Dyer's best 11 he's played for Town with.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Dyer's best 11 he's played for Town with.

Post by K L Blue » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Kieron Dyer's top 11 town players he's played with

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/kieron-dye ... -1-6602883

I think some might surprise some people

AzzurroMark

Re: Dyer's best 11 he's played for Town with.

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Have to say, no real surprises for me. Some of those eleven are what i would see as "players' players". Scowie is a typical example - not really a fans' favourite, but can imagine he was a great outlet for his team mates. I recall a typical example of his hard working ethics, when he chased down a "lost cause" ball into the corner at Carrow Road and managed to put in a great cross too. Always thought he got an unfair press at Ipswich, considering he is a local lad.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:40 pm

I'd put Mathie ahead of Johnson although the latter could be relied upon to contribute on occasion. Clapham seemed a notable absentee although it's all about own opinion. Jermaine Wright could have been in it but guess he didn't feature enough when Dyer was on board or possibly they missed each other by a season or two. Same goes for Mason and Reuser, pity really as they're the kind of players that could really assist with someone like Dyer in the team set-up.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:43 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:40 pm
I'd put Mathie ahead of Johnson although the latter could be relied upon to contribute on occasion. Clapham seemed a notable absentee although it's all about own opinion. Jermaine Wright could have been in it but guess he didn't feature enough when Dyer was on board or possibly they missed each other by a season or two. Same goes for Mason and Reuser, pity really as they're the kind of players that could really assist with someone like Dyer in the team set-up.
Johnson had a better goal to game ratio 2.4:1 to Mathies 2.8:1 and perhaps Johnson's style complemented Dyer's more? Always liked Mathie though, maybe because a few (inebriated perhaps? :lol: ) people said i looked like him!
Clapham is certainly a good shout, however i (personally) viewed Jamma as quite a lazy looking player, who nonetheless chipped in with a few cracking goals.
Pretty sure Reuser came just after Dyer, though i stand to be corrected. Mason was another good player, but when you have a midfield selection of Holland, Magilton & Jason Dozzell, it is very hard to argue for his inclusion too.