Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 pm

I get the fact that players will always want to better themselves. I've no problem with that tbh . What really pisses me off is the constant bullshyte they trot out. …"Im happy here "....I want to stay "..."I want to help the Club get promoted", "Hopefully Ill still be here at the start of the season"

UTTER BULLSHYTE!

FFS just try and be honest , and say it how it really is ….eg " I'm relatively happy here, but of course Id be interested if a Championship or PL club in for me, who wouldn't be."...Id actually have far more respect for players if they were just honest!

So, jog on Downes, and lets see what town can get for him . Not much more than has been offered Id say.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:18 pm

He's not ready for the premiership at best he will be on the bench when he could be playing and improving his skills 😬

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 pm

the players don't give a monkey about that KB.. they will be "at a PL Club" and getting £m's for the privilege, and probably quite happy to sit on the bench . Wickham is a multi-millionaire doing just that at CPFC .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:41 pm

So Skuse will be Downes’ replacement then?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm

or maybe Nolan /Huws?

In many ways it'll make Lamberts job of picking a team, ( he seems to find this difficult to do!!), a bit easier.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:24 pm

not sure if its true, but a few places now reporting Downes has handed in a transfer request.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:16 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:24 pm
not sure if its true, but a few places now reporting Downes has handed in a transfer request.
Including this thread KL Blue :wink:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:16 pm
K L Blue wrote:
OOPS!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:16 pm
K L Blue wrote:
OOPS!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
I’ve just heard that Forest are after Frans Thijssen.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 pm
I’ve just heard that Forest are after Frans Thijssen.
Is that "Green Rovers" for midfield duties? Or "Nottingham" for managerial duties?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:51 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm
or maybe Nolan /Huws?

In many ways it'll make Lamberts job of picking a team, ( he seems to find this difficult to do!!), a bit easier.
Come on now, Miss Hallam(feeling)Blue......., it's a new chapter! Let's hope he finds is easier to do as the "stars" start departing.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:24 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 pm
I get the fact that players will always want to better themselves. I've no problem with that tbh . What really pisses me off is the constant bullshyte they trot out. …"Im happy here "....I want to stay "..."I want to help the Club get promoted", "Hopefully Ill still be here at the start of the season"

UTTER BULLSHYTE!

FFS just try and be honest , and say it how it really is ….eg " I'm relatively happy here, but of course Id be interested if a Championship or PL club in for me, who wouldn't be."...Id actually have far more respect for players if they were just honest!

So, jog on Downes, and lets see what town can get for him . Not much more than has been offered Id say.
I agree with this entirely, it pisses me off too all the bullshit they spew out.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Sad days! No doubt his new agent (bloody parasites) has played a big part in this
Well let's hope enough teams are interested so as to start a bidding war, so that we can get the maximum under-valued fee that we can get.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Thing is it doesn't matter how much the Club secures for Downes departure. The reality is , the money is paid in drip, drip fashion to be rendered meaningless in terms of PL’s ability to get in a decent replacement , and that’s even assuming Evans makes any money available to the manager, Which we all know is probably a big fat “ no”.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:42 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm
Sad days! No doubt his new agent (bloody parasites) has played a big part in this
Well let's hope enough teams are interested so as to start a bidding war, so that we can get the maximum under-valued fee that we can get.
Double edged sword there, Azzurro. His agent arguably planting seeds in the lads head...... but his agent will (or should) get the best deal for him & ITFC........ and himself! Parasite b*stard! :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:50 pm

They don’t get the best deal for the Club though do they marko...they’re only interested in their player and themselves, surely?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 pm

With the salary cap, how does, I dunno, 4 million benefit us? He’s under 21 anyway, so that doesn’t make any more wiggle room to keep within the salary restriction if we wanted to bring in another player (unless he’s under 21 and, in which case, might as well use our own youth players)
What are the rules? If we get a fee for Downes and then pay a fee to get another player - is that paid fee exempt from the salary cap or counts towards it?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:58 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:42 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm
Double edged sword there, Azzurro. His agent arguably planting seeds in the lads head...... but his agent will (or should) get the best deal for him & ITFC........ and himself! Parasite b*stard! :D
Why did he get a new agent? It’s Downes’ decision to get a new agent and likely that it was for a future move for his own interests.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:07 pm

So the second offer was £1.6 million what a p*ss take tossers.😬

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:07 pm

Agents in general. I missed the word “new” in Azzurros post.

