Very good article by Stuart Watson today I think

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Very good article by Stuart Watson today I think

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:36 am

Hits the nail firmly on the head here......

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... -0-7830796

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Very good article by Stuart Watson today I think

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Not speaking for anyone else, just my own personal view..... from that article above...,,
Quote:
Giant keeper Tomas Holy remained rooted to the spot.
End quote.

How many times we going to read that?

Make that position an issue as well and get that fecker the hell out of Portman Road. He’s absolute crap. Alarm bells were raised YEARS ago when Gillingham let him go. He’s Shyte.

New keeper, Mr Cook.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Thing is marko...Cook's shopping list is going to be extensive if not interesting isn't it. With just about every position a "must replace" one.

He reportedly likes small , close knit squads, by all accounts...so what's that , 23-25 players? Roughly two players for every position....

so maybe a new thread , and start naming potential players for each position....or maybe at least , list the players we think he would be likely to keep, or the player likely to stay ...eg we might want Downes...but he's unlikely to stay...

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:41 pm

spot on assessment by Paul Cook here ...

""But within trying to get promoted I'm also trying to find out about the character of the players. That can be tough for a manager, because while you want to help them and make changes, sometimes it's only in adversity that you find out about people. "

wilnisfan

Post by wilnisfan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:17 am

The new Blues boss wants to see partnerships flourish all over the pitch, but it’s hard to see any semblance of a well-oiled machine so deep into a campaign.
It’s good place to start and if he wants to find out about character and who he can rely on then it is good to see their reaction to things, like being subbed or asked to work with certain other players they may or may not like.

Is it ability or is it character or motivation that is the individuals issue.

For sure any manager having to deal with such a high churn rate over three years where the team has essentially been gutted is always a big ask.

But yeah start with simple on field partnerships and chemistry and then find another and try to propagate something.

For now it’s the basics