Jan 2021 Transfer Window

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

Re: Jan 2021 Transfer Window

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:53 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:22 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:04 am
bluejacko wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am
I suppose the biggest contradiction is the fact he still says he knows what he is doing😂
But does he believe it himself? You just feel this is all about him clinging onto that bloody contract.

I’ll give a bit of credit to Evans - he’s certainly backing Lambert. Crazy as it may seem. Lambert can’t complain Marcus isn’t offering him support. I can’t believe that Evans continues to keep on putting his hand in his pocket to pay for more and more players. Just stinks of desperation whereby there’s that hope that we can stumble upon a winning formula.
do you know , whatever we feel about Evans , he has always given his managers "time2 hasn't he. I suspect there's many reason why he's giving P[L time too.

1: He actually buys into the plan he and PL and his team have been brought here to do ...ie work from the bottom up to re build the club.
2: Contractual pressures , eg the 2 years clause hasn't been triggered yet , and isn't therefore willing to pay out compo to PL ...or perhaps another clause ( Top 6 at end of season) hasn't been triggered yet?

But as has been suggested the fact that Evans is funding these new arrivals suggests that PL does have the owners backing for now ….

Oh well it is what it is ...I just hope he's ready for the ST backlash , if/ when we don't get promoted .
Liz this one statement says it all to me, you cant build the club from the bottom on loans as it just wont work, you have to build on our youth and bring in one or two really good signings to establish a more solid team building, loan players come and go for someone else's benefit, loans can be good for fill in roles in the injury cases, but if you keep bringing in loan players you cant establish a consistent performing team, and it degrades our youth players who are trying like mad to get selected for the first team, Joe Royale had the right idea, its a shame Lambert doesn't have the same insight as our Joe did.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:05 pm

I'm not supporting Lambert, but I think the loans are a direct result of our injury crisis. Many of our youngsters have been given a fair chance to prove themselves, and some have done better than others. I don't think the loans are to replace any of our youngsters at all. We also have the pandemic we're all dealing with, so a few extra players won't hurt.

I'm not happy Evans is backing Lambert, but if we start playing better and put together a few wins I will be somewhat happy. I can only hope the loans will provide a chance for improvement. Obviously it's out of our hands, so some of you so called 'Ipswich till I die fans' should start getting behind the team and organization we currently have.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:17 pm

You can’t build on youth. Any sign of promise, they’re off. Real promise I mean. Still struggling to understand why Downes is still at Ipswich. Championship player every day of the week. No doubt his injury halted progress.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:34 pm

having problems online so f*ck all this and keep it short. So we got a handful of new additions, on loan once again. Two kids of 18, one's a norwich fan, just seems somewhat unsavory bringing him here and another called parrott. You can make your own jokes as time won't pemit it but can't see how these additions are going to aid the team particularly at a stage of a season where there's not an awful lot left to be had.

Evans won't supply funds to make proper purchases so it's loan deals all the way once again. These kids we got coming in some have giving them positive reviews maybe but can't see to what extent they can hope to turn things around. Not possible to keep track of transfer activity at all times and there could be one or two further addtions to the team however feel it's all a bit too little too late. Yes we'll allow them a chance, be good to see some new faces out there take to the field but like others far from overwhelmed about whatever business we've done just recent.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Who says this guy is a Norwich fan ? And even if he is so what ? He wanted to come here and he is a damn handy player.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 pm

I think he’d posted it on FB a while back Mike. The whole family are Norwich fans..... as long as he does his stuff for us and helps us get promoted , I’ve not got an issue with..... it’ll probably p*ss his dad off too lol ! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:37 pm
Who says this guy is a Norwich fan ? And even if he is so what ? He wanted to come here and he is a damn handy player.
Yep, bang on.

Look at fat robbo.....

“He’s Fat, He’s round, ..... he bounces on the ground , Robertson..... Robertson.....”

Hibs fan, rejected by Hibs for the weight issue? (And that’s a fact, true story)...... then proceeded to be the highest ever scorer for the Jambos v Hibs.

So, (rubs hands) let have some hatricks, laddie.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:42 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:05 pm
I'm not supporting Lambert, but I think the loans are a direct result of our injury crisis. Many of our youngsters have been given a fair chance to prove themselves, and some have done better than others. I don't think the loans are to replace any of our youngsters at all. We also have the pandemic we're all dealing with, so a few extra players won't hurt.

