So how are we all feeling folks?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue
Posts: 24584
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am

Hopefully you can get that job back once things start up again? 🤞 I know it’s sounds pathetic to even suggest that, but it’s hard t9 know what else to say to you. It’s unprecedented times #9....just hang in there munchkin x

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21607
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Waiting for results to come back on my covid test.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 pm

All the best Mike and to number 9.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17792
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 pm
Waiting for results to come back on my covid test.
Mike, hope that goes well. Did you start getting symptoms?

Just heard couple days ago that my youngest son, Scotty (26) tested positive couple weeks ago. He didn’t want to worry me. But only came to slight cough and loss of taste.
He was tested as his girlfriend is a nurse at the city’s Western General hospital and became quite ill with it.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21607
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Cheers bud, no I'm feeling fine, crazy thing is several of my work colleagues have zero symptoms and haven't felt ill at all but have tested positive!! One of them has his wife work at hospital too and she's negative, quite bizarre.

I hope your son and daughter in law make a full and speedy recovery mate.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17792
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 pm
One of them has his wife work at hospital too and she's negative, quite bizarre.
It is definitely bizarre. My daughter in law is Swedish, fantastic tits and great blonde hair. But no good with illnesses.

That’s the pervy father in law post done for the year.

tangfastic
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by tangfastic » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:43 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 pm
One of them has his wife work at hospital too and she's negative, quite bizarre.
It is definitely bizarre. My daughter in law is Swedish, fantastic tits and great blonde hair. But no good with illnesses.

That’s the pervy father in law post done for the year.
:lol: :lol: I hope your son doesn’t log into TB.com.

Maybe a future request on a dating site..... “Much as I like great tits, I’m looking for someone who can handle illnesses well... preferably the Covid 19 thingy”

hallamblue
Posts: 24584
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 pm
Waiting for results to come back on my covid test.
I can’t believe you haven’t been tested weeks ago Mike. We just seem to be so slow and auctioning anything in this Country don’t we.

I’m sure you’ll be fine . You’re Teflon coated 😉

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12662
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:50 pm

I’m only guessing but could most of the current spread of Covid 19 be tracked back to health/care workers carrying and spreading the virus totally unaware.

It’s almost beyond belief that health and hospital workers aren’t tested regularly, surely you could have a mobile testing unit on site with a staff rota to catch all.

I guess herd immunity is the name of the game in the UK without publicity, and maybe in the long term it’s the right thing but it will cost lots of lives.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21607
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Well it came back negative so all good for now

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Good to hear Bluemike!

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am
Hopefully you can get that job back once things start up again? 🤞 I know it’s sounds pathetic to even suggest that, but it’s hard t9 know what else to say to you. It’s unprecedented times #9....just hang in there munchkin x
Thank you, dear! I meant to comment it's nice to see you posting again.

hallamblue
Posts: 24584
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:16 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am
Hopefully you can get that job back once things start up again? 🤞 I know it’s sounds pathetic to even suggest that, but it’s hard t9 know what else to say to you. It’s unprecedented times #9....just hang in there munchkin x
Thank you, dear! I meant to comment it's nice to see you posting again.
Thank you. well see how things go x

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:11 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:50 pm
I’m only guessing but could most of the current spread of Covid 19 be tracked back to health/care workers carrying and spreading the virus totally unaware.

It’s almost beyond belief that health and hospital workers aren’t tested regularly, surely you could have a mobile testing unit on site with a staff rota to catch all.

I guess herd immunity is the name of the game in the UK without publicity, and maybe in the long term it’s the right thing but it will cost lots of lives.
Footballers seem to be priority it's f**king ridiculous. Thousands of tests it's immoral even if they have to pay.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21607
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 am

Well after the f**king ridiculous anti racism gatherings yesterday I think it is safe to assume a rapid rise in cases soon, f**king selfish idiots. All lives matter my arse, I wonder how many lives will be ended by these mindless fuckwits pretending to care about people when in truth for most its just a bloody excuse to cause conflict and jump on the bandwagon themselves.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 am
Well after the f**king ridiculous anti racism gatherings yesterday I think it is safe to assume a rapid rise in cases soon, f**king selfish idiots. All lives matter my arse, I wonder how many lives will be ended by these mindless fuckwits pretending to care about people when in truth for most its just a bloody excuse to cause conflict and jump on the bandwagon themselves.
👍 👍 👍

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12662
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:11 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:50 pm
I’m only guessing but could most of the current spread of Covid 19 be tracked back to health/care workers carrying and spreading the virus totally unaware.

It’s almost beyond belief that health and hospital workers aren’t tested regularly, surely you could have a mobile testing unit on site with a staff rota to catch all.

I guess herd immunity is the name of the game in the UK without publicity, and maybe in the long term it’s the right thing but it will cost lots of lives.
Footballers seem to be priority it's f**king ridiculous. Thousands of tests it's immoral even if they have to pay.

I don’t understand why you think footballers are being treated as a priority, who is prioritising them ?.... As I understand the Premier League have sourced their own test kits from overseas and have their own testing facilities completely independent of the NHS, all paid for by the Premier League at each clubs expense. As I understand every player will be tested every two days to make sure any carriers are identified before spreading it amongst themselves or in the wider community.
If it isn’t costing the general public money, or taking away testing opportunities that would otherwise have been available to the public, what’s the problem.

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6585
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by TODD66 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 am
Well after the f**king ridiculous anti racism gatherings yesterday I think it is safe to assume a rapid rise in cases soon, f**king selfish idiots. All lives matter my arse, I wonder how many lives will be ended by these mindless fuckwits pretending to care about people when in truth for most its just a bloody excuse to cause conflict and jump on the bandwagon themselves.
Social experiment Mike.

If we don't see some sort of spike over the next two to three weeks after this little lot perhaps we get to say the virus is losing its strength and we are on the way out of it all and we can thank the protestors for their selfless actions in helping society overall, or maybe not......

Bloody stupid way of trying to find out though!

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12662
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:03 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 am
Well after the f**king ridiculous anti racism gatherings yesterday I think it is safe to assume a rapid rise in cases soon, f**king selfish idiots. All lives matter my arse, I wonder how many lives will be ended by these mindless fuckwits pretending to care about people when in truth for most its just a bloody excuse to cause conflict and jump on the bandwagon themselves.
Social experiment Mike.

If we don't see some sort of spike over the next two to three weeks after this little lot perhaps we get to say the virus is losing its strength and we are on the way out of it all and we can thank the protestors for their selfless actions in helping society overall, or maybe not......

Bloody stupid way of trying to find out though!

I guess it’s the Herd Immunity Experiment which is what Dominic Cummings suggested should be the Governments Strategy from day one.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21607
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 am

TODD66 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 am
Well after the f**king ridiculous anti racism gatherings yesterday I think it is safe to assume a rapid rise in cases soon, f**king selfish idiots. All lives matter my arse, I wonder how many lives will be ended by these mindless fuckwits pretending to care about people when in truth for most its just a bloody excuse to cause conflict and jump on the bandwagon themselves.
Social experiment Mike.

If we don't see some sort of spike over the next two to three weeks after this little lot perhaps we get to say the virus is losing its strength and we are on the way out of it all and we can thank the protestors for their selfless actions in helping society overall, or maybe not......

Bloody stupid way of trying to find out though!
Well these people should have wandered on to critical care with me last Friday, I think they'd think twice, or maybe not as they are so dense.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:02 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:11 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:50 pm
I’m only guessing but could most of the current spread of Covid 19 be tracked back to health/care workers carrying and spreading the virus totally unaware.

It’s almost beyond belief that health and hospital workers aren’t tested regularly, surely you could have a mobile testing unit on site with a staff rota to catch all.

I guess herd immunity is the name of the game in the UK without publicity, and maybe in the long term it’s the right thing but it will cost lots of lives.
Footballers seem to be priority it's f**king ridiculous. Thousands of tests it's immoral even if they have to pay.

I don’t understand why you think footballers are being treated as a priority, who is prioritising them ?.... As I understand the Premier League have sourced their own test kits from overseas and have their own testing facilities completely independent of the NHS, all paid for by the Premier League at each clubs expense. As I understand every player will be tested every two days to make sure any carriers are identified before spreading it amongst themselves or in the wider community.
If it isn’t costing the general public money, or taking away testing opportunities that would otherwise have been available to the public, what’s the problem.
The problem is instead of the PL spending all this money on pampered millionaire footballers they could of actually spent it buying tests for its supporters and communities. Give something back for a change. Do you not think if for argument sake a test bought by the NHS costs £1 and the PL offers £2 you know who the seller is going to sell to. Thus potentially effecting supply. Footballers should not get preferences just because of money talks. IMMORAL.

tangfastic
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by tangfastic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:51 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:02 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:11 am


Footballers seem to be priority it's f**king ridiculous. Thousands of tests it's immoral even if they have to pay.

