Marcus Evans decided to cut his losses and walk with no buyer lined up.

Just a thought, but also a concern.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:35 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:28 pm
I had seen plenty of announcements last week on the social media re that protest on Saturday. Apparently 50 people were expected but nothing has materialised. This 'perfectly' reflects on this sleepy and 'tolerant' fanbase whereas fans of other clubs do protest against poor ownerships.

I was really hoping for some message towards Evans through that protest. I'm done with our fanbase, totally done ! Evans doesn't care about the club, whether we'll get promoted or not, all about his personal interest. But our fanbase is bizarrelly blinded.

Wonder how much further people are happy to see Town fall under this inept and disastrous ownership to realise he keeps ruining the club. But each to their own.

19,922 turn out to watch a club owned by the worst owner in football
19,922 turn up to watch a club managed by the worst manager in football
19,922 turn up to watch a Div 1 club with no future.
That’s 19,922 true football fans, who make sure the Town will be still about to return to where those 19,922 belong.
If the Town played in the Play offs at Wembley there would be 40k fans looking for tickets, 21k who will say " ive supported them thro thick and thin :astroll:
It’s a funny old game

talking as someone who has been there and got the t shirt and a football fan, not just the Mighty Wolves, now the 20k /25k at the Wolves who saw us thro those days cant get tickets to see us

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:57 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:35 pm
That’s 19,922 true football fans, who make sure the Town will be still about to return to where those 19,922 belong.
If the Town played in the Play offs at Wembley there would be 40k fans looking for tickets, 21k who will say " ive supported them thro thick and thin :astroll:
It’s a funny old game
This is a very good post. Makes us all stop and think as football fans.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:05 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:57 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:35 pm
It’s a funny old game
This is a very good post. Makes us all stop and think as football fans.
Well I am talking as a football fan, remember it wasn't long ago Man City, Leeds, Sheff United etc etc were down and out in Div 1. the fans stuck by them.until a buyer thought they were worth buying, and luckily enough Evans hasn't turned his back and walked away,

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:58 pm
I think any protest at this stage would be utterly ridiculous and in nobody’s best interest be it club or fans. FFS Mach we’re 5 points off the top of the league table and still in with a shout of at least reaching the play offs. Surely the time to start any protest will be when we can no longer qualify for the play offs and when any chance of promotion has gone.

As you know I’ve always held the opinion that ME should sell up and let someone else with a different agenda take over, but I also have a concern this is easier said than done. With this in mind I’d be quite interested to know who you think will buy our football club and what you think would happen if Marcus Evans decided to cut his losses and walk with no buyer lined up.

We're 5 points off the top .....where? In League One where Evans' policy has led us to.

What would I expect to gain by starting this now? To get the message across that the fans aren't happy with the way club has been running......But noooooo, let's sit quiet because we are little, nice Ipswich, let's wait until the end of the season, if we finish 8th, everyone goes on holiday and it’s falls on deaf ears. And soon after everything will be groovy as the hero Marcus will say a few words 'that make sense' in his annual statement.

Fans of other clubs do protest when they feel they need to, regardless of if it is August, December or April.

Moreover, why has he handed a 5 yrs deal to the manager who so far has achieved nothing with us? The manager who keeps using Leeds and Sheffield Utd having been long in this league as a constant excuse for his ineptitude and wrongdoings........For playing long balls against tall, physical Rotherham side, to play THREE central backs and Skuse in front of them against Wimbledon who themselves weren't offering any threat. I could carry on and multiple......why 5 yrs deal?

As for selling up the club and lack of buyers lined up...... Buyers will generally only come forward if you are trying to sell. It's like when you try and sell a car, if you don't list it for sale you can't leave it on your driveway and expect someone to walk buy and say "I fancy that" and actually knock on your door to make a purchase. You have to MAKE IT AWARE that you are selling. Moreover, we've had offers in the recent years.

Ask yourself Charnwood, why does he remain with us? What are his motives? To keep selling our assets, and recoup his losses FFS !

But let's remain a nice, friendly and tolerant Ipswich as this is the way isn't it? The last few years in particular have proved that this is 'the best' way.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:24 pm
Charnwood wrote:

We're 5 points off the top .....where? In League One where Evans' policy has led us to.