I'm not happy Evans is backing Lambert, but if we start playing better and put together a few wins I will be somewhat happy. I can only hope the loans will provide a chance for improvement. Obviously it's out of our hands, so some of you so called 'Ipswich till I die fans' should start getting behind the team and organization we currently have.
You mean get behind an owner & manager that seem happy to see the demise of the club while it is on a downward spiral as proven by the stats.

I will always support ITFC, but I'm buggered if I'll back this current shower.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Parrott could be a very important player for us for the rest of the season. We should not judge him on his loan spell at Millwall. He got a bad injury in pre season (and he is not injury prone) that set him back.

I know from some tottenham friends that he is really highly thought of there. A skilful lad with a very sensible and mature attitude. I am no fan of Lambert but this kid could get us back in the mix.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, Buddy........ nice positive start. Hope you’re right. 👍

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:54 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:42 pm
number 9 wrote:

You mean get behind an owner & manager that seem happy to see the demise of the club while it is on a downward spiral as proven by the stats.

If your going to criticise then you need to do better than this. This is just boo boy stuff. Neither owner or manager are happy to see the demise of the club in the slightest.
This is just criticism for the sake of it.

Unless results really go through the floor then Paul Lambert will be at PR for the rest of the season and maybe next too. The Ipswich job is a really tough one and requires time which not many fans are prepared to give.

The injuries to key players and COVID have had a much bigger effect than many realize or are even prepared to consider.

I personally think Lambert should be doing better but not to the levels that many seem to think should be a given.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:24 pm

With that bloke Stanley clocking up the 6th / 7th place goal difference margins......, hopefully the Parrott can put on his shooting boots from the "off"!

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:31 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:54 pm
barmy billy wrote:
number 9 wrote:

If your going to criticise then you need to do better than this. This is just boo boy stuff. Neither owner or manager are happy to see the demise of the club in the slightest.

Unless results really go through the floor then Paul Lambert will be at PR for the rest of the season and maybe next too. The Ipswich job is a really tough one and requires time which not many fans are prepared to give.

The injuries to key players and COVID have had a much bigger effect than many realize or are even prepared to consider.

I personally think Lambert should be doing better but not to the levels that many seem to think should be a given.
Perfetly justifiable criticism to my mind. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I mine.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:12 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Yep, bang on.

Look at fat robbo.....

“He’s Fat, He’s round, ..... he bounces on the ground , Robertson..... Robertson.....”

Hibs fan, rejected by Hibs for the weight issue? (And that’s a fact, true story)...... then proceeded to be the highest ever scorer for the Jambos v Hibs.

Must have moved on from that when they signed Lavety !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 pm

JOHN DEERE wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Parrott could be a very important player for us for the rest of the season. We should not judge him on his loan spell at Millwall. He got a bad injury in pre season (and he is not injury prone) that set him back.

I know from some tottenham friends that he is really highly thought of there. A skilful lad with a very sensible and mature attitude. I am no fan of Lambert but this kid could get us back in the mix.
I hope you’re right JD. looking back on our recent loan signings 8n this window, I think they are all pretty decent and collectively I think could potentially make a difference to the team. I just hope Lambert players the, to their strengths, an issue I’ve had with him recently.

#coybs

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:13 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:59 pm
Welcome to the forum, Buddy........ nice positive start. Hope you’re right. 👍
Echo this, welcome to the forum mate.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:49 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:46 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:12 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Yep, bang on.

Look at fat robbo.....

Must have moved on from that when they signed Lavety !
:lol: True. He got some stick from away fans. He was actually spotted on the bench with a chippy after being subbed one midweek game. :lol:
Didn't really cut the mustard @ ER although did score one absolute peach v Aberdeen. Memorable.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 am

valleyroad wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:54 pm
barmy billy wrote:
number 9 wrote:

Whilst I agree Town have s shocking injury list . This problem had not been confined to just this season.

CoVid has affect ALL clubs , and many of those affected are sitting well above us, so why is this an excuse for Lambert to hide behind ?

Believe you me, I’ve wanted Paul Lambert to succeed here VR, but bloody hell, his record since taking over is utterly abysmal. I think I can safely say no other professional club would have stuck by him as long as Evans has . Some might say that’s a good attribute for the owner to have, many may share the view that his refusal to dispense with Lambert is now at the detriment to this Club’s survival in League one , let alone any futile hope of promotion.

This regular writer in the EADT has frankly highlighted the truly atrocious record set so far by Mr Lambert. Read it if you dare!

