Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Chance to get back to winning ways?

Ipswich Win
20%
Charlton Win
45%
Draw
35%

Total votes: 20

arana peligrosa

Re: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Missed the game, couldn't get on-line perhaps it were just as well. Just ascertaining information now.

A 2 - 0 defeat, scorers Morgan and Boyle, sounds like a f**king double-act. Guess we're Abbott and Costello or something. Only two games in the league today, didn't realize. Team is still in the play-off zone but in truth we're not very good. Continue like this and any opportunity of promotion is going to slip away by each passing week. Some of the teams above us got a game in hand which doesn't help matters.

You couldn't make it up - looked at possession stats again - we got two thirds of it over the opposition and still beaten and reading up on a sh*t performance. Max Von Sydow couldn't aid the f**king cause, seriously, this is mighty frustrating for want of better words.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:14 pm
Missed the game, couldn't get on-line perhaps it were just as well. Just ascertaining information now.

A 2 - 0 defeat, scorers Morgan and Boyle, sounds like a f**king double-act. Guess we're Abbott and Costello or something. Only two games in the league today, didn't realize. Team is still in the play-off zone but in truth we're not very good. Continue like this and any opportunity of promotion is going to slip away by each passing week. Some of the teams above us got a game in hand which doesn't help matters.

You couldn't make it up - looked at possession stats again - we got two thirds of it over the opposition and still beaten and reading up on a sh*t performance. Max Von Sydow couldn't aid the f**king cause, seriously, this is mighty frustrating for want of better words.
Even worse jude, teams below us have up to 3 games in hand. Could very quickly be down to 10th or 11th.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:45 pm

SECURITY ALERT!

Today was the first time I've used ifollow, and I experienced something very strange on my computer. While watching the game my bank website popped up on a separate browser screen with username and hidden password filled out in the log in fields. I did not use my bank website to purchase the day pass. I used a credit card, thankfully. None the less, it was quite disturbing. I run two security and anti-virus programs on my system, and neither have detected any viruses or firewall intrusions. So far nothing appears to have been breached, so I've changed passwords and ran antivirus scans again. Just wanted to let everyone know. Thanks!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Yeeps, well done for the heads up 9. Hope your bank's defence is more secure than town's and continues to be unbreached. Make sure to report that to the ifollow team.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Roll on the 2nd when 6 can meet up with their LAMBERT OUT Banner at PR.....

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 pm

No Lambert interview, that's interesting

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:52 pm

Current form is shocking, ranked 21st of 24 teams in League One Table based on our last four games played is very poor even considering injuries. To make it worse I’ve now got to send 6 bottles of San Miguel to my son in law in New York.

Whilst I’ll be happy to see the back of Paul Lambert I fear for who ME will bring in next as the further we drop down the rankings the harder it becomes to attract a decent replacement.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 pm
No Lambert interview, that's interesting
Certainly more interesting than his interviews.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm

4-3-3 worked at the start of the season. We had Edwards and Bishop and even Chambers getting in the box in support. The injuries shouldn't prevent that, it just looks like we have changed tactics and are playing deeper. It was then that we looked so much better than last season and I mistakenly believed we would maintain it and have a good season.

Even at that stage we looked ragged at the back. Like last season we kept clean sheets through the opposition's failure rather than our strengths. But if you pressurise the opposition, it eases the pressure on your own defence.

What worried me about today was how often we would get forward and make a bad pass and give the ball away. As a defender or midfielder, how can you support an attack if you think someone will give the ball away and you'll be caught out of position? Lankester again was guilty of this. Bennetts is full of tricks but you know he'll keep running with the ball till he hits a dead end. Judge was more involved, nearly scored with a good header but lots of poor crosses and final balls, as well as blocked shots. Gibbs was out of his depth unfortunately. Woolfenden, as I've said before, is no good without Chambers holding his hand. I thought Chambers, Dozzell, Norwood and Drinan were our only players to come out of it with any credit.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:36 am

Hope you haven't removed my posts that I posted last night.
Very disappointing if you have because my views are genuine and maybe go against the grain of the masses on the issues at Ipswich Town.
They were posted for debate and not to provoke.
I have a genuine like for Ipswich Town as a club and don't like the continuous spiral of decline that is happening at the moment.
Pointless forum if they have been deleted

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:47 am

Your posts were on the Lambert out thread.

What was deleted?

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Nope i posted there too. The one's on here are gone😁😁

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:51 pm

If they were deleted, must’ve been quickly deleted. I was up very late logged into the forum while watching Asian Babe Station and I didn’t see your posts on this thread. Certainly the “get the fk out” thread, but not here.

What was the essence of your posts that were deleted?

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:20 pm

Ach doesnae matter, I can live with it :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Hey Valley Road, blame me for your missing posts although none have intentionally been deleted but may have been moved to the “Lambert get the FK Out” thread”

When I was on the forum last night I became aware that yesterday’s match thread had gone off on a tangent and related more to managerial issues than our game v Charlton. As always these discussions are lost as soon as the next match comes along and for that reason alone I lifted about a dozen posts that had nothing to do with yesterday’s game and everything to do with the manager including about five of your pro McCarthy themed posts that in my opinion fitted better with the “Lambert get the FK out” debate. If you disagree I will move them back.

There shouldn’t be any of your posts missing, let me know if there are and I will try to recover them, it certainly wasn’t my intention to delete any posts and if I did it was a complete accident.

I hope this clears up the mystery.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Failing that they could be in the spam folder

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 pm

:lol: