Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can Cook keep us winning?

Fleetwood Win
4
31%
Ipswich Win
3
23%
Draw
6
46%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:40 pm

This’ll happen a lot when doors are open. And it’ll happen possibly around the 55th minute. Probably being generous though.

Image

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:40 pm

Well, if don't change the system after this then got to wonder what game are PC and co watching ?

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Thank you Ipswich Town, I used to be a positive, probably blue-tinted glasses, type of supporter. All I am asking for is some enjoyable football, that social outlet which is so important in these times! What do I get? Nothing but f*!**!g s**t upon f!****g s**t!

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Well if Marcus was hoping for a better offer for the club, then he's just been shafted big time as 3/4' of this squad can leave at the end of the season, and PC can start a big rebuilding of a squad that will challenge for promotion next season.

With Portsmouth up next on Saturday away, if they perform like tonight then that's another defeat on the cards, If Marcus is still here next season then he certainly wont finance PC for new players guaranteed. So in my eyes we are well and truly F****D :(

We can only hope that new owners can be found for a new beginning, lets hope Gamechanger 20 Ltd can push Marcus to sell up.

hallamblue
Posts: 25960
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:36 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm
Watching this it wouldn't bother me if we could never attend games again, seriously. Normally I would be looking at a six hour journey home after this fuckfest.
:shock: :shock: WOW.

Well they say every negative has the positive. That is one helluva positive.

That'd be a TERRIBLE journey home and a waste of life itself.
That’s the kind of journey common for Town fans in league one marko as so many games are in the NW ... minimum hr journey each way ...

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:41 pm
Well if Marcus was hoping for a better offer for the club, then he's just been shafted big time as 3/4' of this squad can leave at the end of the season, and PC can start a big rebuilding of a squad that will challenge for promotion next season.

With Portsmouth up next on Saturday away, if they perform like tonight then that's another defeat on the cards, If Marcus is still here next season then he certainly wont finance PC for new players guaranteed. So in my eyes we are well and truly F****D :(

We can only hope that new owners can be found for a new beginning, lets hope Gamechanger 20 Ltd can push Marcus to sell up.
It really does boil down to Marcus taking the hit. Just realise this venture didn't work......, sorry for the losses......, but just sell up for whatever you can get and go the fk away.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:45 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:36 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm
Watching this it wouldn't bother me if we could never attend games again, seriously. Normally I would be looking at a six hour journey home after this fuckfest.
:shock: :shock: WOW.

Well they say every negative has the positive. That is one helluva positive.

That'd be a TERRIBLE journey home and a waste of life itself.
That’s the kind of journey common for Town fans in league one marko as so many games are in the NW ... minimum hr journey each way ...
Yeah. I cant begin to wonder what thats like.

Two and a half hours back from Aberdeen after a defeat is bad enough.

SIX hours? Fk that.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Even EastEnders is starting to look more appealing and I NEVER watch that!

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 pm
Even EastEnders is starting to look more appealing and I NEVER watch that!
Really need to go for that Pint soon as the restrictions are lowered Mark, get you away from depression

Magicmark
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:27 pm
Come back Anglian Combination, Wymondham Town are more enjoyable to watch than this.
[/quote

Wymondham are my local team & yes they would of played better than us tonight.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:55 pm

Mark did you say boil?! :lol:

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:55 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 pm
Even EastEnders is starting to look more appealing and I NEVER watch that!
Really need to go for that Pint soon as the restrictions are lowered Mark, get you away from depression
That sounds a great idea to me :)

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:27 pm
Come back Anglian Combination, Wymondham Town are more enjoyable to watch than this.
[/quote

Wymondham are my local team & yes they would of played better than us tonight.
Another Wymondham based fan?

Magicmark
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:06 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
EEEK you poor man :(

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
Well welcome, nice to have another Blue in the town, though don't shout it too loud at the moment! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:06 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
EEEK you poor man :(
I love the place, even if it is now sprawling with masses of housing development!

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
Well welcome, nice to have another Blue in the town, though don't shout it too loud at the moment! :lol: :lol:
Don't Wymondham play in Red and Black :wink:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm

Just had to google Wymondham.

WTF you all doing in Norfolk? :shock:

GTF outta there before the zombies get ye! :lol:

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
Well welcome, nice to have another Blue in the town, though don't shout it too loud at the moment! :lol: :lol:
Don't Wymondham play in Red and Black :wink:
Yes they do indeed.

Magicmark
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
Well welcome, nice to have another Blue in the town, though don't shout it too loud at the moment! :lol: :lol:
The Budgies all know me,lived in Norfolk for years.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm
Just had to google Wymondham.

WTF you all doing in Norfolk? :shock:

GTF outta there before the zombies get ye! :lol:
My other half who's an Essex girl, say we locals pronounce Norfolk as Norfcuk...

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Yes I've just moved to Wymondham.
Well welcome, nice to have another Blue in the town, though don't shout it too loud at the moment! :lol: :lol:
The Budgies all know me,lived in Norfolk for years.
I know that feeling well. Always been good for banter in the past!

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm


Well welcome, nice to have another Blue in the town, though don't shout it too loud at the moment! :lol: :lol:
The Budgies all know me,lived in Norfolk for years.
I know that feeling well. Always been good for banter in the past!
Never heard much from the Yellow and Green during the 70's and 80's apart from a certain League cup semi final

Now they chirp away

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:20 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 pm
Now they chirp away
Yes I can imagine they do. A lot.

Sad times.

Magicmark
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm
Just had to google Wymondham.

WTF you all doing in Norfolk? :shock:

GTF outta there before the zombies get ye! :lol:
Yes it's full of people wearing big yellow dusters,I call them the diarrhoea boys

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:21 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 pm


The Budgies all know me,lived in Norfolk for years.
I know that feeling well. Always been good for banter in the past!
Never heard much from the Yellow and Green during the 70's and 80's apart from a certain League cup semi final

Now they chirp away
It is so sad to say they are miles ahead of us now. I reckon any of our players would even struggle to get in their U23 side now!

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:22 pm

I think we need Gordon Ramsey to help Cook prepare the raw meat.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:30 pm

I do think Paul Cook will be good for Ipswich, be interesting to hear his post match interview.

Just not sure on the system, for me apart from the last 15 possibly minutes when Ward came on we were worse than when playing Gillingham and I thought that was the pits

When struggling to score goals why not play two up front?

hallamblue
Posts: 25960
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Fleetwood Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:46 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 pm
Even EastEnders is starting to look more appealing and I NEVER watch that!
Lol me neither but agree I might , just might give it a twirl instead of iFollow after this shower of utter shyte tonight !

Post Reply