LAMBERT, GET THE FK OUT.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

Re: LAMBERT, GET THE FK OUT.

Post by barmy billy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:38 am

Or lower.

I think your earlier comment about League 2 may come into people's minds sooner rather than later, unless Lambert walks or is sacked.

Who to replace him? God knows, but something needs doing.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 am

Honestly I despair sometimes of the sense of entitlement amongst some football fans. Of course it's frustrating to lose against both Hull and Charlton and no fans would have wanted that, and a couple of earlier games were disappointing also (Doncaster) but doesn't anyone else see the correlation between our recent results and our injury list? We are a league 1 side with a pretty good squad depth but with all these midfielders out what does anyone expect to happen? Especially against top 6 sides. We played Hull at the worst possible time. I think with a full strength side we would have given them a very good game because they were not great, even as it was we were not really 3-0 bad.

Gibbs & McGavin have not let themselves down but nobody could claim that they are good enough for this level. Ordinarily we would be hailing loan deals for them to get experience in League 2 as astute thinking. Remember that earlier in the season when we were making it look easy our MF trio was getting forwards and scoring for fun. This requires experienced and capable players not kids who are finding their feet, we shouldn't expect them to be brave enough or street smart enough to calculate and take the risks needed to get into the box and score. They are just doing well to keep possession and find some occasional good forward passes.

For goodness sake we are in the top six and competing strongly for promotion, maybe if we had not got all these injuries we would be out of sight by now, who knows?

All this talk of switching formation mid game to 442 mystifies me also. With our young midfield do we imagine that they have the experience to just change formation mid game like that? We have implemented the 433 system throughout the club from top to bottom, a decision which was lauded at the time, now is not the time to hit the panic button. Players need to learn. Wolfenden has been poor in recent games for example and personally been responsible for a number of the goals we have conceded in the last 2. If he is our future then he has to learn from this, understand what he got wrong and be better. Right now McGavin is getting a few games, if he is the future and 433 is the future (it is) then he will be growing from this experience. Let's support this in the longer term, over the season, even if better players will come back we will need them all again, just hopefully not all at the same time.

Right now we can't get to games so it's reasonable to debate strongly the situation as we are but maybe right now the team is better off without the toxic atmosphere that might have been over this last week at PR. I don't know what the prognosis is for players like Nolan, Edwards, KVY, Bishop right now but we need them back and will see a difference when they return. Until then we need to keep getting the results against the likes of Oxford & Plymouth as we did against Shrewsbury. If we can stay in the top 6-8 until the new year and have players already coming back then we can hope for a strong second half to the season and a different conversation come the spring in my opinion.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:10 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 am
Honestly I despair sometimes of the sense of entitlement amongst some football fans. Of course it's frustrating to lose against both Hull and Charlton and no fans would have wanted that, and a couple of earlier games were disappointing also (Doncaster) but doesn't anyone else see the correlation between our recent results and our injury list? We are a league 1 side with a pretty good squad depth but with all these midfielders out what does anyone expect to happen? Especially against top 6 sides. We played Hull at the worst possible time. I think with a full strength side we would have given them a very good game because they were not great, even as it was we were not really 3-0 bad.

Gibbs & McGavin have not let themselves down but nobody could claim that they are good enough for this level. Ordinarily we would be hailing loan deals for them to get experience in League 2 as astute thinking. Remember that earlier in the season when we were making it look easy our MF trio was getting forwards and scoring for fun. This requires experienced and capable players not kids who are finding their feet, we shouldn't expect them to be brave enough or street smart enough to calculate and take the risks needed to get into the box and score. They are just doing well to keep possession and find some occasional good forward passes.

For goodness sake we are in the top six and competing strongly for promotion, maybe if we had not got all these injuries we would be out of sight by now, who knows?

All this talk of switching formation mid game to 442 mystifies me also. With our young midfield do we imagine that they have the experience to just change formation mid game like that? We have implemented the 433 system throughout the club from top to bottom, a decision which was lauded at the time, now is not the time to hit the panic button. Players need to learn. Wolfenden has been poor in recent games for example and personally been responsible for a number of the goals we have conceded in the last 2. If he is our future then he has to learn from this, understand what he got wrong and be better. Right now McGavin is getting a few games, if he is the future and 433 is the future (it is) then he will be growing from this experience. Let's support this in the longer term, over the season, even if better players will come back we will need them all again, just hopefully not all at the same time.

Right now we can't get to games so it's reasonable to debate strongly the situation as we are but maybe right now the team is better off without the toxic atmosphere that might have been over this last week at PR. I don't know what the prognosis is for players like Nolan, Edwards, KVY, Bishop right now but we need them back and will see a difference when they return. Until then we need to keep getting the results against the likes of Oxford & Plymouth as we did against Shrewsbury. If we can stay in the top 6-8 until the new year and have players already coming back then we can hope for a strong second half to the season and a different conversation come the spring in my opinion.
The problem I have with the above post is that it's pure conjecture and supposition.

We are where we are - we've lost 7 of our last 10 games, and once the teams below us have played their games in hand we will be lucky if we are any higher than mid-table. Wake up and smell the coffee. And stop banging on about how unlucky we are with injuries - anybody can see that it's not just down to bad luck.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:17 am

Dubai Blue wrote:

The injury list is horrendous, but this has not just happened over the last couple of games. We’ve lost 7 out of our last 10 in all competitions and won just 3 - and that’s when the injury situation was manageable. Those 3 we won against Gillingham, Crewe and Shrewsbury are noteworthy- we really struggled to beat all 3 by a single goal. We were poor against poor sides and just stumbled over the. line. The football has been pedestrian and predictable and teams have worked us out since the start of the season. Just like last season.

If we get Edwards and Bishop back we’ll be better, but that’s due to their individual abilities to do something special - and not really anything to do with how we’re set up and the kind of football we play. There’s no guarantee that these players will be fit through the season and who will be next to pick up an injury? We’ve been here before - last season players were rotated to keep them fresh throughout the season but we got progressively worse. Lost our last 4 games before COVID hit, so I wouldn’t expect a strong second half of the season with a team full of fit players. After 2 years of Lambert we don’t really look like we’re progressing at all.

I’m pleased that Lambert had adopted a preferred system ie 4-3-3 as opposed to changing every week, but saying we can’t play any other way was dumb. Why even say that? He’s making a rod for his own back. Too many unnecessary stupid comments which makes me thinks he’s had enough and wants to get sacked and paid up.

You can’t get around the injuries. It’s not normal, but I’m not sure Lambert can get a fully-fit squad playing consistently well and dominating teams. He hasn’t done that in 2 years - so why now?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am

Thank you Dubai Blue for that positive reality check, it certainly gives some valid points.
I think a lot of our fans, i include myself with that, fear this season is becoming a case of deja vu! Perhaps the last 16 or so years have been like some cruel ground hog day! :lol: .
I will take your positives, but without detracting from the valid points/concerns offered by others on here. I have not watched these last 2 defeats, but had seen a few others games. What has been obvious to me is that both Edwards and Bishop are the only two midfielders who have excited me regularly when we attack and i will actually add Chambers to that equation, and say thank god we didn't take the advice of many fans on social media that he should be only a bit-part player this season. Take those 2 midfielders out of the team (along with Downes and Dozzell, who offer differing styles) then i think our midfield looks bang-on ordinary, which with the 'experience' of Judge and Huws, should never be the case. We need more attacking flair, and having two of our own available, in El Mizouni (on loan, i know) and Dobra would certainly add to that.
Paul Lambert does infuriate me at times, especially with his post match analysis and certainly does not help himself with, what to us looks like, some strange substitutions and a perceived inability to change his approach to or during matches. Sadly, he looks close to joining that long list of failed managers under ME and i have to start to question why?
I want to look at this more from a 'devil's advocate point of view, but because we have a big squad and a perceived decent academy production line, is our squad actually as good as we think it is? Have we just appointed managers too poor to be able to improve us? Are our managers just making the best of what we have got? Afterall you can't make a silk shirt from a tough old bit of leather! To my analogy there, i do wonder if McCarthy was the wiley one who "cut his cloth according to the materials he had got" and for all his many faults, i don't recall us seeing any quality exciting loan players come here since he left (Williams, Fraser, Lawrence, Celina come to mind), nor have we had a striker as accomplished as Martyn Waghorn, who fitted in perfectly with the MM work ethos. I know the past is the past, Mick generally had a turgid style of play, was beligerent and yes, in the end, had to go. For me personally, a lot of what i see now is very little improvement on those days, in some respects worse. Yes, with, as DB said, a bigger pool of fit and key players, i have seen glimpses of a fairly decent team ( i think Sunderland post-30th minute, Pompey 2nd half), so while i could oh so easily echo Marko's opening post when frustrated with everything ITFC, i am going to try to cut PL some slack in the hope that we can get some key players back and start playing better.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:10 am

