Ipswich Town vs Hull City AFC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will we go against the current League leader?

Town Win
6%
Hull Win
65%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 17

number 9

Re: Ipswich Town vs Hull City AFC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:38 am

Ok I’m trying not to over react. We’re still in the playoffs, and there’s still a lot of football to play. Yes, injuries have certainly been detrimental to our promotion push. While that shouldn’t be an excuse, it’s a fact. However, what is the culture of our club? To concede after 2 mins in such an important match says to me something is inherently wrong with Lambert’s preparation. Why would anyone stick to a 4-3-3 system with so many injuries against the league leaders? It cries incompetence. Win against Charlton and all will temporarily be forgiven. But Lambert please get your head out of your as* and manage the team!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am

That second half was a total fuckfest, Lambert got pretty much everything wrong, its the first time I have really felt pissed off with him, I accept injuries are crippling us by ffs change it up and give it a go, for 30 mins in first half we bossed it, all that was missing was a cutting edge, we had options and did nothing except swap like for like again.

People (not necessarily on here) need to get off Toto's back cus trust me Woolfy is twice as bad. As for judge, Sears and Huws just do one. Totally pissed off today.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:45 am

Didn't catch it, so don't know, but did Lambert make the subs to protect important players considering how many injuries we have already and concede defeat in this one?

Was he at all justified to do that if that's the case? Seems most think no!

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am

People (not necessarily on here) need to get off Toto's back cus trust me Woolfy is twice as bad.
I've always felt it was Chambers playing alongside Woolfy that made him look good. Chambers did the donkey work and covered for him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Exactly, and for what its worth, Chambo and Norwood came out of last night ok, the rest........

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Exactly, and for what its worth, Chambo and Norwood came out of last night ok, the rest........
Agreed. Our best 2 performers by far.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Viewed game action last night but after wondered why you bother. What you can't comprehend is how the team manage to have far more possession than the opposition and still comprehensively beaten. Even stats mention we created more chances although whatever highlights were provided wouldn't appear to confirm it.

One last time the team remains in a very good position to challenge but have doubts the team is really promotion material. You can make excuses or bring to the fore players out through injury but above it all we're not really as good or ambitious as the league standings would suggest. "Concentrate on the league" after every other venture has gone by the wayside could look very shallow by end of year if something doesn't change.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Fans out in force putting up a very large banner at the training ground, PAUL THANKS FOR THE BEERS BUT THE BAR IS CLOSED NOW, in other words, F**k off you useless tw*t, :shock: the team can't play 4 4 2 my arse, :evil: make it work on the training ground you imbecile, yours and your managerial assistants times are running out, lose against Charlton this Saturday and your toast

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Fans out in force lol, probably Two Ash :lol:

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm
Fans out in force lol, probably Two Ash :lol:
And from the same Bubble I hope.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:08 pm

siamese Twins

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:18 pm

NO there were 3 so that's out in force :lol: :lol: shame Lambert didn't get to see it or the players it was taken down by training ground staff in the morning, still, they can always take it to the Charlton game, go round the back of the stadium where the players and manager drive in, and display it there, it was a very well made item.