What would I expect to gain by starting this now? To get the message across that the fans aren't happy with the way club has been running......But noooooo, let's sit quiet because we are little, nice Ipswich, let's wait until the end of the season, if we finish 8th, everyone goes on holiday and it’s falls on deaf ears. And soon after everything will be groovy as the hero Marcus will say a few words 'that make sense' in his annual statement.

Fans of other clubs do protest when they feel they need to, regardless of if it is August, December or April.

Moreover, why has he handed a 5 yrs deal to the manager who so far has achieved nothing with us? The manager who keeps using Leeds and Sheffield Utd having been long in this league as a constant excuse for his ineptitude and wrongdoings........For playing long balls against tall, physical Rotherham side, to play THREE central backs and Skuse in front of them against Wimbledon who themselves weren't offering any threat. I could carry on and multiple......why 5 yrs deal?

As for selling up the club and lack of buyers lined up...... Buyers will generally only come forward if you are trying to sell. It's like when you try and sell a car, if you don't list it for sale you can't leave it on your driveway and expect someone to walk buy and say "I fancy that" and actually knock on your door to make a purchase. You have to MAKE IT AWARE that you are selling. Moreover, we've had offers in the recent years.

Ask yourself Charnwood, why does he remain with us? What are his motives? To keep selling our assets, and recoup his losses FFS !

But let's remain a nice, friendly and tolerant Ipswich as this is the way isn't it? The last few years in particular have proved that this is 'the best' way.
Do you know for a fact that ME has received offers for the club in recent years? Also how do you know that he has not made it known that he will sell at the right place?

And as for raising a protest, I think it is crazy & will achieve no good at all other than create unrest & ill feeling> Hardly the way to effect change. As Charnwood also rightly points out, look where we are in the League at present.

You drone on & on almost weekly about ME & PL and I think we all get your point. As has also been said previously by others, think yourself lucky you still have an ITFC to support. That is the truth of the matter.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:53 pm

I was led to believe that while back Marcus Evans had Two what could be considered serious offers to sell, he declined both after having a due diligence done on them as he felt they would be detrimental to ITFC, by all accounts one of the said prospective buyers bought another club and in less than Two years was gone having left them in a mess while the other buyer didn't have the "clout" to stomp up the cash, believe it or don't believe it, who knows.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Hero - saved the club and keeps us a float. But I still want him to sell

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:04 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:56 pm
Hero - saved the club and keeps us a float. But I still want him to sell

I think most of us share that view Tom, but it has to be the right owner.

Unfortunately we have no real assets in terms of real estate which could attract an owner looking to secure his millions of pounds lost in clearing our debt. Without assets all our club offers to a new owner is liability and a gamble, and this severely restricts and limits the number of potential buyers who would ever be interested in taking over ownership of our football club.

With no real assets we have to rely on fishing within a pond of local business owners with a connection to either Ipswich or Suffolk which is why we’ve had so few owners of the years, in my lifetime only the Cobbold Family, David Sheepshanks and Marcus Evans. At this time there is only one Billionaire living in Suffolk, although Marcus Evans must be getting close if not already past. Either way ME is the 4th Richest person in Suffolk and therefore a very appropriate local owner, so where we’re expected to find a more appropriate “Knight in Shining Armour” who knows ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:

Mach, if you don’t like us nice tolerant Ipswich fans, why not ........... support a team more local to you in Manchester, it will save you a lot of money and save us from your constant insults.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 pm

I can see the headlines now...

"Local billionaire Edward Sheeran buys National League South strugglers Ipswich City for a token price of £1"

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:18 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:37 pm
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:

Mach, if you don’t like us nice tolerant Ipswich fans, why not............ and support a team more local to you in Manchester, it will save you a lot of money and save us from your constant insults.
I don't need your advices about my money.

I have given you an answer to your latest questions re the club/Evans. But the problem is that you firmly disagree with my views therefore you are now abusive and hypocritical. But as a moderator you can do what you want and tell people to 'f**k off' can you?

And stop preaching to me ! There is a freedom of speech in case you don't know. I can say what I want about the club and you aren't the one to preach to me. But again, you're the moderator and you think you can do what you want on this forum. If you want to ban me, do it ! You'll make some members of this forum happy, they are gonna thank you for that. But I can say what I want about the club no matter how good/bad things are.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Ricco wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 pm
I can see the headlines now...