In my opinion the vast majority of the damage we are now seeing evidence of took root in the McCarthy era.

His ability to get results hid the growing problems within the club and the club was able to slowly disintegrate out of sight. His reluctance to challenge the owner allowed Evans to drastically under fund and strangle the first team at a time when clubs had to run at a loss to maintain their league position. McCarthy jumped ship when he was no longer able to get away with his woeful ethos, which was successful at avoiding a relegation, but absolutely nothing else.

Evans is the problem, he always has been, there will be no success until he either completely changes tack (won't happen), or miraculously finds someone willing to buy and fund the club.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:42 am

Well who next ?
Heckingbottom ?
That's where its going next.
Constant cycle of abuse of good football managers, no time, no patience, no genuine appraisal of the issues at the club, unrealistic expectations and desire for quick fix. Living on past glories.
Lambert will walk as he won't tolerate the abuse.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:45 am

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:10 am
In my opinion the vast majority of the damage we are now seeing evidence of took root in the McCarthy era.

His ability to get results hid the growing problems within the club and the club was able to slowly disintegrate out of sight. His reluctance to challenge the owner allowed Evans to drastically under fund and strangle the first team at a time when clubs had to run at a loss to maintain their league position. McCarthy jumped ship when he was no longer able to get away with his woeful ethos, which was successful at avoiding a relegation, but absolutely nothing else.

Evans is the problem, he always has been, there will be no success until he either completely changes tack (won't happen), or miraculously finds someone willing to buy and fund the club.
Quite incredible post. McCarthy jumped ship ? I mean you really seriously need to have a think.
McCarthy did a quite amazing job at the club.
Evans doesn't have the resources to invest or is reluctant to do so.
Until that changes or Ipswich get new owners, the reality is that very little is going to change.
Unless the club appoints the 1 in a hundred manager that does an Eddie Howe type job
Last edited by valleyroad on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:47 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am
Thank you Dubai Blue for that positive reality check, it certainly gives some valid points.
I think a lot of our fans, i include myself with that, fear this season is becoming a case of deja vu! Perhaps the last 16 or so years have been like some cruel ground hog day! :lol: .
I will take your positives, but without detracting from the valid points/concerns offered by others on here. I have not watched these last 2 defeats, but had seen a few others games. What has been obvious to me is that both Edwards and Bishop are the only two midfielders who have excited me regularly when we attack and i will actually add Chambers to that equation, and say thank god we didn't take the advice of many fans on social media that he should be only a bit-part player this season. Take those 2 midfielders out of the team (along with Downes and Dozzell, who offer differing styles) then i think our midfield looks bang-on ordinary, which with the 'experience' of Judge and Huws, should never be the case. We need more attacking flair, and having two of our own available, in El Mizouni (on loan, i know) and Dobra would certainly add to that.
Paul Lambert does infuriate me at times, especially with his post match analysis and certainly does not help himself with, what to us looks like, some strange substitutions and a perceived inability to change his approach to or during matches. Sadly, he looks close to joining that long list of failed managers under ME and i have to start to question why?
I want to look at this more from a 'devil's advocate point of view, but because we have a big squad and a perceived decent academy production line, is our squad actually as good as we think it is? Have we just appointed managers too poor to be able to improve us? Are our managers just making the best of what we have got? Afterall you can't make a silk shirt from a tough old bit of leather! To my analogy there, i do wonder if McCarthy was the wiley one who "cut his cloth according to the materials he had got" and for all his many faults, i don't recall us seeing any quality exciting loan players come here since he left (Williams, Fraser, Lawrence, Celina come to mind), nor have we had a striker as accomplished as Martyn Waghorn, who fitted in perfectly with the MM work ethos. I know the past is the past, Mick generally had a turgid style of play, was beligerent and yes, in the end, had to go. For me personally, a lot of what i see now is very little improvement on those days, in some respects worse. Yes, with, as DB said, a bigger pool of fit and key players, i have seen glimpses of a fairly decent team ( i think Sunderland post-30th minute, Pompey 2nd half), so while i could oh so easily echo Marko's opening post when frustrated with everything ITFC, i am going to try to cut PL some slack in the hope that we can get some key players back and start playing better.
Mark, you might cut Lambert some slack- but there appears to be a massive feeling at the moment from the fanbase and local media of ‘when’ and not ‘if’. He seems a dead man walking. I just can’t see him reversing the tide of bad feeling against him. If he does manage to claw it back - then it would be a great achievement. I just can’t see it happening, though. Not even winning against Oxford and Plymouth would calm things down - the knives are just waiting for the next bad performance.
And you talk of ‘hope’ of getting players back and playing better. I think for a club that really needs to get out of this division and has one of the biggest funded squads for this division - we can’t rely on just hope.
Last edited by Tangfastic on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:10 am
Dubai Blue wrote:

The problem I have with the above post is that it's pure conjecture and supposition.

We are where we are - we've lost 7 of our last 10 games, and once the teams below us have played their games in hand we will be lucky if we are any higher than mid-table. Wake up and smell the coffee. And stop banging on about how unlucky we are with injuries - anybody can see that it's not just down to bad luck.
Or maybe the post is a reality check for you and your struggling with it?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:20 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:10 am

I agree with this. I’ve said before how MM merely papered over the cracks. He was on a healthy £1m a season salary and was happy to just sit and put a team out that was “ hard to beat”, often sticking 10 men behind the ball playing tippy tally passing in our own half before the inevitable hoof up to the loan striker. Absolutely dire to and mind numbing to watch. McCarthy actually “ built” nothing at this Club in his 5-6 years here. He did have funds despite the view by some that he didn’t. He just chose to use those funds on journeyman on big lucrative contracts. Huws being just one example.

Managers don’t like their judgement being challenged, especially by fans and will understandably become defensive. In MM’s case it unfortunately went in to be acrimonious. Lambert is now in danger of going down that same route. Fans tend to challenge things usually after a long period of what they perceive to be poor decisions. But with Town fans we’ve had close to 20yrs of utter tripe to put up with. I don’t think the latest manager is going to fair any different from his predecessors, it’s just a matter of time for Evans to pull the trigger ( again).

Evans IS undoubtably the main problem. But as I’ve said many times before. He did actually keep this Club afloat, but is either now unwilling, unable (or both) to continue to fund the Club to he required level. I think he’s lost interest ( a long time ago ), but hasn’t received the offer he’s willing to accept, for the Club, so we are stuck with each other.

Town are not the only Club to be suffering a downward spiral into today’s modern, Sky owned, game. We won’t be the last,
( Derby look finally to be the next Club to suffer massive financial implications if and when they get relegated.it been coming for several seasons IMO).

So the thoughts that Evans is the “ main problem” remains IMo correct. The problem is , we can’t get rid of him and no amount of shouting, screaming get out etc etc is going to change that fact until HE decides to sell up. But to coin the phrase bandied about by McCarthy supporters, “ be careful what you wish for”!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:21 pm

1) Quote: Competing strongly for promotion 🤷‍♂️

2) Quote: If 433 is the future (it is) 🤷‍♂️

Competing strongly for absolutely fk all.

433 needs to be the future? WHIT? 🤷‍♂️

Do love 99.9% of your posts, Dubai....... but those two comments singled out from a rather desperate larger post make no sense at all.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:30 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:47 am

