Paul Mariner book

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

MarkDonaldson

Paul Mariner book

Post by MarkDonaldson » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Evening

Just letting you know that Paul Mariner's autobiography - provisionally titled 'Tales Of The Ancient Mariner' - is currently in the works (we're at the start of the process) and will hopefully be released in early 2022.

Over the past decade Paul and myself commentated on many games for ESPN over here in Connecticut, USA until he moved back to England recently. We had various conversations about potentially doing a book together with me ghost-writing it for him (as I did with former Liverpool player Steve Nicol who Paul worked with at New England Revolution and at ESPN) and, with a publisher now sourced, it's time to get to work.

This is where you could possibly help...

If anyone has any personal stories or favourite memories about Paul during his time with Ipswich we would be grateful if you could share them with us by emailing book@paulmariner.com or by replying below (assuming it's ok to do so).

Our thanks in advance,

Paul and Mark

Instagram: talesoftheancientmariner
Twitter: @Paul_Mariner
Twitter: @DonaldsonESPN

number 9

Re: Paul Mariner book

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 am

Always a boss in the penalty box head or foot. He’d grit his teeth scoring or not. Big chest and swollen thighs...and f*cked up English teeth. What more could you ask from a striker?

MarkDonaldson

Post by MarkDonaldson » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:18 pm

Just bumping this up.

Towards the end of the book the plan is to have a ‘Mariner Memories’ section, featuring supporter’s best memories of Paul’s time at Ipswich.

Received a few from some of you already via book@paulmariner.com - thanks for them - but would love a lot more to include in the book.

Thanks in advance once again.

Mark

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:18 am

I passed this on to my friend who is in the 90s ‘shoe-gazing’ band Swervedriver. Paul came along to one of his gigs in the states (he’s apparently a straight rock AC/DC kinda guy but is open to new influences) and the two struck up a maybe unlikely friendship. They’ve been to a few town games together and some gigs too now Paul is back in the UK. Apparently, Paul’s a thoroughly nice fella, but I guess we knew that anyway.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:24 am

Ive pinged you a PM Mark , ok 👍

khurst_848

Post by khurst_848 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Great news I will look forward to reading this