Email from Evans tonight

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Email from Evans tonight

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:08 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post464968

Just been posted on twtd. I’ve had my email....absolutely f**king gutted. Can’t understand what’s going on at this Club anymore.

Just f*ck off Evans.

Someone has posted this on twtd....

“ He's asking for a better offer, the part in stars is key.

I have had detailed offers for the Club past and present but there has been nothing brand new in the last 12 months, though a number of those with historic interest come back from time to time and *****there is nothing that is currently acceptable to me or the Club ***** and I reiterate that any decision that needs to be made by me will be based on what is right in the long term.

This is just another part of negotiations.”

Beggars belief that Evans is doing business like this in public so to speak. What a bloody arse hole he is .
Last edited by hallamblue on Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucy

Re: Email from Evans tonight

Post by lucy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:12 pm

Yes just got this Email too. Haven't read yet but i guess it isn't good Reading.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 pm

Personally I don't see the problem with this message. Evans could very well be thinking in what he considers to be the best interests of the club. Who would we be to argue with his inside information. Certainly no reason to insult him IMO. The message isn't a bargaining chip but there could well be some bargaining going on in parallel.

Hold your horses everyone and just let this play out. It isn't the case that any old potential buyer would be good for the club. I think we have to trust ME on that, even if we might judge it differently.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 pm

What an idiot that bloke is, if he's doing this as a stunt to twist arms, then what a way to make things blow up in your face. I'm sure and hope he gets hounded out of the club if he doesn't sell soon.

He doesn't deserve to own this club, it's a privilege not a burden, the money was your risk to take, idiot, its not the clubs fault its hurt your wallet, it's not the fans fault for anything and they owe you nothing, least not thanks. Now f*ck off and take any trace of your legacy with you.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:38 pm

I think its a negotiating position. He has an offer but its not quite right yet. Add to this that he is trying to compensate ST holders, get ST renewals, support a new management team AND get the bidders to move closer to his position. He is keeping all of the plates spinning until they meet what he wants (or at least closer to it). Thats my take 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 pm
Personally I don't see the problem with this message. Evans could very well be thinking in what he considers to be the best interests of the club. Who would we be to argue with his inside information. Certainly no reason to insult him IMO. The message isn't a bargaining chip but there could well be some bargaining going on in parallel.

Hold your horses everyone and just let this play out. It isn't the case that any old potential buyer would be good for the club. I think we have to trust ME on that, even if we might judge it differently.
But is he doing it for the good of the club , or more likely himself? I’m annoyed that he is using the fans as a pawn in his “ negotiations”. One minute I think he’s half decent , the next , he’s an arse hole for doing what’s he’s doing. He’s not a multi millionaire for nothing is he. How about just plain RUTHLESS. Is that a nice person in your book ?

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:44 pm

Doesn't he spout the same bollocks everytime he appoints a new manager?

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Hallam... chill... please. He is a business man (and a very successful one) who is under NDA and negotiating in an environment of a multitude of different dynamics. What do you expect him to say? Say what is happening and show his hand, say nothing and he leaves things to chance action on the part of the bidder or put out a statement like this which lets the bidder know very clearly where he stands but without talking directly to them. The ball is very much in their court after this statement - I actually think it is a shrewd move. Don't let the emotion of all of this (which we are all inclined to do) take away from the business positioning. Hold your nerve and all will be good....but its not done until its done!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Shrewd for him, he's hiding behind pretending to 'do the right thing for the club', whereas he's just trying to get the best deal for himself. Also we have missed out on many many players in the years because he has negotiated too arrogantly and they've walked away, the same can happen here, that would not be shrewd.

Negotiate away, but don't do it in public and don't keep saying the same old rubbish to 'keep the fans informed and happy', want to make them happy? Sign the deal.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm

Has he been negotiating in public, Ricco? Or is it the people, (like the ones Ashfordblue knows) who can't hold their water?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm

I think we’re on a winner here, Trig.... play it nice and cool , son... nice and cool.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Who knows his motives but I did not say he was negotiating in public. I said it was a negotiating position which is subtly different. Lets see how it plays out but the shrewdness comes from a message that pacifies all interested parties, whilst saying nothing in reality to them, other than 'Mr Bidder, you are not where you need to be just yet so don't think its a done deal!' All that done in one statement...

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Not a statement though BW, but a “ letter” to every season ticket holder.....that to me is putting it out there in the public domain. He knows full well what the fans response will be and it’s now splattered all over forums and no doubt FB. So he’s got it out there in the public domain hasn’t he.

Ps Im slightly more chilled......but not much :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm
I think we’re on a winner here, Trig.... play it nice and cool , son... nice and cool.
Got it in one :lol:

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm

I think it’s good that he says something. Whatever it is.