Mark, you might cut Lambert some slack- but there appears to be a massive feeling at the moment from the fanbase and local media of ‘when’ and not ‘if’. He seems a dead man walking. I just can’t see him reversing the tide of bad feeling against him. If he does manage to claw it back - then it would be a great achievement. I just can’t see it happening, though. Not even winning against Oxford and Plymouth would calm things down - the knives are just waiting for the next bad performance.
And you talk of ‘hope’ of getting players back and playing better. I think for a club that really needs to get out of this division and has one of the biggest funded squads for this division - we can’t rely on just hope.
Like you say " the knives are out" . Many media platforms i just do not listen to, full of knee-jerk reactionary keyboard warriors. However, when the likes of BlueMike (and others on here) start to express the same opinions, i tend to listen as, like myself, they have always supported managers beyond many others' thresholds. Also when the professionals start to speak out, that is time to listen. Newspapers, while giving many wonderful stories and insights, are not adverse to sticking the boot in more than needed (i recall the "players missing from the photoshoot" earlier this season as a pointin case). Before i get shot down in flames here, i will add that everyone is entitled to their opinion and nobody has the right to feel that their opinion is any more or less valid than anybody elses, i just wanted to express the sources that i tend to listen to or read. If that is called wearing Blue-tinted glasses, then i will wear that hat!

Of course i strongly believe that PL will either walk or be pushed long before this season's end. A view i have expressed amongst non-ITFC supporting acquaintances (mostly Norwich supporters) that i know. I find it very very sad looking at what has become of ITFC, as we all do no doubt. Like everyone else, i long for a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, without the fear that it is a 200 tonne freight train hurtling towards us! Sadly with this club it seems we are damned whatever we do.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Plenty of good points above and a pleasure to read all of these opinions. Obviously it's impossible to agree with them all :D

Probably there are some points that I made that could be challenged and I'm not any kind of expert but I think they its important to understand that we are not 'better than league 1' and this concept is a dubious one in sport anyway. I've played a number of different sports (not including football btw) at a reasonable level and it always frustrates me how there is a tendency to play down to the level of your opponent/s when they are perceived as not being as good as you. The only way to struggle through this is to have a plan and stick to it, hence the 433.

I don't usually discuss ME because I really don't feel I have enough info to have a useful opinion but I think its misleading to claim that the club is underfunded. We have issues with the new Covid salary cap precisely because we are funded well above the average. What we do have is a number of probably quite expensive players who perhaps are not reflecting their salaries in their play (I'm thinking Judge & Huws here). The manager is sticking with them because he needs to have experience on the pitch when we have so much youth elsewhere.

Someone mentioned El Mizouni & Dobra but are they better than Bennetts? Maybe about the same?

Finally, if we beat Oxford & Plymouth I am sure that the conversation will not be the same. Nobody is winning all their games right now (except maybe Hull) and the league is very unpredictable. 6 points in those 2 games and we will probably be up a couple of places. Let's hold our nerve, a massive change now is in my opinion the best way to ensure a move down the table.
Last edited by Dubai Blue on Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:20 pm
playing tippy tally passing in our own half before the inevitable hoof up to the loan striker. Absolutely dire to and mind numbing to watch.
Pretty sure i have seen something fairly similar to that style of play very recently. Hmm, now let me think where.....? :wink: :lol:

For the record Liz, agree with most of your points and that bit above was more my attempt of injecting some humour, rather than meant to be derogatory to your comments. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:44 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:39 pm
hallamblue wrote:
playing tippy tally passing in our own half before the inevitable hoof up to the loan striker. Absolutely dire to and mind numbing to watch.
Pretty sure i have seen something fairly similar to that style of play very recently. Hmm, now let me think where.....? :wink: :lol:

For the record Liz, agree with most of your points and that bit above was more my attempt of injecting some humour, rather than meant to be derogatory to your comments. :wink:
Quit the Devils Advocate pish, Azz....... get ripped into her....... she’s made of strong stuff!!! ———-> Tippy Tally, Hallam? WHAT? Surely its Tippy Tappy getting all tippity Tappety Tap! No?

(Cue Airplane! quote)

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:45 pm
That’s it. No more needs said.
Populism gets you nowhere in the end

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:01 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 pm
marko69 wrote:
ANY new manager might though. No names. That’s not my job.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:07 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:45 am
Quite incredible post.
Thank you very much, I mean... I think incredible is a bit much, but I'll accept your kind words.
valleyroad wrote:
McCarthy jumped ship?
McCarthy stayed in charge because he was getting paid, end of. He could have bitten his tongue and chosen not to get involved with the fans, but by that point was getting fed up with everything and could see the club were only going backwards, therefore he made his position untenable, he in essence jumped ship with a nice layoff too no doubt.
valleyroad wrote:
McCarthy did a quite amazing job at the club.
I didn't say he didn't, I actually said his ability to get results is what masked the worsening issues at the club.
valleyroad wrote:
Evans doesn't have the resources to invest or is reluctant to do so.
That's starting to sound a bit like my post.
valleyroad wrote:
Until that changes or Ipswich get new owners, the reality is that very little is going to change.
Well now you're pretty much agreeing with me verbatim. No wonder you thought my post was incredible!

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:15 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:01 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 pm
marko69 wrote:
ANY new manager might though. No names. That’s not my job.
Heckingbottom will be in the running ??

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:07 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Quite incredible post.
Thank you very much, I mean... I think incredible is a bit much, but I'll accept your kind words.
valleyroad wrote:
McCarthy jumped ship?
McCarthy stayed in charge because he was getting paid, end of. He could have bitten his tongue and chosen not to get involved with the fans, but by that point was getting fed up with everything and could see the club were only going backwards, therefore he made his position untenable, he in essence jumped ship with a nice layoff too no doubt.
This is the bit I think is nonsense but its opinions.
Your right though you don't write incredible posts :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Heckingbottom will be in the running ??
Ok, you’re just trying to scare people now.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:06 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:44 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Quit the Devils Advocate pish, Azz....... get ripped into her....... she’s made of strong stuff!!! ———-> Tippy Tally, Hallam? WHAT? Surely its Tippy Tappy getting all tippity Tappety Tap! No?

(Cue Airplane! quote)
Marko, I have done some pretty stupid, totally out of character things in my time; Being in the middle of Norwich supporters in the old segregated. North stand with my hand jamming my Town scarf into my coat pocket/meeting up with former work mates in a home fans pub in Beeston, close to Elland Rd prior to us playing Leeds, where my accent could have got me a severe kicking. Finding myself sitting next to a brick shithouse of a guy in a home stand at Carrow Road (little did i know that he was also going to turn out to be a blue too). Now you're asking me to rip into Hallam. Seriously, i'm not that brave mate! :wink: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:17 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol I DID mean “ tippy tappy” ha ha ...blooming IT gremlin at it again. ( personally I think it’s marko up to mischief again).

Strangely enough when I posted that bit about tippy tappy footie, I nearly put in the bit ( just like under PL now ) but the difference being there is no hoooof at the end of it. Ha ha !
Last edited by hallamblue on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:19 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:06 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:44 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:

(Cue Airplane! quote)
Marko, I have done some pretty stupid, totally out of character things in my time; Being in the middle of Norwich supporters in the old segregated. North stand with my hand jamming my Town scarf into my coat pocket/meeting up with former work mates in a home fans pub in Beeston, close to Elland Rd prior to us playing Leeds, where my accent could have got me a severe kicking. Finding myself sitting next to a brick shithouse of a guy in a home stand at Carrow Road (little did i know that he was also going to turn out to be a blue too). Now you're asking me to rip into Hallam. Seriously, i'm not that brave mate! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Ya big 🐔 :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Lust under PL? :shock:

It's flippin Sunday for goodness sake! Please, none of that.

Tomorrow though, post all these videos on the other forum area.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:23 pm

AHHHHHH, you corrected it :lol: :lol: :lol:

High 5, Hallam! You're a great sport. xxx

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Ha ha ..... :lol:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Going by Lambo's post-game video comments to me his face :shock: looked for all the world he's got his nuts dangling in a vice waiting for the inevitable squeeze, tears of fear in his sad eyes like a dead man walking, lose against Oxford and Plymouth which to me is now a big possibility as the rot has set in, Oxford Utd are playing better now, as are The Pilgrims, also it's a bloody 500 mile round trip so if they do come away with results from these two games which is doubtful going on current form, I will be happy.

As for ME, if this Covid sh*t keeps going until Easter with little or no fans allowed in, and his ticket touting business empire is losing money hand over fist, I can see him calling time on his ownership of Ipswich and calling in the administrators to try and find a new owner albeit at a vastly at a reduced price, maybe time for a fans buyout like Pompey did ???,

But it's only my opinion that if the results don't get better by January, Lambert will be gone one way or another