Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tinytown

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Tinytown » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:57 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:27 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm
Hawkins is the 18th player who appeared in League One for Town last season to move on.

Luke Chambers, Cole Skuse, Freddie Sears and Alan Judge joined Colchester as free agents, while James Wilson signed a two-year deal with Plymouth after he was released. Emyr Huws, Tristan Nydam and Stephen Ward remain free agents.

Goalkeeper David Cornell's contract was mutually terminated 10 days ago, with the Welshman set for a Championship move, while Andre Dozzell has also moved to the second tier, signing for QPR after the Loftus Road side activated his £1million release clause.

Gwion Edwards has joined Wigan after turning down a new deal with Town, while Mark McGuinness (now at Cardiff), Keanan Bennetts, Josh Harrop, Luke Matheson, Luke Thomas and Troy Parrott have returned to their parent clubs at the end of loan moves.

The Blues have so far made two additions, with Wes Burns and Lee Evans both signing three-year deals, while Ipswich have made significant progress in a move for West Brom midfielder Rekeem Harper. The deal needs to be signed off at the Hawthorns.

I’m surprised we got a fee for Hawkins. Don’t expect it was much but as they say every little bit help

If we dont get some players in soon, we best enrol in the local 5-a-side league. :shock:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:46 am

Current squad as of now. Still plenty of players which we hopefully will offload as well as bringing in players.

Holy; KVY, Donacien; Woolfenden, Nsiala, Ndaba; Kenlock; Evans, Downes, Nolan, McGavin; Bishop, Dobra, El Mizouni; Burns, Lankester; Norwood, Jackson, Drinan.

I think Ashton’s job is only just beginning.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:34 am

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 pm
Another one gone

Hawkins to Mansfield.

Of all the 18 that's gone is it only Dozzell gone up a league, and most of the rest that have found a club have gone down?
If so just shows what level of players we've had to put up with
That’s what I was thinking as well. And the last two years we were considered a promotion-chasing side. Four players dropped a division and went down the road to Colchester. Granted their decision was probably based on family, but hardly showing any hunger or ambition. Glad they’ve gone.
Which kinda vindicates Cooks slating of them, and deciding the whole lot could go, doesn’t it . Cookie boy knows his stuff I think . That squad is a total reflection on Paul Lamberts later evident , total inabilities. And to think I once was so pleased to us secure Lambert as our manager . Have never been so let down tbh .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:35 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:41 pm
No coincidence its Dozzell that went up a league either.
Do you mean because you think he’s a good player Mike , or because of his “ name” in the game ?

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:08 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:35 am
Bluemike wrote:
Do you mean because you think he’s a good player Mike , or because of his “ name” in the game ?
TBH Hallam, I think with the "he's Jason Dozzell's son, he must be good" monkey off his back, I think he'll flourish,
Playing in a team where he's just another player might be what he needs.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 am

I’m not sure it’s the Dozzell name. Just think the ITFC environment has been too cosy. Not just for Dozzell, but for other youngsters and … also senior players. It’ll be good for Dozzell to get away from here. If he’s good enough, he’ll flourish.

I think Cook wants to rip apart the too comfortable atmosphere here. It could be his undoing, but think it’s necessary.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:11 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:35 am
Bluemike wrote:
I've always thought he is a very good player who for whatever reasons is not doing it, I expect him to kick on now to some level of success.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:32 am

Bishop to Mk Dons?

[url] https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ishop-move[/r

Think it’s time for him to move on. No problem for me if he leaves. We seem to have been waiting for years for him to be the player he was in 2014/15.

Hopefully, the more we see go….. the more come through the door.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:54 am

According to EADT M K Dons interested in Lancaster.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:17 pm

First-Teamers Set to Start Pre-Season Training With U23s
Wednesday, 23rd Jun 2021 11:51
Flynn Downes, Kayden Jackson, Teddy Bishop, Armando Dobra, Myles Kenlock, Jack Lankester and Brett McGavin look set to start pre-season training with the Blues U23s later this week.

At the end of the season, manager Paul Cook told most of the first-team squad that they could move on in the summer and the Blues boss appears to be reinforcing the point by relegating a number of them from first-team pre-season training, which begins on Saturday.

Lists of players set to start pre-season training with the first team and the U23s have been circulating on social media this morning with only 11 players included in the senior squad. However, both lists indicate that the situation could change “at the manager’s discretion”.

Downes is understood to be interesting Championship Barnsley and we understand the MK Dons' interest in Bishop, which we revealed this morning, is well progressed.

The 24-year-old has also been eyed by hometown club Cambridge United, who, according to the EADT are now showing interest in Lankester.

It has been a quiet close season with regard to links with Jackson, Kenlock and Lankester. Huddersfield were keen on Jackson late in the January window but have not been mentioned in connection with the 27-year-old during the summer.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:24 pm

First team dressing room.

Wes Burns
Donacien
Idris El Mizouni
Lee Evans
Holy
Ndaba
Nolan
Norwood
Toto
KVY
Wolfie

Subject to change at managers discretion.

Drinan not in either group.🤔

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:17 pm
First-Teamers Set to Start Pre-Season Training With U23s
Wednesday, 23rd Jun 2021 11:51
Flynn Downes, Kayden Jackson, Teddy Bishop, Armando Dobra, Myles Kenlock, Jack Lankester and Brett McGavin look set to start pre-season training with the Blues U23s later this week.

At the end of the season, manager Paul Cook told most of the first-team squad that they could move on in the summer and the Blues boss appears to be reinforcing the point by relegating a number of them from first-team pre-season training, which begins on Saturday.

Lists of players set to start pre-season training with the first team and the U23s have been circulating on social media this morning with only 11 players included in the senior squad. However, both lists indicate that the situation could change “at the manager’s discretion”.

Downes is understood to be interesting Championship Barnsley and we understand the MK Dons' interest in Bishop, which we revealed this morning, is well progressed.

The 24-year-old has also been eyed by hometown club Cambridge United, who, according to the EADT are now showing interest in Lankester.

It has been a quiet close season with regard to links with Jackson, Kenlock and Lankester. Huddersfield were keen on Jackson late in the January window but have not been mentioned in connection with the 27-year-old during the summer.
I did read on TWTD that the source of this was Corrie Ndaba’s mum on her WhatsApp group :)

If true, Corrie might be in some bother.

If the first team list is true we’ve only got 11 players. Could be grounds for panic, but can’t help feel this could be we’re confident in bringing in players soon. Fingers crossed.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Yes it's a bit strange but it was said only 4 or 5 would stay I can't understand why Dobra would not be in Cooks plans.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 pm
Yes it's a bit strange but it was said only 4 or 5 would stay I can't understand why Dobra would not be in Cooks plans.
That’s the one which I don’t understand. Can see that Downes is wanting to go and, hence, is now training with the 23’s - but I genuinely thought that Dobra could be one that would fit in with his plans. If, indeed, this is true. But who would doubt Corrie’s mum?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 pm
What a way to treat people.

Total knob imo and I can see this backfiring.
Who knows, Balls, what triggered Cook to go this route? At least Cook was honest - he did say he was going to be Demolition Man and he didn’t trust the players and they didn’t trust him. No point keeping players who don’t fit into his plans or there’s no mutual trust.

This could be what we need OR an absolute disaster. For now, I’m backing Cook as I’ve run out of patience with the majority of this group of players and Cook has a good track record. The players don’t have good track records - they’re mediocre L1 players or L2 players.
Personally I don’t care if he’s a knob as long as he can get us challenging at the top and playing some decent football.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 pm

Lets not assume this is not a wind up Guys... seems bery dubious to me.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... ve-3283731

Good player but it seems always injured.😩

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 pm
Exactly. Doesn't look real to me.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:29 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm
Imagine a scenario where firstly this is true and secondly we dont manage to sign sufficient incomers for the seasons start.

We will sign enough players as we should have enough cash at this level and there are plenty of players available. Big question is will they be better than what we have/had.

These players, who are now even more aggrieved than before, are hardly going to put in a good shift for us upon recall to the first team are they?
Did these players do enough for us to care about their hurt feelings? If they’re not prepared to put in a proper shift then they should find another club. Shouldn’t matter if they like the manager or not. Is this the idea we have to be nice to them before they decide to play well?

There are ways and means to achieve what you want and it is far more astute to keep your cards closer to your chest.

You could prove to be right there. But it’s Cooks own high-strategy risk and he’ll face the music if it goes wrong. At least he’s backing himself without a safety net. He won’t last long if it goes tits up.

This is the second or third naively thought out approach so far.
It could be a spectacular disaster, but I think we’re over-estimating what we already had here. If it goes wrong we’ll go from a mediocre L1 side to a … um…mediocre L1 side. I don’t see where we’ll lose out that much.
Your fears, Balls, could well turn out to be true. If we don’t have many decent signings in the next 2/3 weeks I’ll start to worry. It’s not July yet, though.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Last seasons squad were a shambles. Deviod of ambition or self-belief, not just over a handful of games but throughout the mainstay of it. Point being new additions that will arrive over the summer has to be an improvement. Seems we're going about our business slowly regards transfers, guess it's somethng to be expected, Cook and his advisers were never going to rush out and purchase names left and right. It's not so much the quality of what we bring in just the need to perform and a willingness to play for the team and heart in the right place.

i think before it were largely evident a number of playes particulalry in the last third of the season just didn't appear to want to be here and had their minds and thoughts elsewhere. It were essential we got rid of that group number although guessing one or two names remain. Should be exciting by start of season to see by then a largely different squad set-up but question remains how quickly will they settle in or adapt to a new club set-up and surround.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:09 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 pm
Exactly. Doesn't look real to me.
The latest EADT story claims it’s true and the players have been informed.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... 3s-8082572

TBF - This just goes along with what Cook has said about widespread changes.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:35 pm

I guess so. Maybe we are finding it as hard to come to terms with as some of the players :D

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:14 pm

I'm confident we'd have enough players to field a team coming the first game of the season, worst case we bring in some of the promising youth players into the squad.

I'm not panicking, be patient - its very early days still.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Its a total scam, come on guys really

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:26 pm
Mike, I feel it is true. Watson and Warren held of this story for a while - and looks like they only wrote about it after they got confirmation (from the club.?) Is it really that much of a shock?

“Six senior Ipswich Town players have been told they will start pre-season training with the club's Under-23s.

Blues players were informed yesterday, via written correspondence, which squad they would be involved with when reporting to Playford Road on Saturday.

Just 11 players are on the 'first team dressing room' list. They are summer signings Lee Evans and Wes Burns, plus Tomas Holy, Kane Vincent-Young, Janoi Donacien, Luke Woolfenden, Toto Nsiala, Corrie Ndaba, Jon Nolan, Idris El Mizouni and James Norwood.

”By contrast, there were 31 players on the 'Under-23s dressing room' list, including Flynn Downes, Kayden Jackson, Myles Kenlock, Teddy Bishop, Armando Dobra and Jack Lankester .

Subject to change at the manager's discretion'. “.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:04 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Good player but it seems always injured.😩
Hasn’t he only been at Pompey a season though ( injured mostly), but prior to that played for Cook at Wigan when they went up as champions….and played nearly every game ?

I wonder if there’s more to this than meets the eye? Maybe “ injuries” are not the issue, ( but they dressed it up as the problem) but more the player’s willingness to play for the club? One thing you can be sure of is Paul Cook will really “know” this player inside out . He’ll know his footballing ability and know his temperament. He won’t be signing or targeting any dud imo.
Last edited by hallamblue on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:10 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:37 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mike, I feel it is true. Watson and Warren held of this story for a while - and looks like they only wrote about it after they got confirmation (from the club.?) Is it really that much of a shock?

“Six senior Ipswich Town players have been told they will start pre-season training with the club's Under-23s.

Blues players were informed yesterday, via written correspondence, which squad they would be involved with when reporting to Playford Road on Saturday.

Just 11 players are on the 'first team dressing room' list. They are summer signings Lee Evans and Wes Burns, plus Tomas Holy, Kane Vincent-Young, Janoi Donacien, Luke Woolfenden, Toto Nsiala, Corrie Ndaba, Jon Nolan, Idris El Mizouni and James Norwood.

”By contrast, there were 31 players on the 'Under-23s dressing room' list, including Flynn Downes, Kayden Jackson, Myles Kenlock, Teddy Bishop, Armando Dobra and Jack Lankester .

There is no way it is true, if there was such a list no way would it be paraded for the public gaze to see, nor would there be players left off the list altogether, Aaron Drinan to name but one, its someone playing games, 100% Tomasz Holy has been told he's gone too so there are too many anomalies for me.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:13 pm

Phil Ham has reiterated that he has “ other sources to back up this article “…… that said then if it’s true,

It looks like a clear message from Cook to those players still at the club…..

“ you’re not wanted, you won’t be playing, so you may as well find another Club”. Given the
“performances” they put in for him, there following Cooks arrival (when a top 6 was well within reach but they decided to down tools), Id say good on ya Cookie boy , and f luck the lot of em.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:10 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:37 pm
Bluemike wrote:

There is no way it is true, if there was such a list no way would it be paraded for the public gaze to see, nor would there be players left off the list altogether, Aaron Drinan to name but one, its someone playing games, 100% Tomasz Holy has been told he's gone too so there are too many anomalies for me.
I don’t think they wanted this to become public. It was apparently Corrie Ndaba’s mum who tweeted / WhatsApped it :). Brilliant.

Maybe I’m giving too much faith to the EADT, but I don’t think they’d print this if it wasn’t true…. Or had some credibility. They did wait a bit before they printed it. I don’t think they would jeopardise their relationship with the club. If it’s a hoax…it’s a good one as it got TWTD and EADT printing stories.

Who knows…. Maybe Drinan is being sold on….. and for the first day of training they might need one GK ((Holy). Can’t expect the players to be rush keeper.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:30 pm

That’s Ndaba out the club then :lol: :lol: