Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13313
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:52 am

Hope people can understand him 😂

Maybe a pre recorded public resignation, we can only wish !

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22922
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:01 am

Be like listening to the Bolder Brothers on Wacky Races.

User avatar
bluejacko
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by bluejacko » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:01 am

Oops sorry posted similar just now😏

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13313
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:05 am

bluejacko wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:01 am
Oops sorry posted similar just now😏
No probs Jacko 👍

tangfastic
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by tangfastic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:20 am

Probably going to talk about coronavirus and how we shouldn’t be playing at the moment.

It’s easy - and probably unfair - to be cynical, but I can’t help feel he’s doing his PR act whilst he’s under extreme pressure here. He might be unwell, yet he’s doing a number of radio, TV interviews outside ITFC. Mind you, the local press has had enough so he might have no choice to take his act further afield.

Have to wait and see.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:55 pm

Stephen Warnock certainly wasn’t very complimentary about Lambert’s man management skills.

valleyroad
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:55 pm
Stephen Warnock certainly wasn’t very complimentary about Lambert’s man management skills.
So where does the issue lie? Is it Warnock who is the problem?

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18946
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:46 pm

Tried googling and youtubing this interview........., anyone have a link to it?

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:49 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:55 pm
Stephen Warnock certainly wasn’t very complimentary about Lambert’s man management skills.
So where does the issue lie? Is it Warnock who is the problem?
Warnock said after Lambert arrived at Villa Park he hardly got a look in and was never given any explanation of why. He also said that around the dressing room and club in general Lambert had a complete lack of sense of humour. You got the impression there was a lot more he wanted to say but summed it up by ending the conversation with “not for me”.
The co-presenters seemed a bit surprised he was so outspoken.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18946
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_2vadVF6nQ

Thats all I could find regarding a lambo Crewe interview.

And regarding that interview....., he is sounding (and looking) what we here in Scotland call, "burst"....., he is fkn burst. It is over. Marcus Evans should see this.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_2vadVF6nQ

Thats all I could find regarding a lambo Crewe interview.

And regarding that interview....., he is sounding (and looking) what we here in Scotland call, "burst"....., he is fkn burst. It is over. Marcus Evans should see this.
Think the Football Focus show from yesterday will be available on iPlayer.
If it is the Lambert interview is near the end and Warnock makes his comments after it.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18946
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_2vadVF6nQ

Thats all I could find regarding a lambo Crewe interview.

And regarding that interview....., he is sounding (and looking) what we here in Scotland call, "burst"....., he is fkn burst. It is over. Marcus Evans should see this.
Think the Football Focus show from yesterday will be available on iPlayer.
If it is the Lambert interview is near the end and Warnock makes his comments after it.
Thanks, Shed.

Just watched that. He just had to mention the "German" covid testing eh?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But ok, I take it back......, maybe he's not burst. He's just got that longer version of the covid. I'm sure with THAT knowledge, most Ipswich fans will accept mid to lower League One mediocrity with an added sniff of League Two. Course we will.

What??? Not all of you? You heartless bastards. He's got sore hair FFS!

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by saint jude » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:15 pm

Was unable to view the original feature it's not on any standalone YouTube item either. Made do where Lambert rambled on in a barely audible tone with a brick wall as an engaging backdrop. Was far from Doctor Zhivago in terms of watching ability.

All right he's been unwell recently to whatever degree however it were the sound and appearance of someone almost devoid of enthusiasm / interest, at least in terms of undertaking the task he was brought here to begin with.

valleyroad
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:49 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:55 pm
Stephen Warnock certainly wasn’t very complimentary about Lambert’s man management skills.
So where does the issue lie? Is it Warnock who is the problem?
Warnock said after Lambert arrived at Villa Park he hardly got a look in and was never given any explanation of why. He also said that around the dressing room and club in general Lambert had a complete lack of sense of humour. You got the impression there was a lot more he wanted to say but summed it up by ending the conversation with “not for me”.
The co-presenters seemed a bit surprised he was so outspoken.
He was sidelined by Houllier also.
As you have probably guessed i don't buy into this stuff on Lambert.
Lambert will be judged on results at Ipswich and not on heresay by Warnock

hallamblue
Posts: 25616
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:27 pm

Well if Lambert is being judged on results ( rightly so as for any manager), it beggars the question then why is he still Towns manager? 🤷‍♀️

valleyroad
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:27 pm
Well if Lambert is being judged on results ( rightly so as for any manager), it beggars the question then why is he still Towns manager? 🤷‍♀️
Sure but that's your opinion that its beggars the question but not everyone's including the owner, so far ....
I wouldn't want to be Ipswich Town manager for all the money they could pay me !

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:59 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:55 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:49 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm

So where does the issue lie? Is it Warnock who is the problem?
Warnock said after Lambert arrived at Villa Park he hardly got a look in and was never given any explanation of why. He also said that around the dressing room and club in general Lambert had a complete lack of sense of humour. You got the impression there was a lot more he wanted to say but summed it up by ending the conversation with “not for me”.
The co-presenters seemed a bit surprised he was so outspoken.
He was sidelined by Houllier also.
As you have probably guessed i don't buy into this stuff on Lambert.
Lambert will be judged on results at Ipswich and not on heresay by Warnock
It could be a case of sour grapes by Warnock but if there is any truth in that he was never given any explanation by Lambert then that seems like a very similar situation to which Hurst was criticised for by certain players when in charge at Ipswich. It therefore could be history repeating itself.
With regards to Lambert being judged on results, yes he should be and whatever fans opinions are of him there can be no doubt that it is hard to think of many clubs that would have given him the time to turn things around like ITFC have.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:27 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_2vadVF6nQ

Thats all I could find regarding a lambo Crewe interview.

And regarding that interview....., he is sounding (and looking) what we here in Scotland call, "burst"....., he is fkn burst. It is over. Marcus Evans should see this.
Think the Football Focus show from yesterday will be available on iPlayer.
If it is the Lambert interview is near the end and Warnock makes his comments after it.
Thanks, Shed.

Just watched that. He just had to mention the "German" covid testing eh?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But ok, I take it back......, maybe he's not burst. He's just got that longer version of the covid. I'm sure with THAT knowledge, most Ipswich fans will accept mid to lower League One mediocrity with an added sniff of League Two. Course we will.

What??? Not all of you? You heartless bastards. He's got sore hair FFS!
marko
Have been feeling a bit under the weather the past couple of weeks and ended up in Colchester General Hospital last Thursday due to being extremely anemic. Anyhow, they decided to give me a blood transfusion and a full MOT.
The consultant then came and saw me and said I want to refer you to a cardiologist as it appears you have congestive heart failure. My reply to him was “so would you if you had been following ITFC for 50 years!😂 He cracked up. Must say all the staff absolute heroes working in the current conditions.

User avatar
bluejacko
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by bluejacko » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:30 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:27 pm
Well if Lambert is being judged on results ( rightly so as for any manager), it beggars the question then why is he still Towns manager? 🤷‍♀️
Sure but that's your opinion that its beggars the question but not everyone's including the owner, so far ....
I wouldn't want to be Ipswich Town manager for all the money they could pay me !
Why would you not want a job that pays a small fortune and not have to be very good at it?

valleyroad
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by valleyroad » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 am

bluejacko wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:30 am
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:27 pm
Well if Lambert is being judged on results ( rightly so as for any manager), it beggars the question then why is he still Towns manager? 🤷‍♀️
Sure but that's your opinion that its beggars the question but not everyone's including the owner, so far ....
I wouldn't want to be Ipswich Town manager for all the money they could pay me !
Why would you not want a job that pays a small fortune and not have to be very good at it?
Good point :D

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22922
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 am

Monday morning and he's still our bloody manager ffs. Oh well let's hope for a thrashing against Blackpool then.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:41 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 am
Monday morning and he's still our bloody manager ffs. Oh well let's hope for a thrashing against Blackpool then.
What was it Del Boy used to say?
This time next year! 😂

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22922
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Yep lmao 🤣
"This time next year we'll be at Forest Green Rovers" ,

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18946
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:27 pm

Joking aside, hope you get all those issues sorted out, Shed.

Whatever happened to LnP? Think he had similar stuff going on.

Hope he's not dead! This is supposed to be an uplifting post for Shed :lol:

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 pm

He is still around marko as he posts on FB.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18946
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:59 pm

👍 That’s great. Obviously be better if he posted more on here, but good to hear he’s still alive and well.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13313
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:27 am
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 pm


Think the Football Focus show from yesterday will be available on iPlayer.
If it is the Lambert interview is near the end and Warnock makes his comments after it.
Thanks, Shed.

Just watched that. He just had to mention the "German" covid testing eh?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But ok, I take it back......, maybe he's not burst. He's just got that longer version of the covid. I'm sure with THAT knowledge, most Ipswich fans will accept mid to lower League One mediocrity with an added sniff of League Two. Course we will.

What??? Not all of you? You heartless bastards. He's got sore hair FFS!
marko
Have been feeling a bit under the weather the past couple of weeks and ended up in Colchester General Hospital last Thursday due to being extremely anemic. Anyhow, they decided to give me a blood transfusion and a full MOT.
The consultant then came and saw me and said I want to refer you to a cardiologist as it appears you have congestive heart failure. My reply to him was “so would you if you had been following ITFC for 50 years!😂 He cracked up. Must say all the staff absolute heroes working in the current conditions.

Hey Shed wishing you well and a speedy recover, it sounds like you’ve caught it early enough to be manageable but a very good job you got yourself to the CGH.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Paul Lambert ... on BBC Football Focus today.

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:43 pm

Thanks Charny.
Yep sure I will be fine, just have to change lifestyle and eating habits a bit together with taking a bit more medication.
Also, stop getting so worked up about what has happened to ITFC although that will probably be the hardest part! 😂

Post Reply