Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:52 am

Harper “significantly advanced “deal held up due to WBA uncertainty as they continue their search for a new manager …….

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... up-8069926

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 pm

The fans moan about lack of signings so its good to see the truth sometimes, it's not always this clubs fault.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Exactly what I posted on TWTD forum.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Do you think we should re-sign Harvey White. I thought he was a bit anonymous.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com ... vey-white/

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:08 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Portsmouth didn't think he was anonymous 😂😂😂

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:08 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Portsmouth didn't think he was anonymous 😂😂😂
They’ve obviously understood they’re talking crap as they’ve blocked their link. Here’s what apparently David Norris said. Absolute loads of crap on the internet.

”David Norris was impressed with Harvey White during his loan spell with Ipswich last season and has urged the club to re-sign him this summer.
The teenager made the loan switch from Tottenham for the remainder of the campaign in January as the Tractor Boys looked to get their promotion bid back on track.

And whilst their hopes of making the top-six never quite got going after Christmas, White made a big impact in what was his first taste of regular senior football.

White had made just two first-team appearances at Spurs prior to his Portman Road move, but quickly became a regular under Paul Lambert and then Paul Cook as Ipswich eventually finished ninth, five points behind the play-offs”.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:13 am

??? I can honestly say I can't even remember him being here !! Who the hell is he? Would rather have Parrott tbh.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:27 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:13 am
??? I can honestly say I can't even remember him being here !! Who the hell is he? Would rather have Parrott tbh.
He actually played on loan for Pompey. Whoever put this crap out didn’t do their research and said he played for Town under Lambert and Cook. Just goes to show how many crap football websites there are…. Just piecing together any half-truth or no-truth or rumour and peddling it as genuine info. They did half- amend it, but then said he played under Paul Lambert and Danny Cowley at Pompey. Made me laugh.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 am

Oh lol, I completely missed the irony of it, these sites are so bad

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:47 am

Town up their offer for Dundee keeper……

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ted-keeper

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:57 am

Now linked with Brum striker Sam Cosgrove on loan ….

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... am-striker

Question: would we be considering loan signings , even at this early stage ?

Edit …. Further thoughts are ….

That old chestnut of “but championship clubs want the player ……”

I suppose at least we are aiming for a higher calibre of player . But with that comes the frustration that we are competing with Championship Clubs, and therefore either stand little chance of getting these players , or we are waiting until near the end of the window to stand any chance of getting said player. Problem is we can’t afford to wait until the 12th hour can we .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pm

I'd love to see us get a striker like Cosgrove...6'2", 31 goals in 64 starts for Aberdeen! As Hallam says though, surely he'll go to another Championship club.
That old chestnut
:lol: Reminds me of a joke.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pm
I'd love to see us get a striker like Cosgrove...6'2", 31 goals in 64 starts for Aberdeen! As Hallam says though, surely he'll go to another Championship club.
That old chestnut
Good goals record at Aberdeen - but according to wiki has not scored at championship level in 12 appearances.

Would that suggest that championship sides might not want him and he could kick start his career at a lower level.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:12 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pm
That old chestnut
Good goals record at Aberdeen - but according to wiki has not scored at championship level in 12 appearances.

Would that suggest that championship sides might not want him and he could kick start his career at a lower level.
I hope so! He looks pretty stocky too.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:16 am

Town are reportedly close to agreeing a fee with Dundee United for keeper Benjamin Siegrist.

The Blues have been linked with the Swiss-born keeper since May with a number of stories over the last 24 hours claiming an offer understood to be £350,000 had been made and then turned down.

Now Football Insider is reporting that the Blues’ bid is close to being agreed and that all parties expect the deal to go through despite Celtic having shown interest. Reports elsewhere have indicated the Glasgow giants, who have been linked since January, will not firm up their interest. Wigan were also mentioned as among the 29-year-old's suitors over the weekend.

It now appears increasingly likely that Siegrist will be one of the two keepers Town are set to sign this summer with Dai Cornell having already departed and Tomas Holy among those told at the end of the season that he can move on.

Siegrist, who has a year left on his contract at Tannadice, joined the Aston Villa youth set-up when 16 having previously been with hometown club FC Therwil and FC Basel.

While a Villa player he spent time on loan at Burton Albion, Cambridge United, Solihull Moors and Wycombe Wanderers.

Having been unable to break into the first team at Villa Park, the 6ft 5in tall keeper, who has been capped by Switzerland at U17, U18, U19 and U21 levels, moved on to Vaduz in Liechtenstein in the summer of 2016 for a fee of £210,000.

After two years in which he won the Liechtenstein Football Cup twice, Siegrist departed for Dundee United, with whom he won the Scottish Championship in 2019/20, where former Blues keeper Neil Alexander is the goalkeeping coach.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:34 am

Here: not sure if this is an update on Mikes but I’d already copied it so thought I’d post it anyway x

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/511199/sie ... -report/#0

Edit: is he any good Marko ?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:57 pm

The Dundee Utd keeper looks good I assume we won't be signing MacGillivray from Portsmouth as I'm sure he wouldn't want to be on the bench as to a striker I would like to have Joe Pigott he looked good against us and if he can score 20 goals in a poor side he should get plenty for us and is on a free transfer.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:21 pm

I see MM has signed McGuinness from Arsenal.
Obviously he must have seen something in him that the majority of our fans didn't.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:41 pm

I used to like McGuinness…definitely one for the future. I suppose signing for Cardiff is that next step up for him tbh.

