A potential return to the rotation system?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

A potential return to the rotation system?

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 am

Hinted at by Taylor.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... on-6881788

Although not ideal, I can fully understand this being used now. We have such a heavy fixture list over next 2-3 months , and s as lot of long te injured players making their return to playing. They’d be at big risk of re injury , plus we have a few old uns in the team in key positions.

What do you think about this ?

AzzurroMark

Re: A potential return to the rotation system?

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:41 am

We know that heavy rotation, as per last season, can have a negative impact on results. However, last season the formation would change almost as often as the team sheet.

This season, the players train and play in the rigid 4-3-3 system, therefore you would like to think that any player coming in should know their role and therefore slot straight in. That said, we know we have players who seem unsuited to that formation i.e.Jackson as the lone striker.

Perhaps with this in mind, we have signed 2 players who, according to reports, have a bit of pace and an ability to get past defenders. Take these two plus Edwards, Bishop and perhaps Bennetts and you have a lot more potency, which could enhance all of our strikers opportunities, Jackson included.

Yes, i think a low level of rotation is no bad thing along with clever (and full) usage of the 5 substitutes. Like this i feel we will stay fresher and slightly less prone to fatigue related injuries.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 am

Not really surprising due to the packed fixture list. But seeing as we’re playing Posh (twice) , Sunderland and Crewe in the next five games then best to focus on those first . If we come away with very few points from those, we might as well forget about the play-offs and we can put anyone in the team with an eye to next season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am

I wonder how many times in recent years we've all used the "with an eye on next season" comment, it is year on year now and by next October I guarantee we'll be saying it again.

As for the rotation thing, I don't agree with it at all, it just says to me at times we won't be putting out our strongest available Eleven, add to that it stunts the efforts of players playing together and forming partnerships. They should be able to play Two games a week every week no problem.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am

Watershed moment for Lambert and the team over these next few fixtures I think ..... Christ we get to this point every season don’t we , normally around this time of the season too !

Start praying ..... I am , again

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:12 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am
I wonder how many times in recent years we've all used the "with an eye on next season" comment, it is year on year now and by next October I guarantee we'll be saying it again.

As for the rotation thing, I don't agree with it at all, it just says to me at times we won't be putting out our strongest available Eleven, add to that it stunts the efforts of players playing together and forming partnerships. They should be able to play Two games a week every week no problem.

Agree with you Mike , but over the next two months it’s roughly three games in any 7 days . Horrendous really

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:15 am

Poor little things, maybe they should jack it in and get a cushy job down a coal mine or something.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 am

:lol: :lol: yes I agree they’re a bunch pussy cats !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mike, never have truer words been spoken. I mentioned in a thread a week ago, “the goal posts just keep on getting moved”...... and people just get sucked into it. It is incredibly annoying. It’s like absolutely FK ALL progress but plenty chat.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

hallamblue wrote:
Watershed moment for Lambert and the team over these next few fixtures I think ..... Christ we get to this point every season don’t we , normally around this time of the season too !

Start praying..... I am , again
You’ve apparently got the right dude to listen, Hallamski. :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm

He hasn’t listened so far marko .... :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm
He hasn’t listened so far marko .... :wink:
He’s still in shock at Bennett’s 18 grand a week.