Lamberts record here is frankly shocking and the question asked , quite fairly I feel, is “ why is he still here”?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... mn-7299292

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:58 am

EADT have graded all of Lambert’s signings. Can’t help feel they’ve been mostly generous, but harsh with one or two.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... ed-7301402

They’ve got Wilson as the best signing. I’d say this season he was our soundest CB before he was dropped.

And Hawkins gets a D. I think that’s harsh as he has ruffled up CB’s and linked play without being a goal threat. He did pretty well at the start of the season when we had our good form blip.

And Judge getting a C when he’s largely disappointed and we had very high expectations of him.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:58 am

JOHN DEERE wrote:

A welcome to the forum from me as well mate.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm

Frosty wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:58 am
JOHN DEERE wrote:

A welcome to the forum from me as well mate.
Yep, great to see a new face around here. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:58 am
EADT have graded all of Lambert’s signings. Can’t help feel they’ve been mostly generous, but harsh with one or two.

They’ve got Wilson as the best signing. I’d say this season he was our soundest CB before he was dropped.

And Hawkins gets a D. I think that’s harsh as he has ruffled up CB’s and linked play without being a goal threat. He did pretty well at the start of the season when we had our good form blip.

And Judge getting a C when he’s largely disappointed and we had very high expectations of him.
Those ratings are a joke, don't agree with many of them tbh

crisg22

Post by crisg22 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm
tangfastic wrote:

I agree. I think Mark McGuinness in particular has been a great loan signing.
Hi all by the way-long time lurker here. Haven't been able to get to many games over the years due to work/kids but been able to watch every game on Ifollow this season for my sins.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi bud, great to see you posting and hopefully you'll stick around. Yes McGuinness is one who's score isn't correct, in my opinion at least.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:03 pm

tangfastic wrote:
He did pretty well at the start of the season when we had our good form blip.
:lol: Good form “blip”. Nice one. :lol: :lol: 👏👏

Only ever seen blip being used for the negative. It’s hilarious being used as the positive. :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:36 pm

barmy billy wrote:
number 9 wrote:

Trust me, I'm not happy at all with the current regime. Nothing seems to change, and we continue our downfall. Any change is welcome whether it's loan signings or players getting fit, if it's gonna create improvement. I'm gonna try to hang on to that little bit of hope for the next few games anyway.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:42 am

crisg22 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm
tangfastic wrote:

I agree. I think Mark McGuinness in particular has been a great loan signing.
Hi all by the way-long time lurker here. Haven't been able to get to many games over the years due to work/kids but been able to watch every game on Ifollow this season for my sins.

welcome "lurker" .....aka crisg22 ..Look forward to you and John Deere bringing us some luck for the second half of the season.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:36 pm
barmy billy wrote:
number 9 wrote:

Trust me, I'm not happy at all with the current regime. Nothing seems to change, and we continue our downfall. Any change is welcome whether it's loan signings or players getting fit, if it's gonna create improvement. I'm gonna try to hang on to that little bit of hope for the next few games anyway.
Maybe these signings will improve things. They should do with also most of the players fit. After every transfer window and with new signings coming in you usually get a bit of encouragement that things will improve, but this feels like a constant drip-drip of trying to boost yourself to get positive. It gets bloody tiring. And the stats are horrific over two seasons in League One... we’ve won only four games* in thirty against top ten sides. That’s also predates games without COVID and with lots of injuries. And whilst Lambert has been affected by COVID personally, it’s kept him in a job and meant there’s no venom unleashed at him from the terraces.
I can see us getting rid of Lambert, but, by then, it will too late to salvage the season. If Lambert had shown better management skills during the injury crisis and made us more harder to beat and snuck a few more wins and demonstrated just a tiny bit of tactical nous then I’d still back him. But he’s acting as if he can only do his job when the cards are stacked totally in his favour and he’s got an incredibly bloated, fit squad to choose from. What manager ever has had that luxury?

* And the four top ten teams from both seasons that we beat are Fleetwood, Crewe, Gillingham and Accrington.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:28 pm

I just wish Lambert would at least TRY two up front, we might actually start winning games!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:28 pm
I just wish Lambert would at least TRY two up front, we might actually start winning games!
Has he talked himself into a corner now by saying we can’t play two up front? “We’re useless with two up front” - seriously stupid thing to say.

No problem if he’s got a preference for one up front (as many teams go that way) -but if the game situation demands it or it suits the available players, then he should do it.

I do wonder if Norwood’s fit then he might be partnered by Parrott. I think we must have assured Spurs that Parrott would get more game time than at Millwall.