He must be really suffering with lockdown, and I suspect he needs to sell to get some income. I think he’s probably sending out a message to say he needs a better offer. Whatever, he had put millions into the club. Yes, he’s made some very poor decisions but without him, where would we be?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm
He must be really suffering with lockdown, and I suspect he needs to sell to get some income.
:lol: He's worth just shy of a billion!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:18 pm

I'm not reading it in any other way other than its a f**king disaster, he's not being shrewd in negotiations at all, nor is he keeping his cards close to his chest, the truth is he doesn't want to sell, never has and probably won't for years.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:23 pm

We just have to let it play out. Nowt more any of us can do so no point getting stressed about it!

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm
I think it’s good that he says something. Whatever it is.

He must be really suffering with lockdown, and I suspect he needs to sell to get some income. I think he’s probably sending out a message to say he needs a better offer. Whatever, he had put millions into the club. Yes, he’s made some very poor decisions but without him, where would we be?
Your last sentence is spot on: where would we be, if still in existence?

I think it's a pity that Lambert going & this takeover talk have both come along at the same time. The two matters are clearly not linked and I am thankful that the managerial issue at least has been solved. Also, as Evans says, not all takeovers work out for the best. I would rather he does as he says and waits for the right offer (for all parties) to come along.

Hyper0blue

Post by Hyper0blue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 pm

Will there be any point in existing once Evans takes us into non league?

We are only heading down with that idiot in charge.

Unfortunately, a lot of brainwashed fans will just love the fact he sent them an email.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:00 am

Re: Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Charnwood Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:46 pm

... and more takeovers collapse at the final hurdle than those that complete. We’ll soon have a better idea when we see how quickly or not Paul Cook is appointed. If Marcus Evans is staying the appointment can go through swiftly, if Evans is selling Paul Cooks appointment will most likely be delayed until the takeover has been completed.

As I warned on Monday, any swift appointment of Paul Cook pretty much confirmed that our Football Club is still in the clutches of Marcus Evans, and to be fair to him if the takeover involved him writing off £100m of debt who are we to tell him he’s got it wrong. At least all the publicity puts us firmly in the shop window and let’s any prospective buyer know that Evans is willing to write off the debt as part of the deal. Sunderland had many false dawns before their recent takeover came to fruition, maybe our latest collapsed deal won’t be the end of it.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 am

I thought we were rid of his as* only a few days back, seeing today's news is indeed tough to stomach. I don't have another 13 years but suppose for arguments sake Evans remains in place for the time ahead that he's already been in ownership. All right the chances are remote but may as well explore every avenue.

(I) Read some response on TWTD and some of the comments are bizarre. Seems a majority are actually in favor of wanting the owner to stay as he is and elevated about today's statement, whereas these were the same names that one, two weeks back who couldn't get rid of the sumbitch fast enough. You got to believe the Lambert exit has pacified a great many, any animosity has quietened since the departure. Would have been worth the price of seeing reaction about Evans news today had Lambert still remained in place.

I try to look for the positives amid adversity so can only imagine Evans is holding out until we're a Championship team once again where the club will be a more attractive proposition to potential buyers. We got a play-off shot underway - I don't believe we'll make it - could argue wouldn't want to jeopardize it right now with selling to a new buyer and overriding what goes on at pitch level. He stated he had no intention of selling at any time of the past 13 years, taking fans for fools in a sense. Really should have gone by the wayside a long time before now. Am F'kin tired of reiterating the same points whether anyone focuses or not but once again, and as alluded to by others, this club can never hope to feasibly compete so long as the Marcus Evans name remains in place here.

Wasn't keen on the one or two takeover rumors or intended consortiums that were said imminent to replace him - guess that's not going ahead right now - but would have been prepared to chance it over a near decade and half of total misadventure. Evans likes to come out every once and a while with a pavlovian statement or news that seems guaranteed to have fans swarming in circles, I think sometimes he just craves for response. You just got to imagine or know any damn takeover deal will occur it's just a matter of knowing when and not if.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:03 am

I may get shot down in flames here, but while I would love to see a takeover, and while our stock has plummeted to new depths under ME's ownership, we at least have a football club to support still. While ME is in charge we will still continue to have a club.

While many fear a further drop in status, who is to say that ME hasn't finally found the right missing ingredient in Paul Cook, and that once (and if) we start to rise again, ME will once more back his man with the money (ok, so I won't hold my breath). New ownership, while potentially looking exciting, can also be a case of 'out of the frying pan, into the fire"!

None of us are privy to what goes on behind the closed doors at PR, indeed this email could be a smokescreen for an actual takeover, or certainly an attempt to broker a better deal, as others have suggested. Marcus is a businessman, some will argue not a very good one when it comes to the football related side, but I am going to see where the rest of this season takes us first.

Some will say, I have swallowed ME's latest attempts to appease the fans, however I am just pleased he has at least come out and said something. I don't know the facts, I am not very good when it comes to understanding business and financial matters, but one thing is for sure, (while it is not wrong to at least question) I don't like to see this cynicism (in modern day life in general) where everything is deemed fake or a conspiracy without a decent amount of facts to back that belief up. I will be delighted if (and still hope that) a suitable takeover is about to take place, but if it isn't, then on we roll with what I hope will be a successful new manager.
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:16 am

The trouble is 13 years is quite a yardstick with which to measure someone's achievements by and as such its a disaster which continues to get worse.

