Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 am

I would now like to see a few players leaving and finding other clubs, I thought Donacien might have interested Fleetwood, I think now we have Burns it seems unlikely we will need him for backup to KVY now, but it's early days I suppose.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Some Wigan fans think it’s far from a done deal

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/thre ... 60/page-15

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:29 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 am
I would now like to see a few players leaving and finding other clubs, I thought Donacien might have interested Fleetwood, I think now we have Burns it seems unlikely we will need him for backup to KVY now, but it's early days I suppose.
I thought he stayed at Fleetwood as part of the deal for Burns, Kerry ? But Not sure though ..

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:46 pm

This is what we’d get IF he signs for us...

https://youtu.be/GlgZo50_oA8

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:53 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:29 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 am
I thought he stayed at Fleetwood as part of the deal for Burns, Kerry ? But Not sure though ..
I know it was talked about but I've not seen anything about him going to Fleetwood.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:27 pm

Evans would be a super signing and I'm pretty sure if he's in Suffolk for a medical it will happen. Liking our signings so far.......

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:24 pm

I'm reading we beat off competition from Coventry, Hull and Millwall to sign Wes Burns, that really is a promising sign, we must be paying the wages.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:24 pm
I'm reading we beat off competition from Coventry, Hull and Millwall to sign Wes Burns, that really is a promising sign, we must be paying the wages.
That and hopefully a top contract negotiator? Certainly bodes well if we have brushed aside 3 (now) Championship sides. Was not that long ago we seemed to be struggling to compete with teams lower than us

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:03 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:38 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:24 pm
That and hopefully a top contract negotiator? Certainly bodes well if we have brushed aside 3 (now) Championship sides. Was not that long ago we seemed to be struggling to compete with teams lower than us
Also, Mark Ashton's familiarity with former players is a bonus.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Rumours are that there has been a problem with Evans medical which has required further investigation and that is why there is a delay in the announcement of his signing.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:04 pm

It's done 👏👏👏 welcome Lee Evans.

This is a huge football club and it’s a massive honour to be here. It’s been a great day for me, signing for a club like this and I’m already looking forward to pre-season," Lee told iFollow Ipswich.

"I’ve had a few chats with the manager and he expressed his desire to bring me in. It’s an exciting move for me and having seen the Club today, with the facilities, I can’t wait to get going.

"I’ve played for the manager before and he has shown a lot of faith in me in bringing me here in a season when there is only one aim and that is to get promoted. That’s a big compliment to me and I can’t thank him enough.

"Hopefully I will be part of a successful team because that’s what everyone associated with Ipswich wants."

Lee’s arrival was announced on the Club’s social media channels by young Town fan Evelyn, who met the new signing in the Planet Blue superstore.

See the full interview with Lee later.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Love the introduction to the club by the 8 year old girl. Really nice touch by the club.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:59 pm

I’m a bit late but I’m enjoying this .....

YES GET IN THERE !!!!!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... wn-8027580

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:30 pm
Rumours are that there has been a problem with Evans medical which has required further investigation and that is why there is a delay in the announcement of his signing.
Who on earth starts these rumours

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:30 pm
Who on earth starts these rumours
God knows, probably a case of because he was out for a period of time last season with a knee injury and the signing hadn’t been announced by lunch time they thought they would try and make out that were in the know and came up with this BS.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:24 pm

That's the problem Tony, some fans just love it to fail

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Maintaining a positive note ....

Come on then guys, who’s next in through the Town door.....if you can’t name a player, name a position in the team likely to be signed next .

I’m going with, Defender - Connolly from Everton.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 pm

I really like to see us sign a good goalie.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:55 am

Hopefully Dale and/or Kirk from Crewe

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 am

Well, that is a very good signing - perfect midfielder at this level who will definitely give the team what has been missing lately.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:37 am

rossi wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 am
Well, that is a very good signing - perfect midfielder at this level who will definitely give the team what has been missing lately.
I agree. For me our midfield, for all the bloated squad we had in that department, we were very short of real quality. With a weak midfield you lose attacking creativity and defensive guile. Apart from Downes and possibly Dozzell (only when used correctly), nobody else offered a great deal consistently.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:44 am

Reading about Evans he seems to be a pretty decent league one player, according to most Wigan fans. Hopefully, not injury-prone as he was out for 3 months last season after a knee op. Apparently came back strong and influential in them escaping relegation.

Probably smart money on Connolly to come in. Released by Everton yesterday and someone on TWTD was very insistent Connolly was at the club last week ( yet more rumours). If he does come in, another solid League One player. I’m all for us going for experienced campaigners at a good age at this level. We seemed to have a squad full of either over-the-hill players and inexperienced youngsters and we always looked off the pace and not strong enough.

