Spurs match

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

tangfastic
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Spurs match

Post by tangfastic » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Ndaba did look good. Very composed on the ball.

Decent second half, but can’t help feel Spurs did enough in the first 30 mins and took the foot of the pedal.

Worried we might lose 7 or 8 nil at one stage, so content with the 3-0.

I’m just thinking - would it have been better to play your strongest team from the off, especially after seeing the Spurs line-up? By all means, put two teams out if you’re playing non-league opposition, but this was Spurs. I think we need our strongest eleven- whatever that is - to get used to playing together. On the other hand, not sure that Lambert knows himself.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3318
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Spurs match

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:09 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:05 pm
Ndaba did look good. Very composed on the ball.

Decent second half, but can’t help feel Spurs did enough in the first 30 mins and took the foot of the pedal.

Worried we might lose 7 or 8 nil at one stage, so content with the 3-0.

I’m just thinking - would it have been better to play your strongest team from the off, especially after seeing the Spurs line-up? By all means, put two teams out if you’re playing non-league opposition, but this was Spurs. I think we need our strongest eleven- whatever that is - to get used to playing together. On the other hand, not sure that Lambert knows himself.
Spot on.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2858
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Spurs match

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Image

Captions??? :lol:

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4244
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Spurs match

Post by Andym » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Do we think we will see a more settled side on Tuesday? It would be good for the majority of the "best 11" ( if PL knows what It Is.....) to play 90 minutes before the season starts.

I might even splash out to watch it.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Spurs match

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Did you know I am a champions league winner too Jose? Oh and i can also hold both ends of my d*ck at the same time so does that make me a better manager than you?

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Spurs match

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Paul, I think you have THIS much talent.....

Kerry Blue
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Spurs match

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:49 pm

That's how much chance you have got of getting Harry Kane on loan.

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8930
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Spurs match

Post by saint jude » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Took a moment to view a game report. Don't know hardly any of the regular Spurs team so whether they fielded a strong or reserve side remains unknown at present time. Guess a 0 - 3 loss at one of the more established EPL teams (against ourselves) is a kind of expected score and we put out two different line-ups before and after the interval.

Hard to evaluate what to take from this, of course the level in League One in the season ahead will prove altogether different. Not much in the way of pre-season events this time around but given the circumstances kind of expected. Hope the team finds a victory over West Ham in a few days, not a favorite side by any stretch of the imagination.

tangfastic
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Spurs match

Post by tangfastic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:54 am

Andym wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:20 pm
Do we think we will see a more settled side on Tuesday? It would be good for the majority of the "best 11" ( if PL knows what It Is.....) to play 90 minutes before the season starts.

I might even splash out to watch it.
No idea what side or sides Lambert would put out.

It looks like he’s going for the 4-4-3. Norwood and Hawkins would fit that central striker role, but both aren’t fit. I guess that’s why Drinan has come from nowhere, as he can play up front on his own. Doesn’t suit Jackson so much.

After yesterday, I think Holy is now certainly the number 1. Defence should be KVY, Chambers, Woolf and Ward.

Downes should be a certain starter and, if fit, Norwood up front.

On the wings, we’ve got Edwards, Lankester, Sears and Dobra and perhaps Jackson. So 2 from 4 - but wouldn’t be surprised to see Lambert squeeze Judge into the team on the wing. Edwards and Lankester are natural widemen, so wouldn’t be averse to go with them.

If we go for 3 in midfield - its who partners Downes in midfield for those two places. From Skuse, Huws, Barney McGrew, Dozzell, Bishop, Judge, Nolan, El Mizouni, Dobra, McGavin. That could be the most difficult selection to get right and the most important. The midfield was changed pretty much every week last season. I’d pick Bishop as one of the midfielders, based on the two friendlies I’ve seen so far.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21936
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Spurs match

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:32 am

My starting Eleven would be

Holy
Kvy.....chambo.....woolfy......ward
Edwards...Downes...Bishop....El Mizouni....Lankester
Norwood/Hawkins (either/or)

Purely because a one up front doesn't suit Jackson I see no way to fit him in, I also don't see the need for both Downes and Skuse in the same side. Nolan or Judge will almost certainly get the nod ahead of El Mizouni though but man what a strong bench we will have.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3318
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Spurs match

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:04 am

We definitely need a different option going forward. Maybe Hawkins can play with his back to goal thus bringing others into the game. Holy no.1 for me. Kvy and Ward nailed on. Wolfy and I'm sure PL won't drop Chambo unfortunately yet. Bishop Downes defo. Now I would play Dobra Lankester PL won't. Judge in behind front man. Unfortunately for me it's the system we play is wrong. He will get away with playing that way all the time there are no fans. Because there will not be any collective groans from the stands when we have made 15 passes between the goalkeeper and the back 4 to get to halfway for somebody then pass it back again. :roll:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18058
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Spurs match

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:53 am

Caption:

Lambert: Did you know I used to play for Dortmund?
Mourinho: I care, this much.

tangfastic
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Spurs match

Post by tangfastic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:32 am
My starting Eleven would be

Holy
Kvy.....chambo.....woolfy......ward
Edwards...Downes...Bishop....El Mizouni....Lankester
Norwood/Hawkins (either/or)

Purely because a one up front doesn't suit Jackson I see no way to fit him in, I also don't see the need for both Downes and Skuse in the same side. Nolan or Judge will almost certainly get the nod ahead of El Mizouni though but man what a strong bench we will have.
Agreed, it’s early days, but I think that’s a decent line-up for 4-4-3 to start of with. And also agree that’s unlikely to happen as I expect Judge, Skuse and Nolan to be shoe-horned into the team. I’d at least expect to see El Mizouni and Dobra as regular subs.

Ando
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Spurs match

Post by Ando » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:45 pm

I am not convinced Lankester has done enough to warrant a start yet. He’s been out a long time it’s a big ask.

If we are to get promoted this season then 2 or 3 of our youngsters are going to have to make the same impact as Downs and Woolfy did last season. Ndaba and Mcgavin need a season on loan playing regular first team football.

tangfastic
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Spurs match

Post by tangfastic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:40 am

Ando wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:45 pm
I am not convinced Lankester has done enough to warrant a start yet. He’s been out a long time it’s a big ask.

If we are to get promoted this season then 2 or 3 of our youngsters are going to have to make the same impact as Downs and Woolfy did last season. Ndaba and Mcgavin need a season on loan playing regular first team football.
Have to admit, it would be a big ask for Lankester to play a lot of games after his injury history. On the other hand, there’s not many who’ve earned a place in the team. Quite a few positions up for grabs. I just hope Lambert tries to stick to a formation and puts square pegs in square holes. None of this mix n match and playing players out of position.

Post Reply