NickAmes of the Guardian posts....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

NickAmes of the Guardian posts....

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:40 am

"https://twitter.com/NickAmes82?ref_src= ... }{\fldrslt
\

Ian Abrahams (Moose)
@BroadcastMoose
My take on today. Clearly ⁦@theposhofficial⁩ didnt play well but won. I reckon certainties for at least top 6. As for ⁦⁦@IpswichTown⁩ I’ve seen them 4 times this season and the team lacks creativity & goal threat. Need a change of luck or top 6 could be a stretch

Phil Ham comments ....

“ I think things are coming to a head, couple of people said to me today we're entering the endgame, the outcome of these three games, today, Sunderland and Crewe, being crucial for PL's survival.”

Make of it what you will , but I personally feel Lambert is very much on borrowed time now. But the problem runs so much deeper than the manager doesn’t it.

AzzurroMark

Re: NickAmes of the Guardian posts....

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:54 am

Some bleak comments there! This is all becoming like ever decreasing circles isn't it? It is like watching ITFC stuck in quicksand, watching them slowly sinking further and further down!

It is really getting depressing' week in week out hoping for a turn in fortunes (key players returning, potentially exciting loan players giving us an attacking threat), only to have it thrown back in your face with further injuries, covid, players constantly talking the talk but failing to deliver Etc. I wonder if we will ever get to see a near full strength, settled team ever again?

I am crying out for an upturn in fortunes, still trying to find excuses to continue supporting the current regime, and yes for some reason many will find incredulous, i still have hope that Thomas and Harrup will lead us to salvage something good from this season. Looking at the forthcoming fixtures, it is hard to see where 3 points will come from, but for me the immediate future should be about vastly improving our performances, then (and if) the results will start to come! The March fixtures look daunting, and a mis-firing Ipswich team could struggle to pick up any points!
So how long am i prepared to show such blind faith? All depends on performances improving. If little changes then could be anytime, however i think the 13th Feb game away to Shrewsbury could well be the ultimate tipping point!