"Local billionaire Edward Sheeran buys National League South strugglers Ipswich City for a token price of £1"
Next day:

SHEERAN ADDS SOME NUMBERS, THEN MULTIPLY’s AND DIVIDES BEFORE BINNING IT ALL AFTER A TAKE AWAY.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:58 pm

http://www.marcusevans-conferences-pane ... ntID=25704

Here ya go Mach! This is what I was talking about in the PM. An organized protest at an event like this one would surely get the masters attention. Btw, I hope you don't get banned because I for one will miss your honest posts. It's obvious to me that you are a very compassionate fan, and that you only want what is best for the club. I also believe in free speech.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:18 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:37 pm
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

Mach, if you don’t like us nice tolerant Ipswich fans, why not f*ck off and support a team more local to you in Manchester, it will save you a lot of money and save us from your constant insults.
I don't need your advices about my money.

I have given you an answer to your latest questions re the club/Evans. But the problem is that you firmly disagree with my views therefore you are now abusive and hypocritical. But as a moderator you can do what you want and tell people to 'f**k off' can you?

And stop preaching to me ! There is a freedom of speech in case you don't know. I can say what I want about the club and you aren't the one to preach to me. But again, you're the moderator and you think you can do what you want on this forum. If you want to ban me, do it ! You'll make some members of this forum happy, they are gonna thank you for that. But I can say what I want about the club no matter how good/bad things are.

Mach, if you think the my main purpose of my post was to do advise you how you spend your money, or preach to you about anything, you’re missing the point completely. Maybe I was wrong to use the “F” word and I apologise for that. it was wrong of me and I will resign from my moderator responsibilities if that’s what Frosty wants.

My response to you wasn’t hypocritical in any way, it was simply a case of “saying it as it is”, and just because I’m a mod shouldn’t restrain me from letting you know that some of your comments about us folk from Suffolk are unacceptable and insulting. The fact is Mach, you can’t say what you want to people on here all of the time, and yes there will be a time when you eventually get banned if you continue to insult people. I won’t be the one to ban you and possibly I’ll get banned first.

On behalf of those of us who don’t agree this is the right time to protest and keep reading the same old message like a broken record, I’ve simply had enough of being insulted or criticised.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:57 pm

I think the debate is fine. Agree direct insults are probably not a good way to go, but there are numerous forum members who have taken that path...so why single out Mach?
Last edited by number 9 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Here here

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:02 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:57 pm
number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Here ya go Mach! This is what I was talking about in the PM. An organized protest at an event like this one would surely get the master's attention. Btw, I hope you don't get banned because I for one will miss your honest posts. It's obvious to me that you are a very compassionate fan, and that you only want what is best for the club. I also believe in free speech.
Compassionate, that’s a laugh 😀

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:04 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:02 pm
number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:57 pm
number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Here ya go Mach! This is what I was talking about in the PM. An organized protest at an event like this one would surely get the master's attention. Btw, I hope you don't get banned because I for one will miss your honest posts. It's obvious to me that you are a very compassionate fan, and that you only want what is best for the club. I also believe in free speech.
Compassionate, that’s a laugh 😀
Come on Charny, you know Mach loves the club! :lol:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:17 pm

I respect Machs views even though I disagree with them. The problem is he always is always very quic.k to generalise and offend & insult other fans. That is not fair & any reponse (eg Charnwood) is usually responded to with abuse. The way he verbally abused Hallam was awful.

I haven't responded prior to now, but it does get on your wick reading the same of drivel every couple of weeks. I too have also wondered why he doesn't find another team to support if he is so anti everything ITFC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Charny don't be talking about resigning or being banned etc cus if you go I'm gone too cus it would be a bloody disgrace bearing in mind the amount of aggression etc that many on here have to endure, I can and indeed in the past have engaged in it and the Mod thing has been used as a stick on more than one occasion to hurl back at me, as you say it shouldn't detract from your right to voice your opinions etc. In actual fact it is because we haven't banned anyone yet that this crap keeps arising, I am in the camp that that needs to change. And for the record fuelling the fire by one or Two needs to stop too, sometimes no comment is needed.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:49 pm

I think sometimes we take ourselves too seriously, myself included.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:57 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:17 pm
The way he verbally abused Hallam was awful.
Oh come on BB, Hallam's a big girl she can take care of her self. She can dish it out to. The one thing I don't like about this forum is people telling other people what they should or shouldn't say...I don't mean direct insults because that should be controlled. However, like I said before there are numerous members on this forum who have insulted other members in some shape or form.

Can we lighten up a bit???

I'm beginning to think this is a Bernie Sanders website! :lol: