6 Town players and Lambert test +ve for CoVid

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

6 Town players and Lambert test +ve for CoVid

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:52 pm

Last edited by hallamblue on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number 9

Re: 6 Town players and Lambert test +ve for CoVid

Post by number 9 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:23 pm

I hope everyone recovers without serious symptoms. I’m really tired of this bloody virus. They’re reporting close to 2-thousand positives every day in Dallas/Fort Worth. A nightmare continues.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:26 pm

It’s definitely returning with s as vengeance isn’t it #9... close to out of control here ( hence UK Govt action today) . Wales in total lockdown now also.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:02 am

Just seen that Burton Football had the Virus last month. Could they have passed it onto us during the Football Tuesday??

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:08 am

I can't see fans allowed in for many more games this season.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

Andym wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:08 am
It comes to a point where you begin to wonder whether this season could end up with the same fate as the last one, by being curtailed. While hindsight is a wonderful thing, perhaps the train of thought where last seasons leagues and cups were actually completed this season, may have been a wiser option (as long as a suitable rescue package could have been put together perhaps?).

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:04 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am
Andym wrote:
It comes to a point where you begin to wonder whether this season could end up with the same fate as the last one, by being curtailed. While hindsight is a wonderful thing, perhaps the train of thought where last seasons leagues and cups were actually completed this season, may have been a wiser option (as long as a suitable rescue package could have been put together perhaps?).
I did say that at the time. I did think we would be better placed by around March 2021 to complete last season but we clearly won't be.

I was one of the 2000 last Tuesday. I hadn't really thought until then that all of us are season ticket holders so the club didn't take a penny extra, but had significant expenses in staffing etc. Although it was great to be back, imy not sure it was the most sensible decision to allow it.

I'm guessing there are maybe 2 or 3 matches in league 1 called off every weekweek at the moment? That's up to 25% of fixtures to be rescheduled. That is likely to increase while the virus continues to affect more people. Lockdown 3 is inevitable in January and needs to be tighter than lockdown 2 whichor was hardly a lockdown and consequently did bugger all to stop the spread - so it's quite possible footy might be off again.

It's really hard for businesses and I have no answers. With a vaccine there is light at the end of the tunnel, but at the moment it's still a very long tunnel. If the over 65s are vaccinated by Easter (I'll be surprised if that actually happened) then that still leaves a hell of a lot unvaccinated by the supposed end of the season. Trying very hard not to be political again......

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:15 am

Andym wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:04 am
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am
Andym wrote:
I did say that at the time. I did think we would be better placed by around March 2021 to complete last season but we clearly won't be.

I was one of the 2000 last Tuesday. I hadn't really thought until then that all of us are season ticket holders so the club didn't take a penny extra, but had significant expenses in staffing etc. Although it was great to be back, imy not sure it was the most sensible decision to allow it.

I'm guessing there are maybe 2 or 3 matches in league 1 called off every weekweek at the moment? That's up to 25% of fixtures to be rescheduled. That is likely to increase while the virus continues to affect more people. Lockdown 3 is inevitable in January and needs to be tighter than lockdown 2 whichor was hardly a lockdown and consequently did bugger all to stop the spread - so it's quite possible footy might be off again.

It's really hard for businesses and I have no answers. With a vaccine there is light at the end of the tunnel, but at the moment it's still a very long tunnel. If the over 65s are vaccinated by Easter (I'll be surprised if that actually happened) then that still leaves a hell of a lot unvaccinated by the supposed end of the season. Trying very hard not to be political again......
I'll be political then.

UK government has totally mismanaged Covid from Day 1 - result is we are now where we are. I feel sorry for the tens of thousands of people who were going to have their Christmas lunch at somebody else's house. Where are they now supposed to get their turkeys from, cos all the supermarkets/butchers have sold out and stopped taking orders weeks ago.

Thank God that Boris Johnson was not PM in the days of Hitler - we would never have won the war under him. The only way to beat this virus is to stand up and fight - not to run scared/hide from it. Johnson and Hancock have shirked from the task, and let that bald-headed moron Whitty have his way. :evil: :evil: :evil:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:40 am

Very True Gary, the government have always been behind the curve in this one . I know it’s difficult to make decisions with a subject like CoVid, but relax the rules at Christmas, frankly , always seemed doomed to failure.

Interesting how the new surge in CoVid appears to be in the South East ... my personal theory is it’s being brought into the country through Dover via the lorry drivers !

Whatever, we just have to all remain vigilant and responsible and hang in there until the vaccination roles out .

Merry Christmas munchkin x

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:59 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:40 am
Very True Gary, the government have always been behind the curve in this one . I know it’s difficult to make decisions with a subject like CoVid, but relax the rules at Christmas, frankly , always seemed doomed to failure.

Interesting how the new surge in CoVid appears to be in the South East ... my personal theory is it’s being brought into the country through Dover via the lorry drivers !

Whatever, we just have to all remain vigilant and responsible and hang in there until the vaccination roles out .

Yes, I think the mutation started in Kent and has spread through London, Hertfordshire, and Essex. I never ever dreamed that Chelmsford would be in the highest tier, but here we are now in Tier 4. Let's hope that it doesn't spread any farther, but I think with our governments lily-livered strategy there's little chance it won't.

Merry Christmas Liz x

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:02 pm

:cry: Lamberts got to isolate for 16 weeks as he's got the new stronger covid virus :lol: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:30 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:40 am

From what I’ve read and listened to Liz, it would appear the latest mutation of the Covid Virus originated from within Kent where it was first recognised back in September. The Government were made aware in October but chose to do little about it, although it does explain why Kent was surprisingly put in Tier 3 without a thorough explanation. It is already known to have spread to at least Denmark, Holland and Australia, and given how far and wide people travel to celebrate Christmas, there is a further disaster waiting to happen, which is why so many Countries are closing their borders to visitors from the UK.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:33 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:30 am

From what I’ve read and listened to Liz, it would appear the latest mutation of the Covid Virus originated from within Kent where it was first recognised back in September. The Government were made aware in October but chose to do little about it, although it does explain why Kent was surprisingly put in Tier 3 without a thorough explanation. It is already known to have spread to at least Denmark, Holland and Australia, and given how far and wide people travel to celebrate Christmas, there is a further disaster waiting to happen, which is why so many Countries are closing their borders to visitors from the UK.
If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, it puts us on the same level as China - knowing it's there and doing nothing to alert the rest of the world until it's too late. How I despise Johnson and his incompetent Government, as well as the right wing press that got him elected. I'm embarrassed to be British. We are a laughing stock across the world for Bexshit, the press and Bojo & his clowns.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:37 am

Can't argue with any of that and now facing some difficult regulations in relation to how long I can be in Europe next Summer is not giving me a warm feeling either. The lies were transparent to me at the time to be honest. It's deeply shocking that they weren't transparent to all. The perpetrators should be prosecuted in my view for a whole host of crimes including gross waste of taxpayer's money.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Along with all the people who congregated in towns and cities thinking it was funny, every one of them should be done for murder/manslaughter cus that's what it amounts to.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Yes Government have got it wrong at times, I'm not here to defend them, but I do think they'd be lynched whatever they did, hindsight is always clear.

Bottom line, is people should be able to be responsible by themselves, it's the idiots that couldn't pull together as part of a national effort that are to be blamed in my eyes, its been embarrassing, I've really lost faith in the general public.

Same issue with climate change, "the government should does this, the government should do that" , says the man in his 4x4 with a V8, who probably has his heating set to 28 degress at home in the winter and sits around in his shorts and t-shirt.

We the population are responsible for the spread.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:35 pm

This might explain the New Covid strain in Kent, Back In August we had 1000's of F*****G London families invasion without warning down here in Greatstone-on-sea, Romney Marsh, who thought it funny to have a F*****G beach party and completely clog the area up, all because the Police shut down Camber Sands, then you have all the Kent seaside resorts being swamped with F*****g millions from London area just clogging up the beaches, I said to the wife then that we would pay for this invasion at a later date, I mean in Dymchurch which is always popular with tourists, :shock: some were coming down from Reading in Berkshire, down Here on Romney Marsh we have a few thousand residential people and about a million bloody sheep, so we were quite safe until the hot weather invasion, also you will note its the scungie areas of Kent that are the worst hit with Covid, Swale, Medway, Thanet, and high populated towns of Ashford, Maidstone, Dartford, Dover, etc, so we obey the rules and pay for it. :evil: :evil:

edited by Frosty, please avoid racial reference in the future thanks Ash

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Ricco wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:11 pm
Yes Government have got it wrong at times, I'm not here to defend them, but I do think they'd be lynched whatever they did, hindsight is always clear.

Bottom line, is people should be able to be responsible by themselves, it's the idiots that couldn't pull together as part of a national effort that are to be blamed in my eyes, its been embarrassing, I've really lost faith in the general public.

Same issue with climate change, "the government should does this, the government should do that" , says the man in his 4x4 with a V8, who probably has his heating set to 28 degress at home in the winter and sits around in his shorts and t-shirt.

I agree to some extent in much the same way people moan about the decline of the high street yet still but from Amazon. And want Government spending but still buy from Amazon who don't pay tax. Can you tell I don't like Amazon?

But my point is that the public can only act on what they are told. And the tabloids have been banging on about how we can have a Christmas for months. And holidays. They have been totally irresponsible and I despise them. But bear8ng that in mind, the Government needed to be on the ball, acting much more quickly and much more firmly. It needed firm leadership telling the sheep who read the tabloids what they must do. Not advice, not guidance, but firm instruction. But Boris wants to be liked. He won't be the bad guy. He waits until there is only one option rather than making better choices sooner - just the same with Brexit.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:06 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:35 pm
This might explain the New Covid strain in Kent, Back In August we had 1000's of F*****G London families invasion without warning down here in Greatstone-on-sea, Romney Marsh, who thought it funny to have a F*****G beach party and completely clog the area up, all because the Police shut down Camber Sands, then you have all the Kent seaside resorts being swamped with F*****g millions from London area just clogging up the beaches, I said to the wife then that we would pay for this invasion at a later date, I mean in Dymchurch which is always popular with tourists, :shock: some were coming down from Reading in Berkshire, down Here on Romney Marsh we have a few thousand residential people and about a million bloody sheep, so we were quite safe until the hot weather invasion, also you will note its the scungie areas of Kent that are the worst hit with Covid, Swale, Medway, Thanet, and high populated towns of Ashford, Maidstone, Dartford, Dover, etc, so we obey the rules and pay for it. :evil: :evil:
It will always be the poorer areas worst hit. More densely populated, multigenerational families,no gardens, poor health and diet because of poverty. It doesn't necessarily make it their fault.

edited by Frosty

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Ricco wrote:

Absolutely spot on 100%, society is thick, selfish, lazy and anything else bad you can think of these days.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm
Ricco wrote:
Yes Government have got it wrong at times, I'm not here to defend them, but I do think they'd be lynchewd whatever they did, hindsight is always clear.

Absolutely spot on 100%, society is thick, selfish, lazy and anything else bad you can think of these days.
Wow you must be something special if you think that ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Yeah I am mate, which one do you come under ? Or maybe all of them, you've been around for five minutes and I'm pissed off with you already, one more remark or dig at me and I'll remove you simples.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:42 pm

I fully agree with Ricco & Mike.

Isn't it strange that whenever there is a lockdown the infection rate drops, but as soon as it is lifted the rate soars. This time to unbelievable heights. I try & avoid shops wherever possible, but had to go into town last week. Unbelievable, no social distancing people barging around in shops (despite 2m markers on the floor) & barely a mask in sight. I got on my bike & came home asap.

Yes, the general public are thoughtless morons.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Andym wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:02 pm
Ricco wrote:

I agree to some extent in much the same way people moan about the decline of the high street yet still but from Amazon. And want Government spending but still buy from Amazon who don't pay tax. Can you tell I don't like Amazon?

But my point is that the public can only act on what they are told. And the tabloids have been banging on about how we can have a Christmas for months. And holidays. They have been totally irresponsible and I despise them. But bear8ng that in mind, the Government needed to be on the ball, acting much more quickly and much more firmly. It needed firm leadership telling the sheep who read the tabloids what they must do. Not advice, not guidance, but firm instruction. But Boris wants to be liked. He won't be the bad guy. He waits until there is only one option rather than making better choices sooner - just the same with Brexit.
I agree with all your points but the sad thing is that if he gets Brexit out the way over the next year and the vaccine sorts out COVID by this time next year then he is likely to get returned to office.

I dind't vote for Independence in last Scottish referendum as I hate nationalism but starting to wonder if its the only to escape.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:52 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 pm
Andym wrote:
Ricco wrote:

I agree with all your points but the sad thing is that if he gets Brexit out the way over the next year and the vaccine sorts out COVID by this time next year then he is likely to get returned to office.

I dind't vote for Independence in last Scottish referendum as I hate nationalism but starting to wonder if its the only to escape.
I think Brexit will be such a disaster that even those who voted for it will blame him. But i agree, dedpite him failjng in just snouabout every job he's ever had, people will still respect him because the Daily Mail and Daily Express will tell them to.
And I also agree that Scottish independence would be the best way to escape him.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:41 am

Andym wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:52 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 pm
Andym wrote:

I think Brexit will be such a disaster that even those who voted for it will blame him. But i agree, dedpite him failjng in just snouabout every job he's ever had, people will still respect him because the Daily Mail and Daily Express will tell them to.
And I also agree that Scottish independence would be the best way to escape him.
I’ve voted Conservative pretty much all of my life up to the last election when I couldn’t vote for them solely on the Brexit issue which in my opinion is a National disaster on a monumental scale. I reluctantly accepted it and moved on in the hope that our Government would at the very least secure the promised oven ready deal so that our lives could carry on not be too badly damaged, however this is looking increasingly unlikely. If that wasn’t bad enough his handling of Covid 19 and ever changing rules which most people can’t keep up with, only serves to underline their incompetence to govern and his incompetence to lead. This isn’t a true Conservative Government, the true blue experienced Conservatives have all long been driven out and replaced with far right wingers taken from the ashes of UKIP. Boris is nothing more than a front line puppet, scared of his own shadow but wheeled out to sell the message in his stuttering public schoolboy blithering idiot style. But mark my words, when Brexit is done he will prematurely resign and move on to his next project. After all he wasn’t really a Brexiteer, he just spotted it as an opportunity to get the top job he always dreamed of.

I don’t yet know how it will happen, but this Government has to be replaced, surely the British people could never re-elect them. Maybe we need a new middle ground party, something of a hybrid between Labours Right and Tories Left, a party that looks after those of us without extreme views who sit in the middle ground and need representing.

f*ck, how did 6 Town players and Lambert test positive for Covid reduce to this crap.

Help, can someone get this back on track. Rant Over.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:55 pm

O'Neil has also now tested positive to CoVid ……

Town are back for a break in the season to allow CoVid infection levels in the game to reduce….

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... st-6864316

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Town are back for a break in the season to allow CoVid infection levels in the game to reduce….

This would also give Town time to get their injured players back. Very clever.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:55 pm

This would also give Town time to get their injured players back. Very clever.
Possibly, but I guess these recovering players aren’t at the club at the moment receiving treatment. Would there recovery be set back? And there’s bound to a fixture pile-up down the road.

Have to say it would probably be sensible. Not sticking the boot into Evans and Lambert, but they’re probably at least happy that these postponements takes the heat of them for a bit. All the simmering anger now gets re-directed at BJ.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm

I think you have a point. Don't understand why BJ is getting so much flak. These are unprecedented times and no PM has had anything like this to deal with. Regarding Town they could quite easy extend the season into June to accommodate the fixtures.