LAMBERT, GET THE FK OUT.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: LAMBERT, GET THE FK OUT.

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm
As for ME, if this Covid sh*t keeps going until Easter with little or no fans allowed in, and his ticket touting business empire is losing money hand over fist, I can see him calling time on his ownership of Ipswich and calling in the administrators to try and find a new owner albeit at a vastly at a reduced price, maybe time for a fans buyout like Pompey did ???
First part in bold + Second part in bold = No chance.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm
As for ME, if this Covid sh*t keeps going until Easter with little or no fans allowed in, and his ticket touting business empire is losing money hand over fist, I can see him calling time on his ownership of Ipswich and calling in the administrators to try and find a new owner albeit at a vastly at a reduced price, maybe time for a fans buyout like Pompey did ???
First part in bold + Second part in bold = No chance.
MARKO They don't call me Mystic Ash for nothing, I have predicted many things that just happen to come true, :shock: watch this space :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Seen you called a few things on here, Ash....... not recalling “mystic” though!

:D Joking! Elbow hand shake......

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 pm

I see Sunderland have sacked Phil Parkinson after just over a year in charge, take note Marcus.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:58 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 pm
I see Sunderland have sacked Phil Parkinson after just over a year in charge, take note Marcus.
It’s becoming a regular occurrence at Sunderland isn’t it? Soon it’ll be an official day.
“Manager Sacking Day”.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:58 am

Don't think it's a good idea to approach Sunderland for managers. Keane and McCarthy both came from there at one time or another and the rest is history. Did a bit of digging, Paul Lambert is 25 /1 for the post there. Took time to look at the managerial opportunities available from those fired from position and you got names like Gary Monk, John Sheridan and Graham Alexander. I'd give any one a go over Lambert right now but you got to realize the manager would appear to be going nowhere at least in terms of this season. Johnson from Bristol City is another name out of work right now, did some good for them a while back but don't think many would take to that appointment.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:55 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 am
rossi wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:10 am
Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 am
Honestly I despair sometimes of the sense of entitlement amongst some football fans. Of course it's frustrating to lose against both Hull and Charlton and no fans would have wanted that, and a couple of earlier games were disappointing also (Doncaster) but doesn't anyone else see the correlation between our recent results and our injury list? We are a league 1 side with a pretty good squad depth but with all these midfielders out what does anyone expect to happen? Especially against top 6 sides. We played Hull at the worst possible time. I think with a full strength side we would have given them a very good game because they were not great, even as it was we were not really 3-0 bad.

Gibbs & McGavin have not let themselves down but nobody could claim that they are good enough for this level. Ordinarily we would be hailing loan deals for them to get experience in League 2 as astute thinking. Remember that earlier in the season when we were making it look easy our MF trio was getting forwards and scoring for fun. This requires experienced and capable players not kids who are finding their feet, we shouldn't expect them to be brave enough or street smart enough to calculate and take the risks needed to get into the box and score. They are just doing well to keep possession and find some occasional good forward passes.

For goodness sake we are in the top six and competing strongly for promotion, maybe if we had not got all these injuries we would be out of sight by now, who knows?

All this talk of switching formation mid game to 442 mystifies me also. With our young midfield do we imagine that they have the experience to just change formation mid game like that? We have implemented the 433 system throughout the club from top to bottom, a decision which was lauded at the time, now is not the time to hit the panic button. Players need to learn. Wolfenden has been poor in recent games for example and personally been responsible for a number of the goals we have conceded in the last 2. If he is our future then he has to learn from this, understand what he got wrong and be better. Right now McGavin is getting a few games, if he is the future and 433 is the future (it is) then he will be growing from this experience. Let's support this in the longer term, over the season, even if better players will come back we will need them all again, just hopefully not all at the same time.

Right now we can't get to games so it's reasonable to debate strongly the situation as we are but maybe right now the team is better off without the toxic atmosphere that might have been over this last week at PR. I don't know what the prognosis is for players like Nolan, Edwards, KVY, Bishop right now but we need them back and will see a difference when they return. Until then we need to keep getting the results against the likes of Oxford & Plymouth as we did against Shrewsbury. If we can stay in the top 6-8 until the new year and have players already coming back then we can hope for a strong second half to the season and a different conversation come the spring in my opinion.
The problem I have with the above post is that it's pure conjecture and supposition.

We are where we are - we've lost 7 of our last 10 games, and once the teams below us have played their games in hand we will be lucky if we are any higher than mid-table. Wake up and smell the coffee. And stop banging on about how unlucky we are with injuries - anybody can see that it's not just down to bad luck.
Or maybe the post is a reality check for you and your struggling with it?
No I don't think so. The only thing I struggle with is ignorance - 'nuff said