I’d really like us to get a decent L1 striker. I think I’d prefer Pigott over Wyke. Another who looked good against us ( if that means anything).

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:39 am

Or Mullin from Cambridge, living with Norwood should help

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:06 pm

Will interesting to see how close this “in the know” poster on twtd is with this piece of “defo info”...........

Smallwood (Hull captain), Pearce (Wigan left back) and Callum Connolly all likely to sign in the next week or so.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:43 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:06 pm
Will interesting to see how close this “in the know” poster on twtd is with this piece of “defo info”...........

Smallwood (Hull captain), Pearce (Wigan left back) and Callum Connolly all likely to sign in the next week or so.
Callum Connolly signed for Shrewsbury last Thursday Hallam

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/202 ... hropshire/

I've seen someone saying he's the next one in on the FB pages as well.
But he ain't gonna be now

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:10 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:43 pm
hallamblue wrote:

That was Pennington who also was on loan at Town who signed for Shrewsbury, as to Smallwood I'm not sure about him had a knee injury in February I believe and missed the rest of the season.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:40 am

Wish players when coming here / transfer from elsewhere would quit labeling us a quote : "huge football club". We're not, and never have been. Not in terms of true stature anyhow. (Sure) We had our time in the sun and did some amazing things for some short sporadic times but when someone arrives and states we're something we're not, just kind of take issue with things sometimes.

With that aside understand both Evans (not a name you'd wish to see back here) and Burns are the two foremost players we've brought in since end of season. Saw the latter's record with Fleetwood, OK it's lower league not Serie A, but seems a lousy goals to game ratio. Was it a name we needed here, I'd be prepared to give most a chance such was the ineptitude of our forwards last season, however just seem totally indifferent with that particular purchase.

The Wigan kid also we brought in, don't know quite what to expect but seems to garner some impressive response. That it happens to be one of Cooks old players from a previous team set-up seems far from coincidence. Guess the final picture when assembled of what the new team will look like in August should be highly anticipated. A largely new side will be exciting but it's essential they understand why they've been brought in and adapt the right mentality and attitude needed.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:48 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:10 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:43 pm
hallamblue wrote:

That was Pennington who also was on loan at Town who signed for Shrewsbury, as to Smallwood I'm not sure about him had a knee injury in February I believe and missed the rest of the season.
I stand corrected Kerry, I swear it said Connolly, I guess I must be getting old and blind lol

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Town continue to be linked with Accrington Stanley striker Colby Bishop.

The Blues were initially mentioned in connection with the 24-year-old last month and, according to The Sun on Sunday, remain interested.

Bishop came through the youth system at hometown club Notts County and spent time on loan at Gloucester City while with the Magpies.

Having made only two senior starts and two sub appearances, 5ft 11in tall Bishop left and moved on to Worcester City, Boston and Leamington before returning to league football with Accrington in 2019.

Bishop has netted 12 times in each of his two seasons in League One with Stanley, including two against Town in their 2-0 victory over the Blues at the Wham Stadium in 2019/20, one from the penalty spot.

Huddersfield are also reported to be among a number of Championship and other League One sides keen on Bishop this summer. He is contracted to Accrington for another season with the club having an option for a further year.

Manager John Coleman hasn’t ruled out selling players this summer if it’s the right thing to do for the overall good of Stanley and if the fee is significant.

“Myself and [owner] Andy [Holt] are on the same page and, if we think the best business sense is to sell a player for the good of the club, that’s what we will do and it doesn’t matter who the player is,” Coleman told the Lancashire Telegraph last month.

“They are educated decisions, made with the interest of the club whereas in the past we had to sell to survive and that’s not the case anymore.

“That means you get the market value, the starting price for our top players now is well over a million.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:19 pm

Town are reported to be among a number of clubs interested in Preston North End striker Jayden Stockley but with Portsmouth believed to be the favourites for the 27-year-old’s signature.

According to the Lancashire Post, Charlton looked to be the Poole-born frontman’s destination after a loan spell in which he scored eight times in the second half of 2020/21.

However, Pompey are now understood to have been given permission to talk to the former AFC Bournemouth trainee, while Town and Rotherham are also said to have shown interest.

Stockley joined Preston from Exeter for £750,000 in January 2019 but it’s thought that they will have to accept a lower fee this summer, perhaps around £400,000 to £500,000.

Prior to his time with the Grecians, Stockley was with Aberdeen, having been on loan at Accrington, Woking, Leyton Orient, Torquay, Cambridge United, Luton, Portsmouth and then Exeter while with the Cherries.

He worked under Paul Cook in his spells at both Accrington and Portsmouth.