Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will the momentum keep going?

Accrington Win
28%
Ipswich Win
50%
Draw
22%

Total votes: 18

hallamblue

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:55 pm

How long to go guys ???

3 more mins

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Just need to see this one out.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:00 pm

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS ANOTHER WIN GO BOYS 👍👍👍😘

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Get in !!!! Not great but well done Town, Toto awesome last 25 mins

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:02 pm

That'll do! 👍

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 pm

Well that team tonight have done Dobra's chances of a game a world of good.
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 pm

Definitely looks like our lucky night for a change. 👍

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:04 pm

All about results at this time in the season and Ipswich are doing that.
Cook just needs to build on this and Town are bang in the hunt.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Weary legs tonight an explanation for performance?

Well played though lads

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:08 pm

nice to get 3 wins on the bounce, but feel we made really hard work of it tonight.

Up to 7th, but I think Paul Cook has his work cut out to achieve promotion with this squad

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:08 pm

Happy with the win but not the performance but a win is a win. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 pm

Yes, well done on the win troops, however difficult you made it. Could've been 6-1 with the missed chances.

Gillingham stopping the run? Nae danger. Four in a row come Saturday …, and hey, if its not ---->> Cooks fault.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 pm

There’s a Town fan ( based in the USA) on Suffolk radio right now talking like Brett Johnson has taken ownership of the Club. Speaks in glowing terms of the man

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Well I've just looked at the remaining fixtures and I reckon we can win every one in April, not kidding either.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:18 pm

You’re pissed again Mike aren’t you :lol:

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm
Well I've just looked at the remaining fixtures and I reckon we can win every one in April, not kidding either.
Thats great, as long as we win enough points in march to keep up. Over to mr cook! Coybs

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:31 pm

That 2nd half was awful. So many underperforming. They say playing against 10 men is difficult. It disrupts your pattern of play. Also so many really good chances not taken-however being in the positions to take those chances is a distinct improvement. And we won!! COYB

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:46 pm

After the sending off we played it on the floor and deserved to be winning by half time. But second half and we went back to hoofing high balls. We were never going to win them.

Typical league 1 / Sunday league football. Stanley were no better than us, just bigger and stronger I think. Nsiala or best player, Kenlock less impressive tonight. Our worst performers on the night were Bennetts and Dozzell.

That’s 2 unimpressive wins in succession. But 6 points are 6 points, and we creep up the league.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm
I did the same a week back and I agree with you. Every one of these games is winnable and with Cook barking the orders as he does, could be very interesting end to the season.
All the teams round about Ipswich are dropping points to teams at every level in the league.
Its all up for grabs

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03 am

Let's remember one or two weeks back we were still effectively sh*t, can recall a no score draw with Northampton at home that caused a certain furore. Point being today and most recent games have been encouraging but not going to subscribe to any group that insists we're now able / about to, emulate the wonder times of the early 1980's. All right that's an exaggeration will admit it, only don't like to get ahead of oneself and start making plans or having ideas about something that could be in all truth many years away. Team has turned a corner the last few weeks, still been fortunate here and there and there (still) hasn't (always) been the commitment that all would wish to see, from what I've read on today's game we once again struggled at times to make an impact and as often showed lackluster in parts. Not so much a criticism only what you feel fair observation.

Somehow I knew without seeing score that we'd won, just the feeling you get. Cleared out the garbage with Lambert, the Evans nightmare could once and for all see some resolution in the time ahead. Maybe it wasn't nothing pretty or grinded out a result but a victory all the same. Try not to look at the league placings even though the team is picking up points along the way once again. It's the hope that kills you, don't want to prepare or ready for something that can just as easily not occur or miss out altogether. Would like to make it obviously but been with it long enough to have an understanding of what to expect. New manager / owner group notwithstanding.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 am

I was very disappointed with the second half. I know it can be difficult playing against 10 men, but that use because they sit back to stop your scoring. That wasn’t the case last night, Stanley looked the better and more dangerous side second half.

