Doncaster Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we keep it going?

Rovers Win
33%
Town Win
40%
Draw
27%

Total votes: 15

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Doncaster Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:54 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:35 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:34 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:41 pm
Well, we were never going to win or draw every game.

To be fair, we might not have done so well in the previous 6 games had opposing teams taken their chances. Tonight, Doncaster were not only the best team we have faced so far, but they had the run of the ball and took their chances and as a result we came up short.

Losing at Doncaster is not a disaster - if we lose at Lincoln on Saturday that is also not a disaster: it's just a shame that we have these 2 away games consecutively
as I share Ash's worry that if we DO lose again on Saturday then PL might start chopping and changing the team.

When you look at it, this season has started for us a lot like last season. The worrying thing for me is the comments made by Huws a few days ago, that we have learned from last season. From what I saw last night, we have learned very little - we had no idea last season how to create chances against and penetrate a team playing 5 across midfield, and we had no idea second half last night. That lesson needs to be learned very quickly - simple remedy for that though - leave Judge out for a few games. Don't think that will happen though - in fact I think that if Holy was to become injured, PL would replace him with...…..Judge.
That is absolutely spot on.
so is that :lol:
LMAO bloody hope not.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:13 am
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:38 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:12 pm

I think we found out tonight that our realistic chances of an easy promotion this season are unfounded and that scoring against stubborn defences with our firepower also won’t be easy. I thought we would keep a clean sheet tonight with worse case scenario being a 0-0 draw. The fact we lost and failed to score ourselves suggests promotion won’t come easy and that Lambert & Co face an uphill struggle especially against the better sides in this league. Let’s hope we can re-group before the weekend as I fear two straight defeats could really burst our confidence bubble and even worse trigger a run of poor results. Let’s hope this isn’t the case.

The other thing that will almost certainly happen Charny, is all the gloom and doom merchants will be out in force giving it the “ I told you so”.... “ we’ve been found out”, and “happy clappers/ blue tinted glasses” sh*t as per usual. I genuinely think some Town fans are actually HAPPY tonight . Sad but true !
I've always maintained that Liz, they are bloody happy, can't wait for a negative result, sad arse fuckwits.

User banned, Post edited by Frosty

Let's move on, the forum has been really good lately.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:43 pm

You have seriously broken the forum rules here, Derick. Threatening violence and bringing members extended family into it? And then being derogatory towards a female member. It's like you've broken every rule there is to break on the open forum? This is a total ban I am afraid. Expecting that to be put into force by tomorrow. Shame really. You should've taken that to pm and asked what Mike was meaning with his comments because they were definitely 100% not aimed at you. You've been posting some quality stuff and links recently and it makes no sense whatsoever. Totally unnecessary.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Dear oh dear.

Disagree with others by all means, but this way out of line.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:22 pm

I’m afraid I agree with those sentiments. It’s a shame because I’ve always enjoyed the back and forth banter, but that is taking it too far. I just hope all is well in folks personal lives, and this isn’t a reflection of something much deeper. Sometimes a bit of cheeky sarcasm with a smile and an eye roll is much more productive on a forum.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Andy, you are over thinking this mate.

You are a valued member of the forum and I welcome your views, you are consistent and often make very valid points.

This place would be a waste of time without opposing/alternate views, for me personally, I also find the club fustrating over the past few years. The fact we are in League 1 verifies this.

The issue today has nothing to do with peoples opinions, it stems from a long running legacy and the nature of the post was out of order.

There has been good debates recently, and an overall good feel to the forum ....... I am hoping to keep it this way.

cheers Dave

edit - AndyM has since deleted his previous post, I was actually replying to a fair post (not a phantom one) , now I look a little silly. :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Whilst I’ve no idea what Derick has been up to tonight clearly he’s overstepped the line, am I surprised ? .., quite frankly NO. Sadly this guy can’t help himself and clearly has an issue with self control and self discipline which is a shame, as he could have been an asset to the forum as a person with a different opinion for some to share a healthy debate with. Given his track record I hope this is a long term or permanent ban as we really don’t need this kind of member on our forum.

If you’re able to read this Derek I hope you’re ashamed of yourself because clearly you’ve over stepped the line and caused great offence, if you don’t realise this you need help to manage self control.

Feeling sad, after all it’s only a forum for all of us to enjoy regardless of differing opinions.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 am

Seems I missed out on something. Sorry to see Derick go by the wayside but understand it would have been a culmination of incident and misadventure. Worth asking what occurred, can't see any evidence of wrongdoing. After all it's just a small corner of the internet with a handful of people sharing the same purpose and objective. There's a virus out there claiming thousands of lives, petty difference of opinion would seem trivial in comparison but as others wish guess we move on.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:55 pm

I also did not see the post but this happens on all forums from time to time it's a shame because we all want the same thing Ipswich winning and i hope that's this Saturday.👍⚽.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Regardless of right or wrong - and I did not see what Derick posted, so am in no position to judge - Derick is a long standing member of this forum, over 13 years I think, and he always had something interesting to say even if he had little control over himself. I, for one, will miss him.

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:06 pm

Will miss his views on footballing issues. Did not always share his views but certainly respected them. I think the word in any post is respect and is key in any walk of life. Disagree with views yes but it must be in a respectful way. I have had the odd scrap with Derick in the past but nothing to offend either person I would hope.

However direct abuse is not necessary, if that’s what happened (I have no reason to doubt the mods decision) then for what’s it worth I support it.

Let’s just hope those who’s views are deemed the ‘minority’ do not refrain from sharing them.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:31 am

Ando wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:06 pm
Will miss his views on footballing issues. Did not always share his views but certainly respected them. I think the word in any post is respect and is key in any walk of life. Disagree with views yes but it must be in a respectful way. I have had the odd scrap with Derick in the past but nothing to offend either person I would hope.

However direct abuse is not necessary, if that’s what happened (I have no reason to doubt the mods decision) then for what’s it worth I support it.

Let’s just hope those who’s views are deemed the ‘minority’ do not refrain from sharing them.

Pretty much echo that. I didn’t see what happened - but I trust Markos judgement as I never saw any animosity between Marko and Derick. And, apart from a few people, Derick was completely fine towards everyone else. In fact, earlier in the thread , Derick and Steve/Jo had a decent conversation where they disagreed, agreed on somethings and agreed to disagree on others. Perfectly fine. It’s a pity, but I guess it became too personal

And Ando’s last point. Agree with that. We shouldn’t be forced into not giving our views because they’re not in line with the majority or the most vocal members.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:26 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a difference of opinion with anyone. Sadly there was a long running undercurrent that wouldn't go away.

I know Frosty removed posts which is fine but I'm gonna clarify something here to stop myself getting more and more wound up the more I read.

I couldn't care less about what anyone says about me or aims at me, its fine and I'll reply in kind, however when somebody verbally abuses and threatens violence towards my son I'm not having it, and that goes for anyone on here or anywhere else. Hopefully that's the last word I need to say on it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:26 am
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a difference of opinion with anyone. Sadly there was a long running undercurrent that wouldn't go away.

I know Frosty removed posts which is fine but I'm gonna clarify something here to stop myself getting more and more wound up the more I read.

I couldn't care less about what anyone says about me or aims at me, its fine and I'll reply in kind, however when somebody verbally abuses and threatens violence towards my son I'm not having it, and that goes for anyone on here or anywhere else. Hopefully that's the last word I need to say on it.
I guess I was one of the few who actually saw Derick's post. Trust me, the verbiage used was way out of order: Direct threats and insults...neither of which should be tolerated. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I was one of the few who objected to Derick getting banned the first time? This is very different. I will also miss Derick's comments, but a line has to be drawn.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:33 pm

Luckily I did not see his post, but based on his previous efforts I have no doubt of the level of abuse. Hopefully that’s an end to it now. I wish him well, I tried nearly a year ago to make peace with him via a pm but he just ignored it. Shame really because all said and done we do actually want the same thing, Town to be successful again!

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:19 am

I did see the post and was horrified by the comments he made.

Several of us have been guilty of pushing the limits on here in the past, but Derek went way beyond the pale and can have no complaint about the ban he was given. A great shame, but we move on.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:14 am

Just going to reiterate and highlight Mike’s post further up here which is to the actual point and tying in with Billy’s post there.

It is ok to push the boundaries within reason and have heated debate over issues like ANY forum, but when the kids get mentioned (no matter what age they are) in relation to meeting up for a “scrap” ——> that’s not on.
But bad timing with the Steven Dobbin thread being aired.

Not a great fan of locking threads, but there are times when the things that NEED to be said have indeed been said, and I think Bluemike has done that here.
Onwards and upwards, c’mon you Blues.