I don’t understand why you think footballers are being treated as a priority, who is prioritising them ?.... As I understand the Premier League have sourced their own test kits from overseas and have their own testing facilities completely independent of the NHS, all paid for by the Premier League at each clubs expense. As I understand every player will be tested every two days to make sure any carriers are identified before spreading it amongst themselves or in the wider community.
If it isn’t costing the general public money, or taking away testing opportunities that would otherwise have been available to the public, what’s the problem.
The problem is instead of the PL spending all this money on pampered millionaire footballers they could of actually spent it buying tests for its supporters and communities. Give something back for a change. Do you not think if for argument sake a test bought by the NHS costs £1 and the PL offers £2 you know who the seller is going to sell to. Thus potentially effecting supply. Footballers should not get preferences just because of money talks. IMMORAL.
You’re probably right about their being a morality issue, but I can’t angry about it. If they did give the test kits to someone else it would be a drop in the ocean when you compare it to a country of 65-70 million people. The test kits are not a vaccine whereby you can argue that they’re not a direct lifesaver. If the test kits are so important they should have been more readily available a couple of months ago.
I can’t get angry about this when you’ve got tens of thousands demonstrating shoulder to shoulder in cities likely to spread the virus even further. I don’t think it would make much of a difference if these test kits were distributed to the public - just a token gesture.

User avatar
Ohiotractorboy
Posts: 2262
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 am
Location: Central Ohio

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:40 pm

Eleven days over here of shoulder to shoulder rioting, with tear gas being deployed, so they are snotting, spitting, and generally splorting everywhere. No spike at all in cases. Add to that the WHO just announced that non-symptomatic people don't really spread anything (which was the basis of all this lockdown BS) and you have one overblown, overwrought, and needless panicdemic. Time to move on.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21607
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:42 pm

But it supposedly takes at least 10 days from the point of infection before symptoms show. That said I think it is very likely figures will shall we say "be manipulated" so as not to point the finger of blame at protesters should the spike occur. The same as over here, figures of deaths etc are supposedly dropping to under 100 a day, but given how restrictions are now being lifted I have no faith in genuine figures being reported so as to justify the early lifting of restrictions. It's a farce.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by number 9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:40 pm
Eleven days over here of shoulder to shoulder rioting, with tear gas being deployed, so they are snotting, spitting, and generally splorting everywhere. No spike at all in cases. Add to that the WHO just announced that non-symptomatic people don't really spread anything (which was the basis of all this lockdown BS) and you have one overblown, overwrought, and needless panicdemic. Time to move on.
Have police officers there started resigning yet, Ohio?

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by Andym » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:27 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:42 pm
But it supposedly takes at least 10 days from the point of infection before symptoms show. That said I think it is very likely figures will shall we say "be manipulated" so as not to point the finger of blame at protesters should the spike occur. The same as over here, figures of deaths etc are supposedly dropping to under 100 a day, but given how restrictions are now being lifted I have no faith in genuine figures being reported so as to justify the early lifting of restrictions. It's a farce.
I agree. I wouldn't trust any figures coming from a Government led by a proven liar.
I was talking to an old boy yesterday (should I say that as a 66 year old? I think he's 80+). He was saying that we should have received more information from the Chinese at the start. (His actual words were "The Chinkies withheld information. Bastards."
I was going to ask if he trusted the information we are being given at home, now we know that the figure for number of tests being carried out included test kits sent out regardless of whether they were returned, and each kit was counted as 2 as it went to the back of the throat and up the nose. And each pair of gloves was counted as 2 items of PPE. But for once I decided to keep my mouth shut.
Sorry. getting political again.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17792
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:34 am

Probably best not to ask anyone over 80 anything at all. Ever.
Usually their answers could make front page news.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3469
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: So how are we all feeling folks?

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:12 am

Watched a programme on tv where they say tests are showing 87% of these imported masks are either fake or made from the wrong material.
sign of the times where money comes first,

Post Reply