Posh game off !!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Posh game off !!!

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:13 pm

The dreaded covid has hit Posh.

Andym

Re: Posh game off !!!

Post by Andym » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Perhaps we can play them when we have a few more players available. Or, knowing our injury record, fewer players available.

Probably no bad thing at the moment anyway.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Good. Better than ruining my weekend with a hammering.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Hopefully it will suit us in the long run.👍 We will just have to wait longer to beat a top six side.😂

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:45 pm

How will this affect the prediction league?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:53 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:45 pm
I’ve already predicted the game would be called off so I get full points.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:38 pm
Good. Better than ruining my weekend with a hammering.
Could not agree more. Just couldn't see anything other than a comprehensive, possibly embarrassing, win for Posh.
At least we might have a stronger squad available for the rescheduled match, who knows, we might be on a winning run by then! :wink: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Was just thinking, it’s not Posh’s best striker out with CoVid is it by any chance.. ?

When Jackson had it , I don’t recall Town having to cancel games, or for the squad to go into self isolation. Are Posh pulling a fast one here?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Can only assume when Jackson had it, he hadn’t been at training ? Maybe an international week?
Because the law has essentially been the same throughout ——> if Jackson had it at training mixing with other players, then Ipswich games should’ve likewise been cancelled.

Don’t think anyone can pull fast ones with the Covid. If the BBC is to be believed, this season won’t last, never mind just one game.

I got one prediction league question correct along witn Tang....... no ipswich scorer? 🤷‍♂️ Come on, guys, that’s correct 🤷‍♂️

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Would have liked to have been involved in it. So we may have got beaten, maybe comprehensively but until you play you never know.

I think with the injury crisis here, lack of confidence, pressure on Lambert and ineffective performance and scores of recent weeks it may be better the game has been canceled but some will miss the usual interaction and reports / talking points of what would have occurred.

It's all about the safety and well-being of personnel, you can understand that. It has to take precedence over a match day or game entertainment.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:46 pm

For once this is a decision that probably works in our favour.

5 points for me too for No Town scorer.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:45 pm
It means you have a maximum 60 points this week and not the normal 85.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:35 pm

Live table at 16:30 and that’s us out of the top six. Charlton and Doncaster have come from behind to lead. If Accrington go on to win, we’re down to 8th. But we’d still be only 3 points from 1st. Bonkers league.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:00 pm

In the end it wasn’t such a bad weekend to get the game postponed.

Charlton dropped two points by conceding a last minute equaliser. And Accrington and Fleetwood both drew. Still sixth and three points of top. Doncaster and Pompey are the form sides and Lincoln had a good win.

It seems like our whole season from now on is based on getting key players fit, beating lowly sides and hoping other clubs around us slip up. If last season is anything to go by - the better clubs started getting into their stride after the New Year whilst we slipped backwards.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:37 pm

I'm starting to wonder if this season will go the same way as last season. I imagine the latest mutation seems unlikely to carry any greater risk to the players but it seems more contagious - so I can see it all going behind closed doors with many more games postponed. If the plan is to vaccinate the over 65s by Easter (a target I'm confident we will miss), that offers no protection to the players and so infections and postponements will continue. Lockdown 3 is inevitable; whether football continues during it is down to the most indecisive, incompetent government I have had the misfortune to suffer.