Team going into next game - conundrum?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Team going into next game - conundrum?

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:05 pm

The team appears to have turned a corner over the last two games - are we about to start to realise our true potential?

So the $60m question is would you change the team for next game? Would you for instance drop one of the midfielders that played last night and put in Downes?
Would you drop Bennetts and bring in Edwards?

What would you do ..... and why?

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Team going into next game - conundrum?

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Hallam????

Where is the conundrum?

Don’t say there is going to be a countdown type quiz and then just.......... nothing !!! Hashtag:devastated!! 🤦‍♂️ :D

Seriously though. I have managed to see Downes in the past and for me was light years ahead of anyone in that team, (2019), maybe only Edwards being close that particular day.
Couldn’t quite work out what Edwards actual job was last night apart from being a “fresh pair of legs”.
To answer the question....... whoever would be a direct replacement for Bennetts, do that. Then keep it the same. And give Troy Parrott heaps of encouragement pre kick off....... looks like he may need it, but there is a decent football player in there. A good manager will get him playing.
If the truth were known, and not to stereotype too much, but i reckon “Millwall fans” weren’t the environment for Troy.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:26 pm

I would change Bennett's for Edwards for sure and keep everything else exactly as it was last night.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:33 pm

should never ever change a winning team - however, I would bring in Edwards for Judge because Judge is crap

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:26 pm
I would change Bennett's for Edwards for sure and keep everything else exactly as it was last night.
100% agree. Bennetts did nothing last night how he stayed on all game I don't know. Yes, he get into good position but as mick Mills said , step over step over fall over. What the deal with KVY? hes been out for so long, with his crossing ability and kenlocks rise in form I think a front two would score for fun.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:18 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm
Hallam????

Where is the conundrum?

Don’t say there is going to be a countdown type quiz and then just.......... nothing !!! Hashtag:devastated!! 🤦‍♂️ :D

Seriously though. I have managed to see Downes in the past and for me was light years ahead of anyone in that team, (2019), maybe only Edwards being close that particular day.
Couldn’t quite work out what Edwards actual job was last night apart from being a “fresh pair of legs”.
To answer the question....... whoever would be a direct replacement for Bennetts, do that. Then keep it the same. And give Troy Parrott heaps of encouragement pre kick off....... looks like he may need it, but there is a decent football player in there. A good manager will get him playing.
If the truth were known, and not to stereotype too much, but i reckon “Millwall fans” weren’t the environment for Troy.
Great post marko 👍 loved it. And I think you’re bang on re Millwall fans...and feel free to stereotype, coz do you know a “nice”Millwall fan? Lol ......rossi will probably now tell me he has half a dozen great friends who are all Millwall fans !!

I’m with you and BM on replacing Bennett’s, (probably with Edwards). I ask myself the question, (in ref to Rossi’s post), who out of Bennetts or Judge is more likely to have a good game and influence a game? I’d say Judge based on more recent performances. Bennett’s just doesn’t do it for me, and I’m actually annoyed that he’s in the side even above the likes of Dobra or Lankester.

I’m actually afraid that Lambert will “ meddle “ with the side now, on the back of the ready made excuse “ games on Sat-Tues-Sat” ....just play the best 11 and if they get tired or look like they’re struggling, then sub them. The one player I’d be bricking that he wasn’t fit , is Norwood because without him we are toothless up front. And his presence, elevates the whole side IMO.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:18 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm
Hallam????

Where is the conundrum?

Great post marko 👍 loved it. And I think you’re bang on re Millwall fans...and feel free to stereotype, coz do you know a “nice”Millwall fan? Lol ......rossi will probably now tell me he has half a dozen great friends who are all Millwall fans !!

I’m with you and BM on replacing Bennett’s, (probably with Edwards). I ask myself the question, (in ref to Rossi’s post), who out of Bennetts or Judge is more likely to have a good game and influence a game? I’d say Judge based on more recent performances. Bennett’s just doesn’t do it for me, and I’m actually annoyed that he’s in the side even above the likes of Dobra or Lankester.

I’m actually afraid that Lambert will “ meddle “ with the side now, on the back of the ready made excuse “ games on Sat-Tues-Sat” ....just play the best 11 and if they get tired or look like they’re struggling, then sub them. The one player I’d be bricking that he wasn’t fit , is Norwood because without him we are toothless up front. And his presence, elevates the whole side IMO.
For me, just go with the same team. Simply because one of Lambert’s faults is he overthinks and complicates things. He’s not the tactician he thinks he is. It’s bloody League One and we’re not Man City. At least, Bennetts is positive and gets in good positions. It’s his final decision-making thats in question. And also start with Judge - maybe he’s helping Kenlock out and covering for him on the left. Just go with it.

And agree about Norwood. If possible, sub him after 60-70 mins because he’s likely to pick up an injury and he’s too crucial for the team at the moment. No offence to Drinan, but he’s all energy and endeavour, but can’t see a goal there.
Keep it simple.. same team... and sub players if and when needed.

khurst_848

Post by khurst_848 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:54 pm

Can’t see chambers doing three games in a week, also they need to be careful on Norwood

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:25 pm

I too would replace Bennetts with Edwards. All tricks and no end product. The danger is if you know he’ll either run till he loses it out his cross will go to the corner flag rather than the penalty area, you tend to give up the moment he has the ball.