Alan Lee’s friendly advice to the Club

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Alan Lee’s friendly advice to the Club

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:44 am

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Alan Lee’s friendly advice to the Club

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:45 am

It reads to me Liz like PL is baiting ME to sack him, and in his position with one of the longest contracts in English football extending to summer 2025, I think I’d be tempted to do the same.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:56 pm

lol yes there's every chance of that I suppose.

I notice Phil Ham posted on his forum ( in response to a question regarding Lamberts contract) that there would be no get out clauses if he was sacked after the first two years of that contract(extension), but that there would be , if he was sacked within the first two years....I suppose Evans has to weigh up the cost of not gaining promotion this season , against what it'll cost him to replace Lambert ( if that's what he wants to do).

I think Phil Ham had access in a journalistic form to everyday events going on at ITFC, and has done so for many years and has had very good relations with the Club, but since PL has banned him from attending any meetings pre or post matches , there is very little "news" re ITFC on twtd now.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:59 pm

Alan Lee stresses that he’s not criticising Lambert, but says:-

“If I had any friendly advice for Town, I'd say mix it up a bit. You have to play to your strengths. If you advertise what you are doing, it's going to be tough, the opposition know."

It’s pretty what everybody else is saying. Fans, pundits... even players.

I guess that’s what Charners is alluding to - that he’s trying to force Evans’ hand to sack him.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Here’s hoping then tang, coz I’ve had enough of him now. ( and I bet the players have too).

Tbh what Lee says is basic coaching common sense isn’t it. So why the hell can’t Lambert “ get it”? 🤷‍♀️

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:52 pm

'Friendly advice' sounds a bit like something Jason Statham would say to the villain in one of his movies.

Villain: "Listen you c*ck, I'm gonna keep managing Ipswich until they're in the fuckin National league...so p*ss off before I kick your stupid head in!"
Jason: "Let me give you some friendly advice mate...bam bam bam, kick kick kick! Any questions?"
Villain: "Aah, ooh oooh, oh...I think I'm dying!"
Jason: "There you are Mr Evans. He's done and dusted, and he won't be taking a cash settlement."
Evans: "Thank you very much Jason! May I ask, have you ever played any football?"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:13 pm

Nice, 9 :lol:

I love the situational commentary comedy. Great stuff.

Alan Lee: “Can I give Ipswich some friendly advice.”
Lambert: “Naw ye cannae ya fat roly poly c**t. I played for Dortmund. Fk off.”