Norwood charged with drink driving

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
tangfastic
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by tangfastic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:27 am

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-ne ... nk-driving

Happened on 30th August. Norwood doesn’t help himself.

hallamblue
Posts: 24937
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 am

Nope he sure doesn't …. He isn't the first , and he wont be the last will he . The Plonkier

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 pm

I'm starting to wish he'd gone to Dundee United, trouble is someone will have to drive him there now, form an orderly queue

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7221
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Idiot. Would like to see them throw the book at him and that goes for anybody that feels it is ok to drink and drive whether they are a footballer or not.

hallamblue
Posts: 24937
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Spot on Shed ..

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8968
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by saint jude » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Imagine a number of people within the sports industry think they're above the law when it comes to certain activities. Guess Norwood is no exception, possesses a decent motor and earns a competitive salary you'd imagine so why not flaunt it and take exception to the rules of the highway.

Imagine a fine will come out of this when case concludes. Some on the street would get a custodial and while it doesn't mention the speed the player was traveling bottom line such actions should always be frowned upon. Maybe a short (team) suspension, a fine that is derisory and carry on as you are. He's no Tony Adams but any behavior such as this should be punished more to the letter of the law regardless of who you are.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:25 pm

What a fool he's not a kid and should know better, when we got him I was expecting 20 plus goals a season that looks unlikely now even when he is fit.👎

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:29 pm

I was too but alas he's not good enough, for me Jackson is far better and scored as many goals, his work rate leaves Norwood standing.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18230
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 pm
I'm starting to wish he'd gone to Dundee United, trouble is someone will have to drive him there now, form an orderly queue
Be like travelling to Mars. You can go there......, but you might not be coming back.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:07 pm

I've gone through it on the way to Forfar on a Friday night, horrendous Marko.
Oh and by the way I've just paid £12.50 to watch Hibs thrash the Loons lol

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18230
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm

£12.50? For the crappy League Cup? Honestly, robbin' bstds!

Very intrigued with this one. The cabbage have Hanlon off pretending to be Brazil for Scotland so there will be chances there for the Loons.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4355
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Andym » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm

I think Norwood has been really hampered by injury and still (prior to injury) lacked fitness.

When he joined us he missed a few chances, particularly one-on-ones. But his work rate was terrific. He would drop back deep to collect the ball, lay it off and sprint back to the central striker's position.

Unfortunately it didn't last, hopefully because of injury rather thsn boredom with our lack of creativity last season. If only he can get fit again he could do well with the more positive footy we are playing at present. I wouldn't write him off yet.....Although at 30 the injuries seem to be starting to mount up.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3376
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:30 pm

I think the club should sack the pr*ck .8 grand a week allegedly no excuses .Get a cab?

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by number 9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:25 am

I’m not a Norwood fan, but give the guy a break. We all make mistakes.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:52 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm
£12.50? For the crappy League Cup? Honestly, robbin' bstds!

Very intrigued with this one. The cabbage have Hanlon off pretending to be Brazil for Scotland so there will be chances there for the Loons.
Marko, I clearly haven't seen Hibs over the years but tell me this is one of the worst Hibs sides ever ? Can't lie I was shocked, I honestly think if we'd had a game or Two we'd have won last night, chance wise we created little but this team are virtually all new and never played together, I think our keeper made one real save all night. Shame we couldn't hang out 3 more minutes.

tangfastic
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by tangfastic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:37 am

Andym wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm
I think Norwood has been really hampered by injury and still (prior to injury) lacked fitness.

When he joined us he missed a few chances, particularly one-on-ones. But his work rate was terrific. He would drop back deep to collect the ball, lay it off and sprint back to the central striker's position.

Unfortunately it didn't last, hopefully because of injury rather thsn boredom with our lack of creativity last season. If only he can get fit again he could do well with the more positive footy we are playing at present. I wouldn't write him off yet.....Although at 30 the injuries seem to be starting to mount up.
I agree that Norwood’s workrate was very good when he joined and before his injuries. Recently, he looked more like a headless chicken than lazy IMO. His goal record wasn’t bad before he got injured. He looks frustrated more than anything.

I think the system now suits Hawkins more than Norwood. Hawkins is more selfless and disciplined in his role.
I can see us parting company with Norwood at some point when he’s fit again. Doesn’t seem happy. Or maybe he’ll use this time to get himself right and appreciate that at 30 it’s either he makes some success at it here or it’ll be a downward slope.

User avatar
Dubai Blue
Posts: 4489
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:18 pm
Location: Dubai, UAE

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 am

Tang just on that last point I'm not sure I agree. For sure Hawkins fits better with the current system but I don't believe that over the course of the season we can play the same system without variation or we will get found out. And some games will need a different approach anyway.

Whilst we are managing quite happily without Norwood at the moment, what will happen if Hawkins gets a knock? We don't really have a direct replacement for him. So either we play Norwood in the same system or change things around a bit. Either way Norwood will come in very handy.

Only question is whether he will accept this 'team oriented' role or prefer to potentially be the diva elsewhere.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:38 am

It says something when Norwood slips below Drinan in the pecking order which I believe to be the case, the lad was looking good prior to getting injured. I agree in that Norwood could be on borrowed time here.

tangfastic
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by tangfastic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 am
Tang just on that last point I'm not sure I agree. For sure Hawkins fits better with the current system but I don't believe that over the course of the season we can play the same system without variation or we will get found out. And some games will need a different approach anyway.

Whilst we are managing quite happily without Norwood at the moment, what will happen if Hawkins gets a knock? We don't really have a direct replacement for him. So either we play Norwood in the same system or change things around a bit. Either way Norwood will come in very handy.

Only question is whether he will accept this 'team oriented' role or prefer to potentially be the diva elsewhere.
I’m sure we’ll get found out during the season and over the next couple of months we’re going to be playing stronger teams. So we’ll find out how good we are.

The thing is it’s not like we’re playing solely long ball football. It’s just Hawkins offers that outlet if we’re going long. I think we’re trying to play it from the back (quite often not that successfully) and through midfield and often to the flanks. And often we’re forced to go long or we choose to. So maybe we already have some variety in our play. Jackson offers another different variation, but he’d only prosper if he gets fed the right kind of passes for him to use his pace. Drinan seems to be a more similar type of replacement for Hawkins if he picks up an injury (more than likely).
I’m not writing off Norwood. I’d like him to succeed, but, as you say, he seems a diva and wants to be the main man. Just feels that it’s going wrong behind the scenes and with the injuries. I think he’s trying Lambert’s patience.

For the time being, if it ain’t broke then no need to fix it, but be good to have Jackson, Norwood and maybe Drinan available to add a bit of variety.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by rossi » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm
I think Norwood has been really hampered by injury and still (prior to injury) lacked fitness.

When he joined us he missed a few chances, particularly one-on-ones. But his work rate was terrific. He would drop back deep to collect the ball, lay it off and sprint back to the central striker's position.

Unfortunately it didn't last, hopefully because of injury rather thsn boredom with our lack of creativity last season. If only he can get fit again he could do well with the more positive footy we are playing at present. I wouldn't write him off yet.....Although at 30 the injuries seem to be starting to mount up.
I think, Andy, that you can not have watched the play-off semi finals and final just before he came here. With all the hype about him, I made sure I watched those games on Sky, and in each game he had loads of chances and wasted practically all of them. I know he scored a lot of goals that season, but I'll bet any money that his ratio of chances converted to goals was really low. I didn't think he was good enough then, and I don't now. Get rid.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4355
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Andym » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:01 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 pm
Andym wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm
I think Norwood has been really hampered by injury and still (prior to injury) lacked fitness.

When he joined us he missed a few chances, particularly one-on-ones. But his work rate was terrific. He would drop back deep to collect the ball, lay it off and sprint back to the central striker's position.

Unfortunately it didn't last, hopefully because of injury rather thsn boredom with our lack of creativity last season. If only he can get fit again he could do well with the more positive footy we are playing at present. I wouldn't write him off yet.....Although at 30 the injuries seem to be starting to mount up.
I think, Andy, that you can not have watched the play-off semi finals and final just before he came here. With all the hype about him, I made sure I watched those games on Sky, and in each game he had loads of chances and wasted practically all of them. I know he scored a lot of goals that season, but I'll bet any money that his ratio of chances converted to goals was really low. I didn't think he was good enough then, and I don't now. Get rid.
You are probably right. He missed many chances for us too. The point I wanted to make was that, prior to injury, his work rate was excellent.

As an aside, I would say that despite an improvement in the quality of football so far this season, whoever has played up front has been quite isolated.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18230
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:52 am
marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm
£12.50? For the crappy League Cup? Honestly, robbin' bstds!

Very intrigued with this one. The cabbage have Hanlon off pretending to be Brazil for Scotland so there will be chances there for the Loons.
Marko, I clearly haven't seen Hibs over the years but tell me this is one of the worst Hibs sides ever ? Can't lie I was shocked, I honestly think if we'd had a game or Two we'd have won last night, chance wise we created little but this team are virtually all new and never played together, I think our keeper made one real save all night. Shame we couldn't hang out 3 more minutes.
Mike......., Hibs have basically been sh*te since everyone worth their jersey left with McLeish in 2002/03.

21/05/2016 aside...... not much to write home about.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:50 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:25 am
I’m not a Norwood fan, but give the guy a break. We all make mistakes.
Sorry to say 9, a mistake is just that, a mistake. Drink driving is no mistake, its dangerous and causes many deaths and ruins lives. Nobody should ever drink and think its ok to drive. Hope he gets a large fine relative to his earnings on top of his driving ban.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by number 9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:50 pm
number 9 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:25 am
I’m not a Norwood fan, but give the guy a break. We all make mistakes.
Sorry to say 9, a mistake is just that, a mistake. Drink driving is no mistake, its dangerous and causes many deaths and ruins lives. Nobody should ever drink and think its ok to drive. Hope he gets a large fine relative to his earnings on top of his driving ban.
Fair point.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18230
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 am

Unless there are decent cup holders, always advise against drink driving.

Cue the (with spittle) “drink driving is no joke.....”

I know. It’s not. But spilling coffee is funny as fk. When it happens to someone else of course.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Norwood charged with drink driving

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:22 am

You never know when its going to happen Marko, it could be instant.

Post Reply