Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm

I'm dancing round the lounge, don't let this fall through !!!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pm

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 pm
These rumours are growing even more arms and legs.

https://theathletic.com/news/ipswich-t ... WJOhpdfHzd
So sorry tang I honestly didn’t see your earlier post munchkin x

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 pm
tangfastic wrote:

That's because you only read your posts! :lol: :?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Great news and I assume with Evans writing off his debt we have got a very good chance of success and I would be happy with Paul Cook as manager, Happy Days to come😂😂

No wonder PL has been so happy lately.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Cook is the manager I wanted so this could be win win

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... rt-7793832

Guess the cat is out of the bag now then guys.... :x :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:43 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:31 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 pm
tangfastic wrote:

That's because you only read your posts! :lol: :?
You’re joking aren’t you , lol, I wouldn’t read my posts if you paid me :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 pm
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... rt-7793832

Guess the cat is out of the bag now then guys.... :x :lol:
This is the most informative article yet. I'm actually starting to believe this could happen!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:59 pm

I’m not sure I like the sound of a buyer using money coming from a Pension Fund, that’s not ideal funding at all and a football club, especially not one at our level which is the last place a pension fund should be investing in. Ideally we want a single family or small group of billionaires who can risk a few millions buying a football club and risk some of it causing no harm if it evaporates.

If I were responsible for the due diligence of this consortium I would be very suspicious of their appropriateness without a lot more detail.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:59 pm
I’m not sure I like the sound of a buyer using money coming from a Pension Fund, that’s not ideal funding at all and a football club, especially not one at our level which is the last place a pension fund should be investing in. Ideally we want a single family or small group of billionaires who can risk a few millions buying a football club and risk some of it causing no harm if it evaporates.

If I were responsible for the due diligence of this consortium I would be very suspicious of their appropriateness without a lot more detail.
I think they’ve got recent history with soccer teams in America and Denmark. And they’ve done OK with what I’ve heard. That must counts positively towards due diligence.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t gamble my pension on Town.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:29 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:11 pm
Charnwood wrote:

I think they’ve got recent history with soccer teams in America and Denmark. And they’ve done OK with what I’ve heard. That must counts positively towards due diligence.

To be honest Tang my comment was made without much reading or research, I just spotted that “much of the cash will come from the pension fund for the fire and police services of a so-far unnamed US state”. This in my opinion isn’t a great resource to fund the acquisition of a League One football club, and from my limited knowledge of Pension Fund Investments, every transaction such as transfers etc would require the sign off of the Pension Fund Trustees. Maybe I’m being overly suspicious, probably best I take a look at their track record elsewhere.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:29 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:11 pm
Charnwood wrote:

To be honest Tang my comment was made without much reading or research, I just spotted that “much of the cash will come from the pension fund for the fire and police services of a so-far unnamed US state”. This in my opinion isn’t a great resource to fund the acquisition of a League One football club, and from my limited knowledge of Pension Fund Investments, every transaction such as transfers etc would require the sign off of the Pension Fund Trustees. Maybe I’m being overly suspicious, probably best Zi take a look at their track record elsewhere.
To be honest Charners, I’m only reading the stuff that has just been very abruptly brought up. No research on my part. It looks like it’s going ahead... but who knows. It’s time for a change and hopefully this group is savvy when it comes to running a football club.. Theyre in it for the money obviously and they could drop us pretty quickly if it’s not going well.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Looks like it isn't going ahead going by the club statement

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 pm

Superchef1

Post by Superchef1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:19 pm

Sorry guys, but i cant see this being true! Or seems too good to be true, but time will tell :)

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:34 pm

I kept looking on Sky sports and thought I don't like the fact that nothing is being said it seems my fears are right.😩

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Some are suggesting the. Lib might be constrained by a no disclosure clause so have had to release that statement ...another fan said this

My god, we have some stupid fans. What else are the club going to say? They are not in a position to confirm or deny anything until Evan's says it's ok to do so. Thus, theyve made a statement, using the words evans said a while back, that hes not actively looking to sell.....

Who knows any more 🤷‍♀️

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Hopefully no smoke without fire 🔥

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:08 pm

'Anything is better than Marcus Evans' is in truth hyperbole. Never taken to him and can't abide the name half the time but got to imagine could have been a far worse state of affairs since coming in. Seems a lot underway in the last few hours at the club but once again you can't get the answers you require. Not keen on an American based new ownership, I go with reason not nationality and it carries it own excess luggage as read elsewhere. Some message / statement that Evans isn't even prepared to sell up also ? Hard to know what the f*ck is going on sometimes. Best guess he's made a decision to leave and hand ownership elsewhere but it's one of the scenarios yet again where the fans don't get to view or see the whole picture. You only get the final outcome when something has been finalized. Up 'til then it's something of a guessing game.

Lambert to quit also was it, just seems bizarre two major incidents underway at the same time and we don't get to know the full story. If nothing comes of these issues someone's got some serious explaining. I do believe something is in progress within the club structure but as often it's a waiting game and being led in various direction.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:58 am

In truth Saint, no one knows . It is all speculation but the Club don’t help with their approach towards the fans. Maybe they can’t because they’re not allowed to under the supposed negotiations. I honestly don’t know. But that little line .... no smoke without fire , probably does hold true . Hopefully we’ll know one way or the other in the coming days ...

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:48 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 pm
Looks like it isn't going ahead going by the club statement
I don’t think Phil Hamm on TWTD would have posted that article if there wasn’t anything in the rumours.
After all that is a bold call to make on a whim.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:56 am

I bloody hope so Jacko cus my mood has dipped alarmingly again.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:39 am

Well ( hope this link comes out alright ), take a look at this video of Towns potential new owner. Stay with it right through if you can ... and note he says “ they copy and paste” , their project development ideals to various cities in the USA.

Now IF he is about to buy Evans out .... he could potentially transform this Club ( and the area in Ipswich ) because he’s thinking FAR FAR bigger than just taking over a “ football club”. But this is what he’s already done to great success in America, where “ soccer” is not the nations primary sport .

https://youtu.be/7gCG6jY3vDI

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:12 am

I watched a Blue Monday podcast last night which was hastily put together just for the takeover talk.

Interesting enough and they’d done their homework .. but they were talking as if it’s a done deal. That Cook is on board and Lambert will go in the next couple of days. That’s encouraging enough, but those same people have been saying Lambert will be fired for the last two or three months. And Lambert is still here.

I think there’s something in this, but where Marcus Evans is concerned- who knows what he’s thinking. He’s the bloke who gave Lambert a five year contract, rather than sacking him.

I’m optimistic this will go ahead, but not getting carried away yet.

Evans saying he’s not actively seeking a buyer could easily be put down to as part of the negotiations. I would have thought Evans will jump at the chance of getting rid of the club. He’s obviously lost interest and it must also be a miserable experience to be an owner of this club - losing money and being a target for disenchanted fans as well as offering up poor quality mid table L1 football.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:31 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:56 am
I bloody hope so Jacko cus my mood has dipped alarmingly again.
This is what Phil Ham posted .....re The Clubs statement yesterday

“Not really saying anything is it? If there was nothing happening, then you'd assume that given the widespread nature of the reports they'd issue something to say as much. But they've not.

You may well be right there's some element of public negotiation/posturing. Perhaps Marcus hasn't decided whether he's going to accept the offer of course. Perhaps he's making a point to the interested parties - the US group or others - that it's not done yet.”

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:41 am

Another thing to consider here is Paul Cook!
He doesn’t strike me the sort of person to sit quietly while his name is bandied about willy nilly by all and sundry.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:30 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 pm
Just f*ck off Evans.....

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post463802

Of course he's not looking to sell the club. If the rumours are true he's already sold the club.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 pm

Just watching Soccer Saturday, and the guy who's commentating on the town game mentioned the rumour of the take over,
to which Jeff Stelling replied "take over imminent"

Could this be a SSN slip of the news they know is gonna happen?