The mighty Luton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

The mighty Luton

Post by Andym » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:24 pm

Just so pleased my old team stuffed Norwich tonight. My biggest disappointment is that I was in a Zoom meeting and couldn't watch it.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13152
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:26 am

Their first win in five games as well.

Up the Hatters 🎩👍😄

hallamblue
Posts: 25340
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:32 pm

C'Maaarn ewe 'Aaaaatters !!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18678
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 pm

Accidentally opened this thread on iPhone with fat fingers. Didn’t mean to.

Oh well, seeing as I’m here...... F UCK the hatters. While Ipswich continue to disappoint, can’t muster up the enthusiasm for the shitehole that is Luton.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18678
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Feel bad. Shouldn’t ever lie. Intentionally opened the thread to say F UCK the hatters.
Sorry.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by Andym » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm
Feel bad. Shouldn’t ever lie. Intentionally opened the thread to say F UCK the hatters.
Sorry.
😂😂😂
Lived there for 18 years and loved it there.

Just shows how wrong you can be. Wouldn't want to go back.....But it's nearly 50 years since I left.

Having said that I have friends living in Ipswich who are desperate to move, they don't feel safe.

hallamblue
Posts: 25340
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm
Feel bad. Shouldn’t ever lie. Intentionally opened the thread to say F UCK the hatters.
Sorry.
:lol: :lol: At least you’re honest ...eventually!

hallamblue
Posts: 25340
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm
Feel bad. Shouldn’t ever lie. Intentionally opened the thread to say F UCK the hatters.
Sorry.
😂😂😂
Lived there for 18 years and loved it there.

Just shows how wrong you can be. Wouldn't want to go back.....But it's nearly 50 years since I left.

Having said that I have friends living in Ipswich who are desperate to move, they don't feel safe.
I think when me n Mike went there to watch Town in an evening game ( God knows why !!), we likened Luton to being Beirut on Speed.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13152
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm
Feel bad. Shouldn’t ever lie. Intentionally opened the thread to say F UCK the hatters.
Sorry.
😂😂😂
Lived there for 18 years and loved it there.

Just shows how wrong you can be. Wouldn't want to go back.....But it's nearly 50 years since I left.

Having said that I have friends living in Ipswich who are desperate to move, they don't feel safe.

I’m no crime guru but I’d be absolutely amazed if Luton doesn’t have significantly higher crime rates than Ipswich. In fact having just checked Ipswich is a significantly safer place to live than Luton. It just shows how much places can change especially over 50 years. Hopefully your friends won’t be thinking about moving to Luton anytime soon.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by Andym » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 pm
Andym wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm
Feel bad. Shouldn’t ever lie. Intentionally opened the thread to say F UCK the hatters.
Sorry.
😂😂😂
Lived there for 18 years and loved it there.

Just shows how wrong you can be. Wouldn't want to go back.....But it's nearly 50 years since I left.

Having said that I have friends living in Ipswich who are desperate to move, they don't feel safe.

I’m no crime guru but I’d be absolutely amazed if Luton doesn’t have significantly higher crime rates than Ipswich. In fact having just checked Ipswich is a significantly safer place to live than Luton. It just shows how much places can change especially over 50 years. Hopefully your friends won’t be thinking about moving to Luton anytime soon.
Agreed. I certainly wouldn't move back.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22613
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Ipswich is far from safe, in fact it's a sh*t hole, however Luton is on another level from what I saw.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18678
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 pm

But don’t be too despondent, AndyM....... it’s not Dundee.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13152
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: The mighty Luton

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:31 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 pm
But don’t be too despondent, AndyM....... it’s not Dundee.

..... no it’s far worse than that.

Post Reply