Colchester sack McGreal

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Colchester sack McGreal

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:46 am

Colchester sack John McGreal I thought he was doing a decent job compared to some :roll:

hallamblue

Re: Colchester sack McGreal

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:18 pm

I’d offer him a defensive coaching role at Town !

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Strange decision! A 5th place finish and the cup scalp of Spurs obviously counts for very little it seems. Reading the reports, a "new direction" and a potential internal appointment, could suggest a need to save money, which in that case would explain the parting of ways?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 pm

I did see a week ago that McGreal was linked with the Tranmere job. Not sure that’s got to do anything with this but wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up there.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:33 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:22 pm
Strange decision! A 5th place finish and the cup scalp of Spurs obviously counts for very little it seems. Reading the reports, a "new direction" and a potential internal appointment, could suggest a need to save money, which in that case would explain the parting of ways?

Or a breach of protocols given his link with Tranmere Rovers. Next stop a Colchester compensation claim after McGreal is confirmed in post at the Birkenhead club.