WARNOCK WAITING IN THE WINGS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: WARNOCK WAITING IN THE WINGS

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Chris Hughton

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 pm
Warnock in as long as he commits to the full season next year with Dyer (or someone young) shadowing him to take it on when he retires. Nothing to lose now - no time to take prisoners - its war!

Not sure about Dyer, but that is actually not a bad suggestion and let's face it, it's about the only thing Evans hasn'f tried,

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:57 pm

Hughton is OK but more ex norwich... lets try something new(ish)?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Do understand that will be an issue with a fair few. The ex Norwich thing. Can’t say it wouldn’t be an issue with me if Hibs kept hiring ex Jambos.

But regarding Hughton and the East Anglia thing, yes he’s proved he can manage a football club but is he the temperament Ipswich need? Too nicey nice imo. Too nice and he’d almost be another Lambo only worse. Who is the League One Sean Dyche? Get that dude in. Even if he doesn’t get the job, get him in the door anyway to hopefully open Mevans’ eyes a bit in an hour long interview. Complete with throaty voice!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:29 pm

I wouldn't touch Warnock, he already stated that he wants to retire at the end of this season but wouldn't mind some extra cash if someone needs him to do a short term job (presumably keeping someone up). This seems pointless to me and I don't see why he would have any better chance of getting us up this season than Lambert. Do we need this kind of mercenary approach at our club?

Personally if I were Evans I would stick with Lambert for now and then have a long review meeting at the end of the season before making any decisions. The change in fortunes between first 15 or 20 games and now looks so extreme to me that I can't help thinking something must have happened that we don't necessarily know about (apart from players getting stupid suspensions of course).

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:47 pm

By the time the over 70’s are allowed out of their homes the season will be over and Neil Warnock will have retired.🤣😂🤣