Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another Disappointment?

Shrewsbury Win
64%
Ipswich Win
7%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 14

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm
Tinytown wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:44 pm
Apparently it's Lambert that doesn't wish to play it tomorrow
Where is that written? PL why not?
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... nt-7323530

Logistics more than PL it seems.
Maybe, would still be his decision ultimately in my opinion.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:39 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:28 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 pm
I'd seen a different view as to why Town wont be staying up there to play Sunday , and that was that the hotel they are staying in don't have the food / staff available to cater for the squad another night . Suspect if its true its all Covid related eg obtain supplies as much as getting staff in.

Either way, Lambert survives another week ......
What about microwavable German sausages?

More excuses!!
Indeed marko . Any hotel at this moment in time would find the staff to stay open another night. As for food, I'm sure shrewsbury has a feckin tescos!! Stupid not to play tomorrow given the reduced amount of free days to play in the future. Another two fingers to all from lambert

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Exactly my thoughts.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:04 pm

I assume they didn’t want to play Sunday then Tuesday

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:03 pm
Refs were arseholes in those days as well? Why eliminate the first 20 mins, AndyM? Any explanation offered to you or the others?
He said if you change pitches you have to restart. I can’t imagine there is any rule to cover it but he was adamant

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:44 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:04 pm
I assume they didn’t want to play Sunday then Tuesday
Tuesday was going to be moved to Wednesday

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:06 am

Andym wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 pm
He said if you change pitches you have to restart. I can’t imagine there is any rule to cover it but he was adamant
Well, who knows. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe there is a change in the rules if the dandy highwayman is refereeing?! :lol:

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:14 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:39 pm
marko69 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 pm
I'd seen a different view as to why Town wont be staying up there to play Sunday , and that was that the hotel they are staying in don't have the food / staff available to cater for the squad another night . Suspect if its true its all Covid related eg obtain supplies as much as getting staff in.

Either way, Lambert survives another week ......

More excuses!!
Indeed marko . Any hotel at this moment in time would find the staff to stay open another night. As for food, I'm sure shrewsbury has a feckin tescos!! Stupid not to play tomorrow given the reduced amount of free days to play in the future. Another two fingers to all from lambert
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... nt-7323530 PL wanted to play Sunday :shock:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:04 am

This is becoming like a pantomime. No one would be moaning if Lambert wasn’t under pressure. Plenty of reasons to criticise Lambert - but, for me, this is not one of them. Fans want the game to be played today so we lose and it’s another nail in Lambert’s coffin. Why would the club make a decision based on that?

I don’t see anywhere criticism of Shrewsbury - justly or unjustly. It’s their burden to get the pitch playable. If they’d made a decision on Friday about any concerns about the pitch, maybe they could have got the game changed to Sunday. And maybe the EFL could have applied a bit of pressure to Northampton to change the Tuesday match to Wednesday. It’s OK for Shrewsbury to say play the next day - they can just send their players home for the night.

In truth, it’s bad weather that’s intervened ... and it’s up to the home team to try and get the game played or postpone at the earliest possible moment. Not an hour before kick off.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:17 am

Tinytown wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:14 am
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

More excuses!!
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... nt-7323530 PL wanted to play Sunday :shock:
Both clubs then held discussions about playing the match tomorrow, something the EFL gave the green light to, but Ipswich ultimately decided not to go ahead with that plan due to 'logistical' reasons..

Also states Ipswich said they could not prepare properly for the game if they stayed another night.

Both poor excuses, if they had wanted to play they would have.

Nowhere does that report state PL wanted to play Sunday, why post that Tiny?

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:22 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:04 am
This is becoming like a pantomime. No one would be moaning if Lambert wasn’t under pressure. Plenty of reasons to criticise Lambert - but, for me, this is not one of them. Fans want the game to be played today so we lose and it’s another nail in Lambert’s coffin. Why would the club make a decision based on that?

I don’t see anywhere criticism of Shrewsbury - justly or unjustly. It’s their burden to get the pitch playable. If they’d made a decision on Friday about any concerns about the pitch, maybe they could have got the game changed to Sunday. And maybe the EFL could have applied a bit of pressure to Northampton to change the Tuesday match to Wednesday. It’s OK for Shrewsbury to say play the next day - they can just send their players home for the night.

In truth, it’s bad weather that’s intervened ... and it’s up to the home team to try and get the game played or postpone at the earliest possible moment. Not an hour before kick off.
This is becoming like a pantomime

OH NO IT ISNT!!!

sorry couldn't help myself :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:41 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:22 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:04 am

This is becoming like a pantomime

OH NO IT ISNT!!!

sorry couldn't help myself :lol:
:)

Next Ipswich manager : Christopher Biggins

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:41 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:17 am
Tinytown wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:

Both clubs then held discussions about playing the match tomorrow, something the EFL gave the green light to, but Ipswich ultimately decided not to go ahead with that plan due to 'logistical' reasons..

Also states Ipswich said they could not prepare properly for the game if they stayed another night.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -on-sunday
Sorry meant to post this which clearly states PL wanted to play.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:47 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:17 am
Tinytown wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:

O’Neill says Lambert suggested to play Sunday.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-ne ... -on-sunday

O’Neill could be taking one for the team, but who knows and it does it matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:33 am

Apologies to Lambert from me then, he's got one thing right at last woohoo,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm

All the way "down" to Shrewsbury from Ipswich, Lee? Get your geography sorted out. You sound like an idiot.