Training ground

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Training ground

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm

takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land 23:56 - Mar 2 with 7710 views Muncher

I’ve been doing a bit of digging at HM Land Registry today and what I have seen backs up what Phil has previously mentioned and leads me to believe the takeover is well underway and likely just waiting EFL approval.

The Playford Road site (2 parcels of land) is the subject of a priority search in respect of an intended purchase by Gamechanger 20 Ltd which was lodged on 23 February by law firm Gateley PLC out of their Birmingham office (first instruction by that client).The Bent Lane site is subject to a similar priority search in respect of part of the site only, meaning the Evans group company is retaining part of it.

A priority search is carried out by solicitors to preserve their place in the queue of potential applications for dealing, it confers a priority period of about 45 days. It is a matter of public record and available to view by professionals who have the requisite portal account. It is typically only done in the immediate anticipation of completing a transaction, it can be done slightly ahead of this, but usually is done on the day of exchange of contracts. I’m a commercial property solicitor so carry out these searches on a regular basis. My best guess (based on the timing of the search) is Evans likely entered into a conditional contract last Tuesday for the sale of the land (and club). You would not carry out such a search unless a deal including the detail had either been agreed or was extremely close. The reason such searches are not carried out lightly is because it prevents the proprietor from entering into other transactions while the priority is lodged. If a deal is not happening you should cancel the search, but all 3 remain in place.

There is no corresponding priority search in respect of the stadium lease and I would not expect there to be as the lease is owned by the club as tenant and I would expect Gamechanger 20 Ltd is acquiring the existing share capital owned by Evans.

I am happy to share screenshots if anyone would like to see, but the searches are in relation to the Playford Road site (title number SK219236 & SK203140) and the bent lane site (SK200320) they appear under the “application enquiry” tab.
[Post edited 3 Mar 0:11]

Interesting piece about our training ground, no smoke without fire 🔥 a couple of days old but I've only just seen it.

ashfordblue

Re: Training ground

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:16 pm

KB like yourself I have also carried out searches regarding the survey instruction issued by Gamechanger 20 Ltd to Gately PLC for the Training Ground at Playford Road and Bent Lane ground areas.

I also searched Companies House business registrations, and Gamechanger 20 Ltd was registered in 2020, with the said listed American company share holders i.e. Brett Matthew Johnson and 3 others named. I carried this out through my old company that's still registered in Companies House Records.

Like yourself I find it very confusing to carry out pre priority contract exchange survey and searches, which as you state are carried out to make sure everything is above board and legitimate lawfully to go ahead with the sale and purchase of the named Ipswich Town FC name and assets, which would include the Training ground area.
And for Marcus Evans to retain a 5% share in Ipswich Town FC, plus the Bent Lane ground development area which he wants to retain.

Now with Marcus Evans now stating he doesn't wish to sell??? smacks of pushing for more money from Gamechanger 20 Ltd, this we know does happen with trying to push up the price, prior to agreeing the exchange of contracts sale, say from £30 million to say £40 million, the debt he inherited when buying the club.

But obviously Marcus is playing his cards close to his chest, and with Lambert spilling the beans prior to leaving, Marcus had to playdown the issue as he wanted to do this as a surprise sale. And as for saying he only has always had the best interests for the club and fans over his 14 year ownership, can be viewed with some distain, as he never invested at the correct time like under MM play off stage, plus he has always kept his distance from the fans, not an ideal situation.

Do I think this sale will go through?? maybe not in the time scale that was originally planned due to the leak, but yes it will happen as every thing is in place and ready to go ahead. :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 pm

I’ve seen somewhere that a completion date of April/ May now......but who knows anymore 🤷‍♀️!?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Which year ? I think it's all hot air to be honest.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 pm

I just don't know what to think, I want a new owner but a safe one and I'm not convinced the American one is right for us, would they invest in players etc? Then again with all the publicity it might attract someone else hopefully.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 pm
I just don't know what to think, I want a new owner but a safe one and I'm not convinced the American one is right for us, would they invest in players etc? Then again with all the publicity it might attract someone else hopefully.
They would have to invest if it goes ahead! No good getting in and then sitting there like Evans. If they wanted to sell on at a later date they have to make it work.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 pm
KB I still think this is an annoying smoke screen from Evans, so much media info re the sale to Gamechanger 20 Ltd, searches done, registration in place, I just don't buy into oh the club was never up for sale F*****G crap :lol: yeh right, even your statement of if the right offer comes along etc blah blah.

Sorry Marcus but some of us are not fools ok, we know your after a better offer, just F*****G admit it you twonk, the American Brett Johnson consortium just might up their price but I doubt it.

Also we know that over your 14 year tenure, it has proved to be an absolute one after the other F*****G disaster manager wise, so please just for once get a sale deal done and go back to your corporate empire flogging dodgy tickets.

The one thing most fans hate is a smarmy, creepy, keep hidden, F*****G bull sh*tting 5 point planning that always goes tits up owner, you make my skin crawl yuck.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:11 pm
The one thing most fans hate is a smarmy, creepy, keep hidden, F*****G bull sh*tting 5 point planning that always goes tits up owner....
Well. :shock: That might be the very first time he’s been described this way.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:00 pm

Poor Frosty

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:05 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:11 pm
The one thing most fans hate is a smarmy, creepy, keep hidden, F*****G bull sh*tting 5 point planning that always goes tits up owner....
Well. :shock: That might be the very first time he’s been described this way.
:lol: :lol: Did you like that Marco, :roll: just getting down to the Nitty gritty thoughts of this absolute Failure Lying F*****G Basturd

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:50 pm

:cry: After todays performance as BM stated he'll be arsehole luck to F*****G give the club away,.

Phone call today from USA
Brett: phewee Marcus that was some sh*t performance today against Gilling ham
Marcus: Aw yeh it was Brett, But its only a minor blip.
Brett: BLIP Marcus, what's f*****G parting yah ears ol son that was god dam awful.
Marcus: maybe maybe Brett but the clubs still worth a £30 million punt.
Brett: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh for f**k sake Marcus :lol: :lol: your a F*****g good comedian
Marcus: No Honestly Brett their games normally must better :shock: Lying through his teeth.
Brett: Well re that offer me an the boys put in a couple of weeks ago, we reckon that at 17.5 Million could seal the deal.
Marcus: :shock: Make it £20 Million?? plus I'll throw in a free case of Rioja plonk.
Brett: :lol: :lol: Tell yah what Marcus ol son, once you've levelled out yah head come back to us ok, puts the phone down.