Evans & Lambert to meet next week

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Evans & Lambert to meet next week

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:53 pm

The views are purely based on unwitnessed games being apparently so bad in contrast to last night. Makes no sense.

Don’t think anyone is saying “lamberts here to stay”....... people are saying, (from 2 games) there’s a shift. A false shift? 🤷‍♂️ Who knows. The next 2-3 games may have some answers.

If it ends up, 13 points from 15...... then, well, 🤷‍♂️

And he wouldn’t last half a season in the Tinpot league north of the border, Saint. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:57 pm

To add........ oh man, I’d love and laugh at the cries of grief if the green end of the shithole go for Lambert. :lol: It’d be hilarious.
Part of me wants that to happen.

Can you imagine the pressers after not making the knockout stages:

Chick Young: “Paul? Thought you had experience in this?”

:lol: Hahahaha

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:52 pm

I don’t think Celtic will come within a country mile of Lambo, they at least, should surely be able to see he’s yesterday’s fish and chip paper! But I can tell you just about every Town fan is hoping they do come for him. I see on FB there’s one or two fans even filled up their petrol tank and are ready and waiting in the wings to assist his exit. Suspect Celtic will go for a manger who is high profile, and has dealt with big clubs......oh ( I can see Lambert polishing his ego as I type) !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:52 pm
I don’t think Celtic will come within a country mile of Lambo, they at least, should surely be able to see he’s yesterday’s fish and chip paper! But I can tell you just about every Town fan is hoping they do come for him. I see on FB there’s one or two fans even filled up their petrol tank and are ready and waiting in the wings to assist his exit. Suspect Celtic will go for a manger who is high profile, and has dealt with big clubs......oh ( I can see Lambert polishing his ego as I type) !
Rumours of Rafa Benitez, Hallam.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 am

He's not even on the shortlist to replace Lennon which didnt arrive as anything surprising. Lambert would like a challenge, not much chance of that in a league where only one of two clubs win the championship going back to the mid 1980's.

Problem is he remains with us and after recent scores unable to see any departure in the immediate future. The vacancy at Parkhead will have been filled long before Lambert has cleared his desk here. I'd pack both him and Evans off to Ibrox if possible and watch the carnage unfold although once again its a League set-up low on ambition.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 pm

saint jude wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 am
Lambert would like a challenge.
He’s got one. 🤷‍♂️

Was going to add, he’s got a huge one, but that doesn’t sound right. Family forum.

saint jude wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 am
....chance of that in a league where only one of two clubs win the championship going back to the mid 1980's
Yep. And thanks to them both and the previous now defunct RFC, Scotland national team are now Shyte.
Scotland in the past were a big part of my life, tournaments, World Cup/Euro qualifies etc etc....... but then the three foreigner rule was scrapped and both the Weeg “giants” became foreign. Never forgive the cnuts for that.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:37 pm

The Hoops will probably go for Frank Lumphard to match the Gers Gerhard :shock: well Gerard has turned the Gers around big time :D

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:52 pm
I agree there is no chance whatsoever that they would touch Lambert with a barge pole. They might, however, take a serious look at McCarthy.

He signed a deal with Cardiff to the end of the season only. In his eight games in charge, after losing seven in a row before his appointment, they drew the first two and have now won the next six. He took them from 17th to a playoff position in eight games. Whatever we may think of him, and I was one of those that wanted him gone, he has done an incredible job at Cardiff.

The fact he also played for Celtic is a big plus in his favour. I wouldn't be surprised if they have him firmly in their sights.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:00 pm

I'd take him back in a heartbeat over the tosser we have now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:00 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know full well that you more than ANYONE gave McCarthy the most patience...... but I wonder how many people who were on the receiving end of the “BCWYWF” crew now think the same.
Sorry, warped humour. Shouldn’t even be funny.

Consolation is , fingers crossed, after Saturday’s result, the future will be soooooooo much brighter.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I wouldn't go that far. :)

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:49 pm

I love how Lambert is saying he’s not interested in the Celtic job as if he’s a genuine contender. He knows full well even the Celtic and Dortmund connections won’t fool anyone anymore.

I don’t think steering Ipswich to tenth place in League One gives him much in the way of credentials for a top job.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Bluemike wrote:
:shock: Blasphemy, Blasphemy, Behave yourself BM, I blame Covid for getting at you, too much time on your hands its addling your head.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:56 pm
Bluemike wrote:
:shock: Blasphemy, Blasphemy, Behave yourself BM, I blame Covid for getting at you, too much time on your hands its addling your head.
Sadly I mean it Ash.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:44 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:49 pm
I love how Lambert is saying he’s not interested in the Celtic job as if he’s a genuine contender. He knows full well even the Celtic and Dortmund connections won’t fool anyone anymore.

I don’t think steering Ipswich to tenth place in League One gives him much in the way of credentials for a top job.
He's like the uninvited guest who always shows up to the party. Remember them? :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:43 am

JOHN DEERE wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:31 pm
Bluemike wrote:
I wouldn't go that far. :)
Nor would I. Why get rid of one arrogant Tossa for another? 🤷‍♀️

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 am

tangfastic wrote:

It’s a measure of the mans arrogance. But definitely not his capabilities. I think I read somewhere the Celtic fans are pissing themselves at Lamberts comments . I mean, he actually believes he has some affinity with the fans . Unbelievable!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 am

tangfastic wrote:

It’s a measure of the mans arrogance. But definitely not his capabilities. I think I read somewhere the Celtic fans are pissing themselves at Lamberts comments . I mean, he actually believes he has some affinity with the fans . Unbelievable!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:47 am

Sounds like business as usual.

The chat “not interesting”.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... on-7792384

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 am

Well hopefully the selling of the club wasn't discussed as Lambert will be on his way, on the other hand we're stuck with the prat indefinitely, well Two prats actually.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:09 am

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:47 am

Oh bollards! He’s fully of shyte isn’t he. He’s probably been told to keep his mouth shout. Hopefully he’ll be gone soon.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:50 am

He’s full of shyte even when he keeps his mouth shut, Hallam? :lol: 👍

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:23 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:47 am

"Asked if he could give fans a flavour of what was discussed - was it his comments about the club's structure, the team's form, or plans going forwards? etc - Lambert replied: "It's not interesting! I've got my opinion and he's got his. Let's probably leave it at that. That's probably the best way to do it. It's not interesting.""

In other words He chewed my arse off, and said if you criticise me in public again, I'll Sack you, Sue you, and you'll owe me more money than I'll owe you for sacking you, you b*stard

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:54 pm

How the F**K can you have a meeting that's not interesting to talk about, every news reporter waiting with bated breath for some juicy comments and the P***K comes out with that f*****g tosh, Oh it wasn't interesting at all lads.

Marcus just asked what I had for breakfast, I said the usual bowl gruel, I said what did you have and he replied none of your F*****G business and told me to F**K off back to the training ground, Yeh right :x .

FFS Lambert, we wasn't born yesterday, (it really wasn't anything comments) if so why the F*****G importance of build up spiel last week, of oh I'm meeting Marcus to sort these major internal problems out ?????

What was said was, Oh Paul, I've got some good news and bad news, Good news is I've found an interested yankee doodle dandy party who want to buy us out, the bad news for you is they don't want a useless Pratt like you in charge, now go out there and tell them press boys the real good news of this nothing interesting meeting.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Too much ambiguity, Lambert knows what's going on or his status at the club but once again takes to some stupid-as* response to a set of questions.
Guessing he already has his share of enemies within the fanbase but decides to antagonize people yet again with answers that are simply put, void and ineffective. Lambert is the epitome of vacant so guess a 'non-interesting response' is par for the course. Maybe he's intentionally trying to rile the supporters as a parting shot as he knows he's soon to be replaced. Be problematic and talk sh*t somewhere else is the best solution here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:59 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:50 am
He’s full of shyte even when he keeps his mouth shut, Hallam? :lol: 👍
Lol ain’t that the truth marko 👍 :lol: