Drysdale given suspension

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 23419
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 pm

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... dges-story

Well listening to that ITFC will only reveal the evidence if asked to by the Footballing authorities, I would take it as Judge telling the truth tbh.

hallamblue
Posts: 25960
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Not sure why that would indicate Judge is telling the truth ? Surely it could also indicate he isn’t telling the truth , and that the Club won’t reveal it unless forced to by the authorities? 🤷‍♀️

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 2003
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Ricco » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:22 pm

They may be forced to reinvestigate then. False accusations like that against Judge could be very serious, moreso than the original aggressive head thing in my opinion.

It doesn't add up to me, all that and no red card, maybe trying to save his job with false accusations, maybe misheard, but didn't say he 'thinks' Judge said those things, he says it as a matter of fact.

On the other hand, how on earth could the club have decent audio to support Judge, where would the mic be? They're fairly central in the pitch, mic behind the goal? Could that be clear enough to refute the ref, have they said nothing before now because they were waiting for the ref to make a concrete statement and incriminate himself?

Probably the most entertaining thing to happen on the pitch this season...

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:41 pm

Would Judge and Ipswich bring it up if Judge wasn't telling the truth?

Remember Judge is not on trial here, he was not nor any member of Ipswich Town football club called upon to appear at the hearing. He is simply along with ITFC declaring what the Referee said was false.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 23419
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12 pm

It indicates Judge is telling the truth because the headline says they have evidence to support Judge's side of things

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:45 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12 pm
It indicates Judge is telling the truth because the headline says they have evidence to support Judge's side of things
I agree with this train of thought. Judge said originally that it was the end of the matter as far as he was concerned. I think he and ITFC are trying to prevent further fall out, because if they passed this sound recording over, only one person is going to suffer more, and that is the ref. The club feel that the ref has has suitable punishment, and other than clearing a name, it would just stir things up unnecessarily.

Let's say this recording did have incriminating evidence against Judge! I am sure they would have advised Alan not to comment full stop.

hallamblue
Posts: 25960
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:14 am

Tbh it’s all a storm in a tea cup isn’t . Nothing actually happened 🤷‍♀️

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 2003
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Ricco » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:09 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:14 am
Tbh it’s all a storm in a tea cup isn’t . Nothing actually happened 🤷‍♀️
I don't know, I've had false accusations against me before and they can be devastating, they will have hurt Judge. The aggressive head leaning thing (if the referee doesn't have previous) is just a storm in a tea cup perhaps, but if his accusations are deliberate lies, then that's very serious.
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:45 am
The club feel that the ref has has suitable punishment, and other than clearing a name, it would just stir things up unnecessarily.
Agreed, but it's not up to the club to decide the punishment, they have, whatever their motive, come forward and said that they can prove the referee was lying, that in my eyes should be enough that the authorities may have to look again at the incident and new evidence. Its one thing to lose your head a bit in the heat of a moment, but to sit down and concoct lies (if that's what he has done) that can damage a players reputation is far more serious in my eyes.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 23419
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:15 am

I think we have to realise Judge's mum was dying at the time and while his Language wasn't great I think it could be a contributory factor in his frustration, that said it isn't an excuse. The other thing I've noticed Drysdale definitely lied about was saying there was no contact between the Two of them, I've looked at many pics etc and his head definitely lays in onto Judge's so he'd full of bullshit, not to mention the pure anger and venom in his face.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:10 am

What would of happened if say a player the size of that referee went did what he did to a referee. What if the roles had been reversed ? think the player would just get a slap on the wrist then been given media coverage to accuse the referee of saying what he did?

This is not over nothing, it's over one person makings claims over another. Whether you like Judge or not, whether you think he's a good player or not. Nobody deserves that. If its proven Judge did actually say what the Ref accused him of and its proven then Alan has to face the music. If however this goes forwards and the ref is proven to be wrong, so should he

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:39 am

If he didn’t say it........ and Drysdale said he said it...... the club instantly release evidence of him NOT saying it. But the club have FK ALL evidence of anyone saying anything. Like Ricco says; no one is mic’d up, they’re outside the box, where the fk are the mics? 🤷‍♂️
The club are making themselves look bad...... if you've got the truth , f**king share it for the sake of your player.

But...... there is no evidence.

Like someone said, maybe you Mike...... a Northampton player may be better as “probable” unbiased evidence.

And for however pained he was with family issues, and there is no doubt he will have had stuff going on in his head..... he still had an urge to think, “could get a pen here”, like all the other cheating bstds in the game. That’s a FOUR MATCH BAN in the AFL, and they only play 22 games.

Edit to add:
Can I just say. ..... usually tough on refs, but tough on them because they DONT clamp down on these tripping bstds. As far as the actual game footage goes, Drysdale is 100% correct. That SHOULD be the subject closed as far as the media circus around it is concerned.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 23419
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:54 am

To be honest Marko, I haven't commented on this but try as I might I have looked at it numerous times and I still see a penalty.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:25 pm

Marko you think it was not a pen, others think it was. That's opinions. That makes no difference now for the the decision was given no penalty

Going to say this, the defender was stupid and very clumsy, he went to ground, he dived in, he even tried pulling his legs back. Great debate sometime ago between Ian Wright, Alan Sugar and Gary Lineker on going down for a penalty, They all said if a defender was foolish enough to slide in they would make most of it. That's not cheating. No law saying having to stay on your feet and avoid an on coming missed tackle. I bet the defender himself had his heart in his mouth, I bet his manager did also. Again though, its opinions and opinions are what makes talking points

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Never a pen. Seen far less given right enough.

But the defender turned the opposite way to the way Judge went and Judge decided run into the back of the guy and fall. That’s how i interpret it after just watching it 10 times again on YouTube. Can’t see any clumsiness at all on the defenders part. Drysdale gave it a nanosecond thought after seeing from a level playing field. It must’ve been even more obvious from his angle.

But as you say..... opinions 🤷‍♂️And hey, I voiced the other day that you guys shouldn’t be refs...... you’ll be thinking that of us who think he dived..... so 🤷‍♂️All square! :D

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Footy is all about difference of opinions, it's great to talk. I'll never convince you it was a pen Marko, you'll never convince me it wasn't..

You can't always be 100% right Marko, so no worries :mrgreen:

As lots of amateur footballers I have ran the line few times. I was caught ball watching once. A team scored and the scorer must been at least five yards off side but i was like.. "ooh hell".. I acted like sun was in my eyes but it was actually drizzling with rain.. Luckily the home team, my tean did win though

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:57 pm
You can't always be 100% right Marko, so no worries :mrgreen:
:lol: Got to say, in my household, I’d be delighted to be 1% right! :D

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:18 pm

Check out Hibs' 60th minute penalty today. Martin Boyle, bit of a diver, and today it paid off. NEVER a penalty in a million years. But unlike Drysdale, Beaton was duped. Laughable. Ross County bench going fking nuts and rightly so.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:18 pm
Check out Hibs' 60th minute penalty today. Martin Boyle, bit of a diver, and today it paid off. NEVER a penalty in a million years. But unlike Drysdale, Beaton was duped. Laughable. Ross County bench going fking nuts and rightly so.
The ref was duped for the pen, Boyle moved his leg over the defenders. No penalty though can see why was given but hell that Boyle is a horrible player

The second pen appeal is the one that I just cannot understand the referee, Boyle dived, simple as that he dived. Judge got booked for simulation, if Judge's was simulation what the hell would you call Boyle's dive?

Could you imagine Drysdale refereeing in Scotland Marko?

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:59 am

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 am
marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:18 pm
Check out Hibs' 60th minute penalty today. Martin Boyle, bit of a diver, and today it paid off. NEVER a penalty in a million years. But unlike Drysdale, Beaton was duped. Laughable. Ross County bench going fking nuts and rightly so.
The ref was duped for the pen, Boyle moved his leg over the defenders. No penalty though can see why was given but hell that Boyle is a horrible player

The second pen appeal is the one that I just cannot understand the referee, Boyle dived, simple as that he dived. Judge got booked for simulation, if Judge's was simulation what the hell would you call Boyle's dive?

Could you imagine Drysdale refereeing in Scotland Marko?
He’d (Drysdale) actually get on Ok in Scotland, Steve. Simulation isn’t as bad an issue up here as it is in England. In fact it’s not even close. Maybe Celtic and The Sevco with their continentals. Morelos? WOW! Never go near Morelos. People think Morelos is prolific. Nope, it’s because defenders steer clear of the cheating wee bstd! :lol:

Horrible? Would never describe Boyle as horrible. He’s actually like an old style 60s type player, a Denis Law type. He just has a side to him that likes a wee cheat now and again and it’s infuriating because he doesn’t need to do it.

What makes these players worse as they get older (obvious statement alert) ..... they cheat more due to not having the same pace and trickery (George Best aside)
Probably a sad realisation that they’re not what they once were. A frustration if you like.

It’ll be a great day for football (soccer) when players actually fear that they’ve simulated a dive (like in the AFL where contact happens more often 🤷‍♂️)
Imagine that? A player bouncing back up onto his feet and playing on.
But it won’t happen. The game’s fkd in that area.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:26 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:59 am
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 am
marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:18 pm
Check out Hibs' 60th minute penalty today. Martin Boyle, bit of a diver, and today it paid off. NEVER a penalty in a million years. But unlike Drysdale, Beaton was duped. Laughable. Ross County bench going fking nuts and rightly so.
The ref was duped for the pen, Boyle moved his leg over the defenders. No penalty though can see why was given but hell that Boyle is a horrible player

The second pen appeal is the one that I just cannot understand the referee, Boyle dived, simple as that he dived. Judge got booked for simulation, if Judge's was simulation what the hell would you call Boyle's dive?

Could you imagine Drysdale refereeing in Scotland Marko?
He’d (Drysdale) actually get on Ok in Scotland, Steve. Simulation isn’t as bad an issue up here as it is in England. In fact it’s not even close. Maybe Celtic and The Sevco with their continentals. Morelos? WOW! Never go near Morelos. People think Morelos is prolific. Nope, it’s because defenders steer clear of the cheating wee bstd! :lol:

Horrible? Would never describe Boyle as horrible. He’s actually like an old style 60s type player, a Denis Law type. He just has a side to him that likes a wee cheat now and again and it’s infuriating because he doesn’t need to do it.

What makes these players worse as they get older (obvious statement alert) ..... they cheat more due to not having the same pace and trickery (George Best aside)
Probably a sad realisation that they’re not what they once were. A frustration if you like.

It’ll be a great day for football (soccer) when players actually fear that they’ve simulated a dive (like in the AFL where contact happens more often 🤷‍♂️)
Imagine that? A player bouncing back up onto his feet and playing on.
But it won’t happen. The game’s fkd in that area.
Marko, did you see Man City versus Southampton recently? If not there perfect case of a penalty. A dead cert pen, no if's, no buts it was dead on for Man City but player did not go down, he tried staying staying on his feet and quite clearly the goalkeeper basically taken Man City players foot away.. OK, what's VAR doing? Not a lot in the answer. I think afterwards they held up their hands and admitted got it wrong but they are saying, if player gone down then on field ref would of given it.. Isn't that just load of bollox?

Post Reply