Well, 🤷‍♂️, good luck to the laddie I say. If Mevans hasn’t got big aspirations any more, (Roy Keanes fault) then why should a Young very promising player hang around like a feckin spare part? He’s old enough now and I reckon he sussed the situation himself without the need for advice from a new agent. But who knows. 🤷‍♂️

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:07 pm
So the second offer was £1.6 million what a p*ss take tossers.😬
It’s what most knew would happen with relegation to the 3rd tier. A f**king disaster. And that IS pi$$ take dough. 🤦‍♂️

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:14 pm

I can hear Evan's now..."Well due to the shortfalls of the salary cap, I'm unable to make funds available from any sales for reinvestment into the squad...therefore the cash balance of all transfers from this point on will remain in my f*ck-off pocket!" :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:29 pm

I genuinely don’t think Evans wants Downes to go - especially for that small amount. I’m sticking up for poor beleaguered Marcus on this one. We can play hard ball, but if Downes wants to go and makes a big fuss, then we might be forced to sell on the cheap.
Much of this depends on Downes. He’s got the security of another two years on his contract here. Players and their agents are always keen to get a long contract. It’s not like an owner can request for a player to tear up his contract if they want rid. He can’t have it both ways.

Without this bloody salary cap I can see that selling Downes and then re-investing in a couple of much-needed players could benefit us, but it feels we’re a bit screwed with the restrictions.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:30 pm

The fee should be 7 million minimum, stump up the cash or p*ss off. Trouble is as Tang says, how the hell does it benefit us anyway.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:30 pm
Trouble is as Tang says, how the hell does it benefit us anyway.
Oh well, if that genuinely is the case, then I refer to Hallams opening post in the "Towns Academy" thread (Or number 9's pervy Star Wars thread)....., its £5-£6M a year to run that academy? (Is it really?)......, get it closed the fk down. It's benefitting no one but other clubs.
Use the dough to pay good scouts to seek out good loanees to get the club back to an upper half Championship club.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:43 pm

So if I'm understanding the salary cap correctly, it only applies to players over 21? Sorry I'm being lazy. Here's a link for those who don't know.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 31414.html

It looks like the cap does not include players U21, or renewals for players under contract until they are 24...I think. So, at 2.5 million for the squad that doesn't leave much wiggle room for high quality loans and transfers. My point is, wouldn't the money from sales be better spent on the Academy and reinvestment to continue developing (Shut up Marko :lol:) our own U21 players that we will hopefully in the future re-sign until they're 24? Obviously we may not have to/want to/need to hang on to them until they're 24, but at least it will keep us within financial parameters until/if we ever get promoted. Of course we can throw in the odd loan or transfer, but how much quality are we really gonna get that keeps us under the cap? How much better than our homegrown youngsters will we even get? Just look at the Hurst recruits...are they really that much better than our youngsters?

Am I talking bollocks here?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Head burst. Too complicated.

I blame number 9's avatar. Stupid ITFC salary cap.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:18 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:13 pm
Head burst. Too complicated.

I blame number 9's avatar. Stupid ITFC salary cap.
:lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:41 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:43 pm
So if I'm understanding the salary cap correctly, it only applies to players over 21? Sorry I'm being lazy. Here's a link for those who don't know.

It looks like the cap does not include players U21, or renewals for players under contract until they are 24...I think. So, at 2.5 million for the squad that doesn't leave much wiggle room for high quality loans and transfers. My point is, wouldn't the money from sales be better spent on the Academy and reinvestment to continue developing (Shut up Marko :lol:) our own U21 players that we will hopefully in the future re-sign until they're 24? Obviously we may not have to/want to/need to hang on to them until they're 24, but at least it will keep us within financial parameters until/if we ever get promoted. Of course we can throw in the odd loan or transfer, but how much quality are we really gonna get that keeps us under the cap? How much better than our homegrown youngsters will we even get? Just look at the Hurst recruits...are they really that much better than our youngsters?

I would like to see the money saved and try to get out of L1 with what we have and re-invest the money once in the championship rather than the academy.

There seems little point in spending it on players fees if you can’t pay them enough, you don’t spend 2-3 million on a player who greatly improves us only to pay him 1.5k a week unless you go with a much smaller squad. Unless we get promoted it’s will take another season after this coming one to the squad balance right.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Ando wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:41 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:43 pm

I would like to see the money saved and try to get out of L1 with what we have and re-invest the money once in the championship rather than the academy.

There seems little point in spending it on players fees if you can’t pay them enough, you don’t spend 2-3 million on a player who greatly improves us only to pay him 1.5k a week unless you go with a much smaller squad. Unless we get promoted it’s will take another season after this coming one to the squad balance right.
To get out of L1, we could well need a player like Downes. Ridiculous with the amount of midfielders we’ve got, but can’t see a like-for-like replacement for Downes in our squad. We could get rid of 3-4 midfielders and wouldn’t miss them- but Downes is different. But I can’t see we have much choice either than sticking two fingers up to any suitors or going with the players we’ve got.
If Downes stays for an extra year and helps us go up, we can sell far higher and have more latitude to who we bring in.