Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ricco

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Ricco » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Well half of those are old hat! At times it felt like the injury list was longer than the fit list. Let's hope at least to have only an average number of injuries from here.

hallamblue

Town linked with GK

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:50 am

Town linked with Brighton GK , Walton .

Any good ?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... per-walton

Kerry Blue

Re: Town linked with GK

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:02 am

He's the keeper I wanted early on he did well for Cook before, I think we would have got him but Brighton I think had an option for another season or gave him a new one I can't remember which.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 am

Meanwhile, the Blues have started discussions with Boro about their tenacious midfielder Morsy.

Morsy was captain under Cook's management at both Chesterfield and Wigan and would certainly bring some differing qualities to the side.

It's an ambitious move, given the 29-year-old has been a regular starter for Neil Warnock's side, but there's a sense he could be made available at the right price given the midfield options at the Riverside.

The former Egyptian international was shown a straight red card for a late challenge in the latter stages of yesterday's 1-1 home draw with Blackburn

Also EADT running this story, yes please.👍
Last edited by Kerry Blue on Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:25 am

Morsy would be the ideal player, but feel he’s too far out of our reach.

Why would he drop a division? He has he played under Cook, though. Think this one could be a tad too ambitious.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Town after two players ….
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:06 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 am
Meanwhile, the Blues have started discussions with Boro about their tenacious midfielder Morsy.

Morsy was captain under Cook's management at both Chesterfield and Wigan and would certainly bring some differing qualities to the side.

It's an ambitious move, given the 29-year-old has been a regular starter for Neil Warnock's side, but there's a sense he could be made available at the right price given the midfield options at the Riverside.

The former Egyptian international was shown a straight red card for a late challenge in the latter stages of yesterday's 1-1 home draw with Blackburn

Also EADT running this story, he's please.👍
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:10 am

It would appear the Christian Walton signing could be confirmed today. If it is this would be a master stroke from Paul Cook to secure a GK at this level.

Not sure why we’ve started a new Transfer Thread, this could get very disjointed, hope you guys won’t mind if I merge this topic with “Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window”

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 am

It’s also rumoured this morning that we’re close to agreeing the loan signing of Bersant Celina from the French League 2 side Dijon. Whilst he would clearly be a class signing at this level I think we have other more pressing priorities like a GK and CB.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 am
It’s also rumoured this morning that we’re close to agreeing the loan signing of Bersant Celina from the French League 2 side Dijon. Whilst he would clearly be a class signing at this level I think we have other more pressing priorities like a GK and CB.
I just can’t get into all this hype about Celina returning.
As you say we have far more pressing issues and I would add the need for a DM to those you have stated.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:09 am

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... an-signing

And Walton having his medical ….. brilliant news .well done Ashton and Cook on these signings . Bloody awesome tbh

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:58 am

Great work to get Walton in, I think it will only help Hladky too. As for Celina, no thanks, pointless.

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:02 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 am
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 am
I just can’t get into all this hype about Celina returning.
As you say we have far more pressing issues and I would add the need for a DM to those you have stated.
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t get it. We desperately need someone who is not only a ball-winner but someone who can control games as a DM. Scoring goals isn’t the main problem, we need to manage games better and stop giving stupid goals away.

I’ve given up trying to work out how many senior players we are allowed and if we can afford them. That’s Ashton’s problem. Don’t get this Celina interest. We’ve got loads of players now that can play wide. Why did we even bother snapping up Aluko?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:21 am

I think people need to appreciate Ashton / Cook are operating on multiple fronts simultaneously. We are planning for the higher league as well as getting out of this division this season. Celina is clearly a flair player with a view to post promotion … but Ashton is also working on sorting out the defensive side of the team, 8n DCM and GK …it’ll happen people , its many pieces of the jigsaw going into place …..

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:44 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:21 am
I think people need to appreciate Ashton / Cook are operating on multiple fronts simultaneously. We are planning for the higher league as well as getting out of this division this season. Celina is clearly a flair player with a view to post promotion … but Ashton is also working on sorting out the defensive side of the team, 8n DCM and GK …it’ll happen people , its many pieces of the jigsaw going into place …..
I guess we’ll see over the next two days. If we do get a DCM - we’re leaving it late. Should have been done before now. Just feels we’re overloading in some positions and neglecting others. Our problems are becoming obvious in that we need to control games better and we’re very vulnerable. If we get an upgrade on Hdlaky then it doesn’t solve the problem how we get over-run and how we stop balls being crossed into our box. Celina won’t help that as he’s pretty much useless off the ball and can’t defend.
When we brought in Carroll, we should have brought in a proper DCM. We’ll see - a big last 24 hours in the transfer window, I hope. Looks a bit unbalanced ATM.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Maybe it’s a case of having those targets from the off but knowing we would be unable to get them until just before window closes because these targets are either sought after or clubs not sure if they want to release … possibly depending on who they are attempting to get in . This looks to be the case with Morsy (spl) , I think .

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:19 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:08 pm
Maybe it’s a case of having those targets from the off but knowing we would be unable to get them until just before window closes because these targets are either sought after or clubs not sure if they want to release … possibly depending on who they are attempting to get in . This looks to be the case with Morsy (spl) , I think .
If we get Morsy it’s a serious coup. But you can’t just gamble on bringing players in in the hope that they get a replacement before they release him. That’s out of our control. If we miss out, we’re looking weak in an important area. Morsy’s been playing regularly and it’s not as if he’s an unwanted player. Good luck to Ashton if we get him. We’ll have a better idea in a couple of days but this whole squad building looks a bit imbalanced and lacking in experience. Still have faith, but less so than a week ago. Still can’t get my head around Celina where we’ve got other holes to fill.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:40 pm

I assume the Walton loan means that we could get him on a free next season all being well, as to Celina although I like him and he scores a few goals I don't see where we will play him I hope he's not instead of Morsy, also we can only have 20 outfield players, surely some have to go.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:43 pm

Walton season long loan confirmed 👍

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:50 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:40 pm
I assume the Walton loan means that we could get him on a free next season all being well, as to Celina although I like him and he scores a few goals I don't see where we will play him I hope he's not instead of Morsy, also we can only have 20 outfield players, surely some have to go.
I’ve given up trying to work it all out regarding squad size. To bring in Morsy or a DCM we’ll surely have to move players on.

Ashton’s likely to have a very busy next 24 hours. Seems all very last minute and we seem to be relying a lot of other clubs getting deals done.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:27 pm

End of the day we have to trust Ashton and Cook know what they are doing, I am sure one or two will be shipped out or loaned over the next day or so left.

Just imagine what it could of been like it we were not taken over and Ashton was not here, time will tell but things are slowly getting better, keep the faith!

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:29 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:50 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:40 pm
I’ve given up trying to work it all out regarding squad size. To bring in Morsy or a DCM we’ll surely have to move players on.

Ashton’s likely to have a very busy next 24 hours. Seems all very last minute and we seem to be relying a lot of other clubs getting deals done.
Loads of business has been done already👍 I suppose some deals were always going to be last minute!
Anyway it is a pleasant change to actually have someone to achieve this!

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:38 pm

Taken from that other site so if correct some need shifting.

We have 15 new signing over 21

3 potentially inbound

plus Nsiala, Norwood, Holy, Donacien, Wolfenden, Kenlock, Jackson, Nolan, KVY

I make that 27 players potentially.

With Kenlock gone, I can see. Holy and Donacien going. Wolfenden potentially going out on loan or Nsiala going permanently and one of either Jackson or Norwood going.
[Post edited

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:50 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:38 pm
Taken from that other site so if correct some need shifting.

We have 15 new signing over 21

3 potentially inbound

plus Nsiala, Norwood, Holy, Donacien, Wolfenden, Kenlock, Jackson, Nolan, KVY

I make that 27 players potentially.

With Kenlock gone, I can see. Holy and Donacien going. Wolfenden potentially going out on loan or Nsiala going permanently and one of either Jackson or Norwood going.
[Post edited
If one of the inbound is a GK - that doesn’t count to the 20. Only outfield. But then we’ll have to shift Holy.

Toto, Norwood, Nolan all injured - difficult to shift. Donacien can be shifted - but he’s impressed me with his versatility.

Ashton must be on top of this - I’m sure he can count and knows all this. I do wonder if we’ll have to take a hit on some of their wages ie not include them in the squad, but pay their wages.
Last edited by tangfastic on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:50 pm

Dobs set for Col Ewe…

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... colchester

Feel sorry for him tbh . He’s far too good for league two and he’s better than the fat tub o lard we’ve got in on a free and who plodded around the pitch second half on sat.

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:50 pm
Dobs set for Col Ewe…

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... colchester

Feel sorry for him tbh . He’s far too good for league two and he’s better than the fat tub o lard we’ve got in on a free and who plodded around the pitch second half on sat.
Agreed. I’d be seriously pissed of if Sears or Judge keeps him out of the team.

I also would like him to be in a different dressing room to one he’s been in before. It’s virtually the same as last season’s.

Won’t be many kind words in that dressing room towards Cook.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:16 pm

The jig saw is certainly coming together with Christian Walton confirmed. Not much longer to wait before we have the full picture including knowing who will be our regular captain taking the leading role on the pitch.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:42 pm

Hope that Walton comes in and settles things down, has a fairly decent record a league up, so has to be an excellent keeper at this level.

It's just a shame that highlight reels of keepers are all about shot stopping, I just don't think it's that relevent at this level these days, it's almost the same as seeing a highlight reel for a defender showing all their goals, it just doesn't help to judge. We need a keeper that commands the area, organises the defence, so I hope we get that, I don't know enough about him to know for sure, but I have a half decent feeling.

I think Hladky is probably a better shot stopper, but his energy is too skittish and while that makes him look high energy and makes him a good shot stopper, it doesn't help other attributes. He seems a confidence player and he just hasn't settled, really harsh on him in a way, but he's not taken his chance and you have to in that posistion, you can't shy away from the action and grow in to it like you may be able to in a different spot.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:35 pm

No idea with Celina, what worries me more is that we're considering bringing in more players in posistions where we've already signed a hatful. One of the very first things that Cook said when he turned up is that the squad is far too large. Aren't we just doing that again, haven't we got enough of these types of players now, what does that say of Cook's confidence in them, would they really be happy to be signed and then plonked on the bench or worse.

Really makes me question signings like Aluko. We've made the mistake with mulitple managers of panicking and bringing in poor singings, bloating the squad and unsettling things in the squad (and in the accountant's office) rather than bringing in more quality. Hmmmmm unsettles me too.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 pm

He now has 2 weeks to sort out the squad
Formation .
Bolton at home will be the proof if he has got it correct ..
No more excuses about being in pre season mode .