Cant wait to get out of this sodding league one…it’s so incapacitating for the Club.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:49 pm

Benjamin Kevin Siegrist (born 31 January 1992) is a Swiss professional footballer, who plays in League One for Ipswich Town as a goalkeeper. He was a member of the Switzerland squad at the 2012 Olympic Games in London and went on to represent the Swiss Under-21s.[3] In 2009, Siegrist was part of his nation's FIFA U-17 World Cup winning side, during which he also received the competition's inaugural Golden Glove award for best goalkeeper. During seven years in the Aston Villa Academy Siegrist undertook a series of short-term loans to English Football League and Conference sides. After a spell in the Swiss Super League with Vaduz, Siegrist signed for Scottish club Dundee United in 2018.

Benjamin Siegrist
Benjamin Siegrist.jpg
Siegrist with Aston Villa in November 2014.
Personal information
Full name
Benjamin Kevin Siegrist[1]
Date of birth
31 January 1992 (age 29)
Place of birth
Therwil, Basel-Country, Switzerland
Height
1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)[2]
Position(s)
Goalkeeper
Club information
Current team
Ipswich Town
Number
Youth career
2000–2002
FC Therwil
2002–2009
FC Basel
2009–2012
Aston Villa
Senior career*
Years
Team
Apps
(Gls)
2012–2016
Aston Villa
(0)
→ Burton Albion (loan)
(0)
→ Cambridge United (loan)
(0)
2015–2016
→ Solihull Moors (loan)
(0)
→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)
(0)
2016–2018
Vaduz
(0)
2018–2021
Dundee United
(0)
2021-
Ipswich Town
(0)
Let's hope they are right.👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Lol “ current team……Ipswich Town number 1” ….do they know something we don’t? :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:08 pm

Hawkins gone to Mansfield on a 2 year deal.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Hawkins is the 18th player who appeared in League One for Town last season to move on.

Luke Chambers, Cole Skuse, Freddie Sears and Alan Judge joined Colchester as free agents, while James Wilson signed a two-year deal with Plymouth after he was released. Emyr Huws, Tristan Nydam and Stephen Ward remain free agents.

Goalkeeper David Cornell's contract was mutually terminated 10 days ago, with the Welshman set for a Championship move, while Andre Dozzell has also moved to the second tier, signing for QPR after the Loftus Road side activated his £1million release clause.

Gwion Edwards has joined Wigan after turning down a new deal with Town, while Mark McGuinness (now at Cardiff), Keanan Bennetts, Josh Harrop, Luke Matheson, Luke Thomas and Troy Parrott have returned to their parent clubs at the end of loan moves.

The Blues have so far made two additions, with Wes Burns and Lee Evans both signing three-year deals, while Ipswich have made significant progress in a move for West Brom midfielder Rekeem Harper. The deal needs to be signed off at the Hawthorns.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:27 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm
Hawkins is the 18th player who appeared in League One for Town last season to move on.

Luke Chambers, Cole Skuse, Freddie Sears and Alan Judge joined Colchester as free agents, while James Wilson signed a two-year deal with Plymouth after he was released. Emyr Huws, Tristan Nydam and Stephen Ward remain free agents.

Goalkeeper David Cornell's contract was mutually terminated 10 days ago, with the Welshman set for a Championship move, while Andre Dozzell has also moved to the second tier, signing for QPR after the Loftus Road side activated his £1million release clause.

Gwion Edwards has joined Wigan after turning down a new deal with Town, while Mark McGuinness (now at Cardiff), Keanan Bennetts, Josh Harrop, Luke Matheson, Luke Thomas and Troy Parrott have returned to their parent clubs at the end of loan moves.

The Blues have so far made two additions, with Wes Burns and Lee Evans both signing three-year deals, while Ipswich have made significant progress in a move for West Brom midfielder Rekeem Harper. The deal needs to be signed off at the Hawthorns.

I’m surprised we got a fee for Hawkins. Don’t expect it was much but as they say every little bit helps.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:27 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm

I’m surprised we got a fee for Hawkins. Don’t expect it was much but as they say every little bit helps.
50k? I was expecting it would be difficult to shift players like Hawkins. He must be on better wages here, but if he gets a two year deal and a chance to play - then I guess that’s enough persuasion.
I know we want to see players brought in, but we also need to offload, too.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Ashton is worth his weight In gold getting fees for these donkeys

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:19 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:08 pm
Hawkins gone to Mansfield on a 2 year deal.
Yip , seems we’re still clearing out doesnt it !

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... ld-8075992

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Another one gone

Hawkins to Mansfield.

Of all the 18 that's gone is it only Dozzell gone up a league, and most of the rest that have found a club have gone down?
If so just shows what level of players we've had to put up with

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 pm
Another one gone

Hawkins to Mansfield.

Of all the 18 that's gone is it only Dozzell gone up a league, and most of the rest that have found a club have gone down?
If so just shows what level of players we've had to put up with
That’s what I was thinking as well. And the last two years we were considered a promotion-chasing side. Four players dropped a division and went down the road to Colchester. Granted their decision was probably based on family, but hardly showing any hunger or ambition. Glad they’ve gone.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:41 pm

No coincidence its Dozzell that went up a league either.