I think Paul Cook is very much the man for the job and he may indeed work miracles but I just see us maybe stumbling our way back to the Championship at best before yoyoing ourselves back to L1 again, our current rate of investment has proven that is how it is now because it's already happened.

Sadly Charny you say about most takeovers falling through at the last hurdle etc but Evans is saying there never was takeover as no deal was on the table to start with.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 am

I suppose even if a takeover did happen imminently- how much would it affect the rest of this season? Cook missed out on a transfer window and he’d have to work with what he’s got anyway - with Evans or the consortium.

A week ago we’d be very happy to just see the back of Lambert and to get Cook in. It’s only last Friday that the news broke about the consortium. Maybe we should just be pleased we have a new manager.

I’d like to see the back of Evans. Mostly, though, because we need better structure and direction off the field and not because of the hope of more investment. We don’t know how much the consortium would plough into the club, anyway. I’d settle for Evans to get a proper CEO and director of football to handle things if he intends to stay. Evans should have realised by now he’s not much good at running a football club.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:16 am
The trouble is 13 years is quite a yardstick with which to measure someone's achievements by and as such its a disaster which continues to get worse.

I think Paul Cook is very much the man for the job and he may indeed work miracles but I just see us maybe stumbling our way back to the Championship at best before yoyoing ourselves back to L1 again, our current rate of investment has proven that is how it is now because it's already happened.

Sadly Charny you say about most takeovers falling through at the last hurdle etc but Evans is saying there never was takeover as no deal was on the table to start with.

I’m pretty sure something had already kicked off Mike even if it was nothing more than a takeover enquiry. The amount of detail in the press re names, sums involved, consortium background etc, there’s no way this was simply fiction, there just has to be some substance even though ME is denying it. It could be that ME has signed a confidentiality agreement that includes a clause that he denies any knowledge of the takeover until the deal is concluded. My point was simply made to dilute the excitement of an imminent takeover and the expectation that Paul Cook was part of it. In my opinion if that were the case, the takeover would have been announced first followed by the new owners installing the new manager in a blaze of publicity and intent. I still think there was a takeover even if if it was only in the early stages, it could resurface or it could be a dead duck but for the time being we carry on “as is”. At least ME has had the balls to get rid of Paul Lambert even though it must have cost him a big payout, that’s an expensive lesson learned regarding 5 year contracts, the length of deal that should be reserved only for the likes of Bobby Robson, Pep Gualiola & Jurgen Klopp etc. Definitely not in the lower leagues especial if their name is Paul.

Hopefully another takeover bid will come along, at least this latest publicity puts our “Club Up For Sale” in the shop window.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 am

I hope you are right Andy cus to be brutally honest I just want change now, even prepared to take a risk, I've always said we need Evans and he keeps us afloat and while that is still the case you just know in eighteen months to Two years the fans will turn and Cook will go the same way as others before him, it's the way it is at ITFC nowadays.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:35 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 am
I suppose even if a takeover did happen imminently- how much would it affect the rest of this season? Cook missed out on a transfer window and he’d have to work with what he’s got anyway - with Evans or the consortium.

A week ago we’d be very happy to just see the back of Lambert and to get Cook in. It’s only last Friday that the news broke about the consortium. Maybe we should just be pleased we have a new manager.

I’d like to see the back of Evans. Mostly, though, because we need better structure and direction off the field and not because of the hope of more investment. We don’t know how much the consortium would plough into the club, anyway. I’d settle for Evans to get a proper CEO and director of football to handle things if he intends to stay. Evans should have realised by now he’s not much good at running a football club.
I agree he should by now realise he's no good at running a football Club, and needs an infrastructure. But that isn't going to happen is . Lambert lost his job suggesting such things. So Evans is as he always has been , rigid I his one man band approach ...which is why we are where we are . Evans stays ...we fail and decline. And as someone else has said (which Id said the same 2-3 years ago), if Evans doesn't want to sell there's nothing we can do about ….. End of !

which is why I am so utterly devastated and pissed off with this whole affair now .

EVANS OUT

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:11 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am
My point was simply made to dilute the excitement of an imminent takeover and the expectation that Paul Cook was part of it. In my opinion if that were the case, the takeover would have been announced first followed by the new owners installing the new manager in a blaze of publicity and intent.
Agree with this wholeheartedly......, was totally on the same page when Cook was being revealed (by Mevans) supposedly days before a takeover. Made no sense at all.

Re blaze of publicity & intent??

"We welcome ex Wigan & Chesterfield GURU, Paul Cook!!" Applause! Stifled applause maybe? I don't know. Not rocking the boat, as said yesterday....... Am a fan now.

But........, THIS is his biggest job to date........., by several country miles and NOT as the crow flies.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:23 pm

His biggest job is getting Sears to score..... taxi for Cook