Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Was interested to hear Jim White say we have the strongest squad in League One, I still thinks that is definitely the case, the big problem is they aren't playing anywhere like it and that surely has to come down to poor management again, with tactics, motivation, formations, training methods, man management, squad harmony etc etc etc.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 pm
Was interested to hear Jim White say we have the strongest squad in League One, I still thinks that is definitely the case, the big problem is they aren't playing anywhere like it and that surely has to come down to poor management again, with tactics, motivation, formations, training methods, man management, squad harmony etc etc etc.
Also interesting to hear that for the first time in 30 years, no Ipswich Town lads from 13 years old and up are anywhere near the England squad. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with Bryan Klug......., but probably an Xbox combined KFC issue.

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 pm
Also interesting to hear that for the first time in 30 years, no Ipswich Town lads from 13 years old and up are anywhere near the England squad. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with Bryan Klug......., but probably an Xbox combined KFC issue.
I don’t think that stat is significant. This season, Dozzell and Downes are too old for England under 20’s. But they’re playing regularly for our first team. And quite a few others, too... hmmmmm....

I’d prefer our academy players play regularly for the first team rather than England age group teams. It hasn’t helped us in the past years if we’ve had kids play for England. And we’ve had a few 15/16 yr old kids nicked by Man City, Arsenal, etc.

I think Kluggy’s halo is just still intact for the moment - but if Lambert stays any longer he’ll doubtless become a target as Lambert can’t be held accountable.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:40 pm
I am sure whatever happens, he will soon get the chop :lol:
:lol:

Mutton dressed as Lambert?
:lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm
......And we’ve had a few 15/16 yr old kids nicked by Man City, Arsenal, etc....
That is quite a significant fact omitted by White. Wonder if he knows this. Why the f*ck miss that out if bringing up the England thing? Jaysus H Christ, no wonder I stay away from most publications and podcasts.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm

Baggott plays for some obscure country as does Dobra, they just aren't English