The positives were how many chances we created after the sending off in the remainder of the first half, and for once we did what you have to do - score while you are in top.

Onwards and upwards.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 am

It's the 4th games in 10 days for most of those players. It will be one of PC's challenges to figure out how to rest and rotate them over the next two months to keep them fresh. I don't really blame them for sitting back on the lead, if that's what they did.

By the way Accrington started the game ahead of us in the table so they are not so bad themselves. Maybe they upped their game too in H2?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 am

Andym wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 am
I was very disappointed with the second half. I know it can be difficult playing against 10 men, but that use because they sit back to stop your scoring. That wasn’t the case last night, Stanley looked the better and more dangerous side second half.

The positives were how many chances we created after the sending off in the remainder of the first half, and for once we did what you have to do - score while you are in top.

Onwards and upwards.
I thought that was also a very poor second half. We seem to lack that bit of nous in the team. We’ve been moaning about slow, predictable possession football, but in the second half we could have done with some of that to slow the play down. I didn’t see where we had the man advantage. When Toto and Wilson are again MOTM’s, then it’s likely that it’s backs to the wall defending and against 10 men it didn’t have to be. Another 3 points, though, which is the important thing.
It could be good for Cook to see us struggle a bit - but also win - as he might be able to improve things sooner. We seem to lack that bit of experience in the side where we can control and manage games better, yet we’ve got some experienced players in the side.
I think it’s time to freshen up the team a bit. Be interesting to see the team on Saturday - Cook’s first team selection.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 am
It's the 4th games in 10 days for most of those players. It will be one of PC's challenges to figure out how to rest and rotate them over the next two months to keep them fresh. I don't really blame them for sitting back on the lead, if that's what they did.

By the way Accrington started the game ahead of us in the table so they are not so bad themselves. Maybe they upped their game too in H2?
I think that is spot on. We’ve never beaten them at their place and they really are your classic 8n yer face league one outfit . All credit to them, they make it very hard. I’ll be honest here and say we might well have lost that game had they not gone down to 10 men AND lost their GK. They’re a fiesty side make no mistake. But I also think a lot of our players looked like it was their 4th game in 10 days. Very leg weary some of them. I’m expecting a few changes for the next game if I’m being honest. This will show how good we are as a squad in trying to maintain this current form.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:01 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 am
But I also think a lot of our players looked like it was their 4th game in 10 days. Very leg weary some of them. I’m expecting a few changes for the next game if I’m being honest.
That’s true. And I don’t think it will have helped that it looked a very heavy pitch, lots of mud and little grass.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:11 am

I think there will have been nerves out there too what with Paul Cook looking on, Kenlock definitely looked nervy early doors as did a couple of others.

We weren't great but as has been said by others a hectic spell and decent opponents shouldn't be undermined, it's been a bit of a topsy-turvy week for everyone but we ground it out so fair play to the lads on this occasion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:
I think that is spot on. We’ve never beaten them at their place and they really are your classic 8n yer face league one outfit . All credit to them, they make it very hard. I’ll be honest here and say we might well have lost that game had they not gone down to 10 men AND lost their GK. They’re a fiesty side make no mistake. But I also think a lot of our players looked like it was their 4th game in 10 days. Very leg weary some of them. I’m expecting a few changes for the next game if I’m being honest. This will show how good we are as a squad in trying to maintain this current form.
Come on! You’re always honest are you not? Sometimes too honest! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Lying bugger !!!! :wink:

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:50 pm

Watching the game last night with no commentary,it sounded like most of the Stanley side had tourettes.My favourite quote of the evening was,get the the Fcuking ball off him,he will probably give it ya anyway,yes must of been difficult to play against.
Last edited by Magicmark on Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:53 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:14 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Come on! You’re always honest are you not? Sometimes too honest! :lol:
Lol Yes I think I am too honest sometimes marko yer fat , one legged , skanky bas* .....😇 gets me in no end of trouble .....

And you can’t shut it Mike :lol: