The Guardian article today .....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

The Guardian article today .....

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Says it how it is at this Club now , and seeing it in black and white from an impartial source really goes bring it home .

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... id-decline

Andym

Re: The Guardian article today .....

Post by Andym » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:14 pm

Grim reading.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:35 pm

Ah well thats him gone in about 3 weeks then

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:49 pm

A lot to take in with one visit, it needs 100 per cent focus when time permits itself but been with it long enough to see how the land lies. It's all too easy to castigate the line of managers that have tried and failed since Evans took over back in 2007 or whenever it were but arguably the problem has been the owner's fault nearly (or as much) as the names that were appointed. What I'd give for a Cobbold right now to come in and address the wrongs of the club and attempt a salvage operation.

Bottom line is Lambert most likely won't be leaving here any time soon irrespective of results and performance. Evans is too often stubborn in his ways about doing the right thing. The authority within the club will allow time for Lambert to find his feet and attempt (or succeed) any projected promotion bid but you can see ahead of time this isn't going to work. Mistakes were made and will be allowed to continue to do so, not always easy to find the right words but it comes from the heart. Would like Lambert to quit no doubt about it.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Its fake news, bloody negative media and fans!!

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Ghost club in rapid decline?

Post by Frosty » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:39 pm

It certainly sums up recent thinking across the message boards mate

verulam

Post by verulam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:40 pm

This article is a chillingly accurate summary of where the Club is right now. My first match was back at the start of the 1962/63 season so I've experienced a fair range of ups and downs since then. But the Club has always had a sense of purpose about it and had the benefit of people in the Board Room who did the right things at the right time.
This season I have sat through several matches on I follow where the team appears to have been told that the aim of the game is to spend as much time as possible shuffling the ball from side to side in your own half. God, it's been tedious. Do I have an answer? Sadly "no". I just hope that there is someone or group of people out there who can turn it round.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:25 am

What a sad state of affairs for our once great football club. Even more of a worry is thinking about when this decline will come to an end. ☹️😢😥

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:10 am

If we don't go up this season it will never come to an end and that is why I have completely gone against Lambert and everything he stands for, he's lost the fans so there's no alternative now.

I am usually the last to turn on a manager but this is beyond serious now and failure to act will without question signal the total demise of our once great club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:13 am

^^^ 100% agree ^^^