Oxford United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Really need a win huh?

Oxford Win
62%
Ipswich Win
31%
Draw
8%

Total votes: 13

hallamblue

Re: Oxford United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:17 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:28 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 pm
Picked up last few minutes, I actually think in a proper football team Dozzell would be world class
Unfortunately, I suspect we'll be bidding him farewell at the end of this season.

Isn't his contract up? With his talent, there's no way I'd be signing another if we stay in League 1.
It Might even happen in the Jan window the way things are going.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:17 pm
BlueBalls wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:28 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 pm
Picked up last few minutes, I actually think in a proper football team Dozzell would be world class
Unfortunately, I suspect we'll be bidding him farewell at the end of this season.

Isn't his contract up? With his talent, there's no way I'd be signing another if we stay in League 1.
It Might even happen in the Jan window the way things are going.
As much as I'd hate to see him go, it would probably make good business sense to start considering offers. I'm sure there's a lot of chatter that goes on between agents and owners before an active transfer window. I'm even feeling a bit sorry for Downes now because it's quite apparent he has no credible future at Ipswich Town. Why would any talented professional want to stay at a club with an imposing salary cap and no sign of improvement toward promotion?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Might as well add in Bishop and Edwards. Out of contract at the end of the season. And if we’re still in League One, clubs will try and get Woolf, Downes, etc on the cheap who might play at a higher level. We’ll be left with the dregs. Might be forced to give someone like Judge, Sears a new contract just to hold onto a squad. We need to get out of League One.... simple.