US-led takeover of Ipswich Town has happened (edited)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

US-led takeover of Ipswich Town has happened (edited)

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:03 am

.... according to latest searches seen by Ipswich based commercial property solicitor Paul Munnings after priority HM Land Registry searches were renewed by the potential buyers yesterday morning.

An interesting scenario which suggests the deal possibly isn’t dead yet.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: US-led takeover of Ipswich Town 'likely back on'

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 am

I know its a bit outrageous to suggest it but is this Evans playing games at a time when ST renewals are imminent, nothing would surprise me, hopefully not.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:21 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 am
I know its a bit outrageous to suggest it but is this Evans playing games at a time when ST renewals are imminent, nothing would surprise me, hopefully not.
To be fair to Evans, he’s the one who’s always poured cold water on the takeover. And it’s the consortium who’ve renewed the searches - not Evans.

If Evans wants to stay here and keep the fans on-side, I don’t think it would be smart to dangle a potential take-over in front of fans and then once season tickets are sold - take it away. I have a feeling that many fans would prefer to wait a bit and see what happens first before buying an early bird ticket.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am

I too doubt it is anything untoward, however it would be very easy to do should he so choose, if there is a deal pending Evans had no option but to pour cold water on it as the confidentiality agreement would have dictated it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:41 am

In terms of selling season tickets, I guess the only real thing he’s got is Cook. We’ve heard it all before about 5 point plans and PR bollocks. If he’s going to sell tickets for next season, the best strategy would be to promise decent funding to Cook and better restructuring of the club off the field (new DoF, recruitment, fitness, etc ).

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 am

And the dog and pony show continues. Time for Brett Johnson and Gamechanger to put up or shut up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:24 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 am
And the dog and pony show continues. Time for Brett Johnson and Gamechanger to put up or shut up.
Exactly

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:51 pm

I’m fairly passionate about Hibernian and if this was happening here, I’d be stalling on a season ticket until the FANS were better informed of what’s going on. All this secrecy and the media having to guess is beyond annoying.
Absolutely Fk all being offered to the fans to at least keep people in the loop.
Why not release one of those 25 minute videos now Marcus and let the fans know some stuff?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:51 pm

'likely back on' could it be any more vague. Why don't they either just show some tangible evidence that Evans is going to sell up and we've brought in new ownership or just f*ck off with all this and any crap as it can only have an adverse effect on the team and deviate attention away from the field.

Point being (and I accept it's all rather futile) but last I looked the team was in a very good position in the league to challenge (or obtain) a top six finish particularly given the caliber of opposition sides we have remaining. All right in all probability we won't make it and be stuck in League One for another season but while the opportunity is there would advise just putting the takeover crap out of focus at least until end of season and allowing the team and manager to put their undivided attention in to the last few league games that remain.

Imagine how many more season tickets would be sold should the team be Championship status once more in August. In the meantime you're just being led down various routes with no definitive answer. One last time I don't want no US based ownership deal particularly with the package it suggested was entailed. It's imperative the right deal is done but at least to have some solid or reliable information would be beneficial to all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 pm

number 9 wrote:
Could be a case of Evans moving the goal posts though couldn’t it. Eg wants more money if Town go up via PO’s . Very unlikely I know, but he could maintain that while there’s still a chance he won’t accept the price offered for. League One club, when a championship club could command far more. 🤷‍♀️

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 pm
number 9 wrote:
Could be a case of Evans moving the goal posts though couldn’t it. Eg wants more money if Town go up via PO’s . Very unlikely I know, but he could maintain that while there’s still a chance he won’t accept the price offered for. League One club, when a championship club could command far more. 🤷‍♀️
Yep, and if that’s the case, then it’s very much the opposite of yesterday’s scenario. The team better quit the Gillingham type outings and start performing.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm
hallamblue wrote:
number 9 wrote:
Yep, and if that’s the case, then it’s very much the opposite of yesterday’s scenario. The team better quit the Gillingham type outings and start performing.
Yeah I suppose you could be right hallam, but as Marko says there needs to be an instantaneous improvement in performances for the championship to even be a reality...which in my opinion is a massive pipe dream. So if your scenario is correct, at what point would Mr Evans relinquish his position? Will the embers of Gamechanger's offer reignite if ITFC have no mathematically chance of being promoted? Or, will Evans still turn down an offer until/if we get out of this sh*t division?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:58 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Yeah I suppose you could be right hallam, but as Marko says there needs to be an instantaneous improvement in performances for the championship to even be a reality...which in my opinion is a massive pipe dream. So if your scenario is correct, at what point would Mr Evans relinquish his position? Will the embers of Gamechanger's offer reignite if ITFC have no mathematically chance of being promoted? Or, will Evans still turn down an offer until/if we get out of this sh*t division?
No idea,but if Evans is serious about selling the club I’d hang on until he knows we can’t get promoted. Why sell for a L1 price if you might get a Championship price..?
I guess if both parties are serious and at the final negotiating stage, then neither wouldn’t want to look too desperate. Evans has downplayed wanting to sell the club and the consortium have leaked rumours that the deal has stalled. Is that the truth or just part of the negotiations? The only concrete thing we’ve got is these searches being extended. Pretty tenuous, but these suggest gamechanger are still interested.
God knows what Evans wants. If we somehow get promoted this season, he might want to hold on and have another crack at getting us to the PL.Or he could be desperate to offload and is waiting for the best price. Or maybe this gamechanger move was nothing more than them putting in a cheeky bid which was never taken seriously. They could also be looking at other clubs which they want to invest in and could easily move on. Who the f*ck knows?
At this moment, though, the safest bet is Cookie. Proven manager - whoever owns the club - and the golden opportunity to wave goodbye to a bunch of crap players and bring in his own. 👍 Team Cook.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 am
Well he's come out of the woodwork once every year to spout some bs about 5 point plans and green shoots to fill seats so why break the habit of a lifetime. Then he buggers off and never a word from him. I nearly got myself and son one 19-20 season but thought better of it. Obviously didn't bother this season. I won't be buying into anything marcus evans cones out with, its been all hot air and no substance since he arrived, getting people to part with cash only to go after loans, past it freebies and bargain basement signings. No , my money will stay in my pocket until he either shows a serious interest in Ipswich or sells up.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:05 pm

I was just looking at that it seems he has been right with other posts let's hope it's true.👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:55 pm

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Hopefully followed by ;

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥳🥳🥳🥳

And then 👋👋👋👋 Marcus

...... I can dream can’t I ?! X

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 am

I think these people talk absolute garbage tbh, naturally I hope I am completely wrong and it does happen but for me its all hot air and yet more attention seeking.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:17 am

I tend to agree with you BlueMike. That's the norm with social media it seems. I suppose there was something going on behind the scenes and may still be. But I see no reason to doubt ME's recent words. NDA, gag order or not. Although it's noticeable that he has been quiet for a while.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:35 am

These searches are not there for fun! Near or far off a deal must be at least being discussed.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 am

100% Jacko, but some will definitely be developing a “whatever” type attitude.
For me, if fk all is disclosed officially to fans by April 9th, then I’ll for sure not be wasting any more time reading the ITFC social Meeja. I know you are only forwarding on the news, (which is great) ...., but the news writers themselves who are desperate to be the “big news breakers” is absolutely pathetic. They should be f**king “CORRECT” more often and they’d get a less skeptical audience.
That’s my take, anyway.

There are also long term posters on here who now “know stuff” about the Evans organisation. :lol: :lol: :lol: Why is all this type of stuff coming out now?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:45 pm

Marco: My wee Ginger baw bag, let me explain something to you that just might start to convince you that something is going down in the not to distant future, :shock: and will make your nuts tighten with excitement.

:roll: Firstly lets look at the clews to this take over. (1) Lambert let the cat out of the bag with a quote of, I wont be needed when new owners come in they'll have their own manager lined up. (2) when it was suggested that Gamechanger 20 Ltd were offering the a said £30 million to buy Ipswich Town FC they stated also they wanted Paul Cook to take over as manager. (3) Lambert gets the heave ho, and who does Marcus Evans Bring in after 2 weeks, none other than Paul Cook, certainly not Marcus Evans Choice, but the waiting new owners choice. (4) New searches carried out at Playford Road by Agents for Gamechanger 20 Ltd, all necessary company paper work at the EFL for checking over as financially good and within the EFL guidelines.

(5) Paul Cook issues a statement that exciting times lay ahead for the Ipswich Town FC fans at the end of this season, not just a players clear out as we all know that would happen, it has to be the final takeover as well, now that will be exciting news for the fans.

So my Little Cabbage muncher, I'm a bit of a Detective (Shortened to special d*ck) down south :lol: :lol: and I have the instinct to know this is a goer and will happen.

:roll: Also i see the Jags gave Dundee Utd a scare in the cup game, :cry: lost 2-1 but 3 divisions separate them, :D so hopefully we just might see the Jags back in the championship again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:42 pm

You should be absolutely RAGING regarding the Jags game, Ash. I take it you haven't seen the Dundee United winner? :lol: You really must go watch that. The Jags were robbed, and the ref was only 5 feet away. Its actually funny to anyone who's NOT a Jags fan. That's why I thought you'd have more to say about that. :lol:

High 5's all round when your takeover prediction comes to fruition. But only if you promise a rant if it all goes mammaries north! :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:26 am

#1 Takeover issue ; read nothing on the EADT website. TWTD has a substantial thread on the issue but on further investigation found it attributed to member in-fighting that it lasted as long as it has. No definitive answer about who or when the takeover will happen - if indeed it ever does.

#2 Scots Cup ; It's only the third round so any real excitement is yet to occur but some scores of interest. Formantine (never heard of them) with a 5 - 0 loss to Motherwell and a shock of sorts as City of Edinburgh overcame Forfar. Kind of standard elsewhere, most big hitters went through. Far from overjoyed Celtic got themselves a trip to Ibrox in the next round but if those fucks have won the League as least we can prevent them a cup double achievement.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:09 am

I think you'll find Forfar overcame Edinburgh

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:09 am

:lol: No real excitement has occurred yet? I'd suggest watching 3rd rd highlights of all the games. There are at least 10 goals of the season on there, two of them at Station Park, Forfar alone --->> and voted best tie of the round v Edinburgh City. ......., (City of Edinburgh are something completely different)
Described as having:
Overhead kicks
Cracking Injury time equaliser
Sending off
Penalty shootout

Hopefully Nicky Clarks winner for Dundee United can be found online somewhere. Ball comes across, Clark shoves a Partick defender into the Partick goalie, they both fall over, Clark runs on and puts ball into empty net. Clear as day and the ref only a few feet away. :lol: I'd be seething if I was a Jag!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 am

saint jude wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:26 am
#1 Takeover issue ; read nothing on the EADT website. TWTD has a substantial thread on the issue but on further investigation found it attributed to member in-fighting that it lasted as long as it has. No definitive answer about who or when the takeover will happen - if indeed it ever does.

#2 Scots Cup ; It's only the third round so any real excitement is yet to occur but some scores of interest. Formantine (never heard of them) with a 5 - 0 loss to Motherwell and a shock of sorts as City of Edinburgh overcame Forfar. Kind of standard elsewhere, most big hitters went through. Far from overjoyed Celtic got themselves a trip to Ibrox in the next round but if those fucks have won the League as least we can prevent them a cup double achievement.
Bloody joke that thread. Whether the original post has any credibility.... it’s descended into one-upmanship and petty arguments over nothing. A fair number of bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind.

If the take-over happens, it happens. I can’t see it affecting the end of this season if it does.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:36 am

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 am
If the take-over happens, it happens. I can’t see it affecting the end of this season if it does.
Yep....., and the essence of what I am basically jokingly saying to Ash. Too much chat and now a large number do not GAF.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 am

Don’t know what is more boring at the moment, the football or the takeover crap.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 am

Well right or wrong I always nail my colours to the mast whether it be a new Manager, new Player or whatever so I will say this........

THERE IS NO BLOODY TAKEOVER PENDING !!!!!!

For the record I hope to God I am wrong.