Ipswich Town vs Doncaster Rovers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Back to Back wins?

Town Win
47%
Donny Win
40%
Draw
13%

Total votes: 15

hallamblue

Re: Ipswich Town vs Doncaster Rovers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:34 pm

We actually look worse with Downes on

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Town cruising, Lambert makes 2subs of wrong players, now the last 15 minutes have been sh*te so he uses all 5. Total upset of the team balance

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Keep the bloody ball Town ffs !!!
Off comes a good player THATS our hold up player gone .. backs against the wall for us now

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:43 pm

Squeaky bum time yet again😱

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:46 pm

sh*t they got one back, need to focus a little more on what's going on out there. Was giving Lambert plaudits just now, may have to reverse the decision if we throw this away. Just seeing out the final moments now, hope to hold out for the win obviously. Its been an encourging set of results for the most part just recent.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Defending very well

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:53 pm

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

Great defensive performance Town 👍👍👍

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:53 pm

Get in :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:54 pm

Well done Town, ground out a good win, defensively very disciplined and solid

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:55 pm

EXTREMELY F CKED OFF Hibs fan in peace....... very well done. Two top teams in a row.
Genius Lambert, you dour, depressing as fk Scottish Cnut. 👍👌
👏👏👏

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:56 pm

Another quality win for Town today.
Other results going their way also.
Starting to get a bit of momentum at the right time of the season.
Maybe this Lambert guy knows a thing or two after all ?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:01 pm

And it's over, we got a win. first impression well done, I don't have the full picture as to what occurred out there but two wins and three draws from the last five is indeed encouraging. Has the team turned a corner, can't say as yet but things are looking better than a month back. Don't like to talk on the promotion issue but you got to believe if scores continue as they are we got a good chance here.

Lambert could even get a manager of the month award or something, seems absurd from a few weeks back. Evans to keep him on and not sell-up ? Too many uncertainties right now, I need to focus on what occurs on the field rather than events off it maybe. Catch up with reports and response at a later time but today was better once again.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Well there is the proof PL that possession does not win games shame it has took you so long to realise. Well down Town.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:09 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:01 pm
And it's over, we got a win. first impression well done, I don't have the full picture as to what occurred out there but two wins and three draws from the last five is indeed encouraging. Has the team turned a corner, can't say as yet but things are looking better than a month back. Don't like to talk on the promotion issue but you got to believe if scores continue as they are we got a good chance here.

Lambert could even get a manager of the month award or something, seems absurd from a few weeks back. Evans to keep him on and not sell-up ? Too many uncertainties right now, I need to focus on what occurs on the field rather than events off it maybe. Catch up with reports and response at a later time but today was better once again.
Its the scale of the abuse that is absurd.
Players fit again, covid out the way.
Team getting some good wins, confidence returning.
Long way to go this season but right time to be running into form.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:20 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:09 pm
saint jude wrote:

No offence but bollocks. Cracking start to the season as usual but since October town had been found out. Lambert too stubborn to change until it was inevitable. 3 good results out of 2 and a half years of chopping and changing is poor. Lambert still needs to go

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:22 pm

Blimey

Some called for Downs to come on, he came on then PL got blasted for bringing him on.

Got to laugh I suppose

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:24 pm

It has been a while since we scored two goals. Well done, lads! Keep it going!

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:25 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:20 pm
valleyroad wrote:
saint jude wrote:

No offence but bollocks. Cracking start to the season as usual but since October town had been found out. Lambert too stubborn to change until it was inevitable. 3 good results out of 2 and a half years of chopping and changing is poor. Lambert still needs to go
I don't take offense, just opinions :D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Nice one, Lambo. Setting it up nicely for Cooky.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 pm

OMG Lambo interview now on Suffolk Radio, appears to have almost confirmed that a take over is happening. He said he “knows no more that you guys”(Sfk radio), but the Club needs it, the club needs a takeover" "99.9% , but i won't be here" the club needs investment, but you need to ask Marcus”..... when asked , “you’d like to finish the job wouldn’t you?” ....” well That’s football”, ( Lambert )).

It’s going to happen. Isn’t it!,

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:54 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:25 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:20 pm
valleyroad wrote:

I don't take offense, just opinions :D
Thumbs up

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:11 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 pm
OMG Lambo interview now on Suffolk Radio, appears to have almost confirmed that a take over is happening. He said he “knows no more that you guys”(Sfk radio), but the Club needs it, the club needs a takeover" "99.9% , but i won't be here" the club needs investment, but you need to ask Marcus”..... when asked , “you’d like to finish the job wouldn’t you?” ....” well That’s football”, ( Lambert )).

It’s going to happen. Isn’t it!,
Liz I've checked with companies house re the registration of Gamechanger 20 Ltd and its been registered since July 2020 with Brett Mathew Johnson as a shareholder amongst 4 others, they haven't filed any accounts as none are due yet until 2022 a year in arrears.

So I think it will all kick off well within the next month once all the paper work is completed and shares exchanged - 5% Marcus is retaining, an initial 17.5 million payment building up to 30 million over a period of time.

As i have stated WTF would you register your company at companies house if you were not going to use it at some point in time. :roll: so hopefully it should be a goer :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:32 pm

You’re kidding me AB??? :shock: :shock:

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:52 pm

I don't know what to say really. Great result. Great defending.
Did we have a midfield out there? I'm a big fan of Dozzell's but he uses the ball rather than winning. Today he was poor because he hardly got on the ball as we went long so much. Norwood worked hard but was less effective than last game. Our passing accuracy at half time was just over 50% which is an indication of that - long ball largely ineffective. Great free kick from Judge who also took the best corners we have had for years.

Great to watch because it was edge-of-the-seat stuff (more like hiding behind the sofa). Great result, great defending couples with a bit of good fortune, but the performance didn't match Tuesday's and the quality of football from us wasn't great.

Not sure who beyond the back 5 played well . But we got the result we needed. Not only that but Luton came back from 2 down to win 3-2. Happy days

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:58 pm

I was watching Wilson today. Thought he was superb. He is part for the reason why zKe lock is doing so well. If ever Kenlock gets forward, Wilson manages to play full back as well as central defender. Outstanding game.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Had to LOL at your hiding behind the sofa :lol: :lol: ... I’ll confess now that I had to leave the room as couldn’t stand the tension .... I’ve never made adding up last 5 mins before ha ha .... then I crept back in the room to sneak a peep at my iPad. No crowd so couldn’t gauge if we’d let the second goal in ..,,, did a jig round the room when that whistle went though 👍👍

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:32 pm
Sorry Liz but it's all down in black and white it's as true as I message to you ok, I went through my old registered company account, if you want proof I can provide it for you, it's an 18 page Companies House document😊

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 am

Managed to get highlights but the duration never tells the whole story. Contrasting goals we got through Judge and the scramble effort from Norwood. May have been a touch fortunate to win but that was the case with Hull also. Some may now view Lambert in a different light but for me little to nothing has changed in that he's simply an ineffective name that has invariably brought poor score and performance. Last few results have been better but not so easy to overlook all that has gone before it. Not going to change opinion on the basis of a handful of scores amid the bigger picture.

Like McCarthy, when Lambert does depart you can move on and not look back. Right now he remains with us, messages and intended action are vague and misleading, wish to hell they would just get on and finalize the damn thing but for now you can only praise or criticize the personnel that is part of the club structure.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:36 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sorry Liz but it's all down in black and white it's as true as I message to you ok, I went through my old registered company account, if you want proof I can provide it for you, it's an 18 page Companies House document😊
Ha ha no I’m pleased you’ve spotted it. Just hope it means it’s more likely now 🤞🤞

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:36 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 am
hallamblue wrote:
Ha ha no I’m pleased you’ve spotted it. Just hope it means it’s more likely now 🤞🤞
Liz it will happen within March time, Lambert will get a £2 million pay off and Paul cook will be installed as the new manager ok 👍👌😉