Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:38 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:09 pm
wilnisfan wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:46 pm
Great signing. Sounds like some leadership at the back.

This is just what the other defenders need. Someone with enough league experience to guide them. Woolfy really could do with some help. He is often caught in no mans land between whether to go to his man or stand off.

Having a strong voice behind him will help him develop. But it sounds like we have really invested in two strong centre backs and some hard working players around them.

This is the key to this division, I feel we have goals in us now, so keeping them out will give everyone confidence to make that extra yard, extra pass, extra movement
Well I hope he’s a leader. Hopeful he can do a good job for us.

As for Woolfenden, why should we bring in CB’s to play alongside him and babysit him? He’s got to do his job and earn the right to be in the team. He should have enough experience now to know the basics of defending.

If Woolfy isn’t up to it……. there’s the door. Don’t think Cook will waste any time developing players …. It’s his job on the line.
Agree with that ref Woolfy, had his chance, not up to it and when Toto is fit he may just squeeze 4th choice, until Elkan Baggott breaks through that is.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Judging by Cooks comment on FB I’d say Woolfie is out on Tuesday and being replaced by the new CB we’ve just signed.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:42 pm

Can anyone venture a guess on how much we’ve spent on contracts so far?

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am

number 9 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:42 pm
It’ll be right upto the limit - I.e 60 percent of our turnover. I roughy worked it out once, can’t recall the figure now.

I’d guess most of the squad are on 5-10k a week, some a little more perhaps. I get the impression the owners are just maxing out what they are allowed by the financial rules, whilst also trying to be fairly smart in bringing in players with sell on value if they do well.
However this summer I believe is very different to what we’ll see, we have quickly put a squad together in the more traditional method of scouting. I think next year on we will be signing players from a much more data driven point of view, once that department has had time to be be assembled.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:09 am

Looks like another incoming imminent and a welcome one too...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... on-carroll

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:10 am

Midfielder Tom Carroll could be signed as soon as today, a good experienced player and on a free.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:11 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:09 am

You just beat me lol

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am

Tom Carroll would be a great signing, I just hope the over supply of midfield players doesn’t become counter productive either by causing unrest within the squad or even worse weekly rotation.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:21 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:11 am
Dazzz67 wrote:

You just beat me lol
Hey Mike I thought you we’re on holiday ?.... we’re looking forward to a change of scenery too and will be away in the morning. By the time we get back Cookie should have a full squad put together. All we need then is to start winning.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:23 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am
Tom Carroll would be a great signing, I just hope the over supply of midfield players doesn’t become counter productive either by causing unrest within the squad or even worse weekly rotation.
Well I guess he’s in competition with Evans and Harper for those two deep midfielder roles. Nolan is injured and might be moved on.
The competition of places is really in those front four roles.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:24 am

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:23 am
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am
Well I guess he’s in competition with Evans and Harper for those two deep midfielder roles. Nolan is injured and might be moved on.
The competition of places is really in those front four roles.
Yea I think Jon Nolan’s days are numbered, he only played 13 games last season and now PC has his own boys around him I don’t see him getting a look in. I didn’t realise Tom Carroll would only be competing with two others for two places, I guess he thinks he stands a good chance of getting one of them and I’d happy fighting for a place. The more competition the better from the managers point of view.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 am

I found this hope it's right 🤔Carroll's style of play has drawn comparisons with former teammate Luka Modrić. Yes please 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:25 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:21 am
Bluemike wrote:
Dazzz67 wrote:

You just beat me lol
Hey Mike I thought you we’re on holiday ?.... we’re looking forward to a change of scenery too and will be away in the morning. By the time we get back Cookie should have a full squad put together. All we need then is to start winning.
Yes mate as I write this we are now on the way to Gretna Green !! Not for that no, that will be next year lol. Enjoy your time away mate, always good to have a change of scenery

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Reckon that’s all but it then don’t you for squad rebuilding ? Unless we go for another CB?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:25 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:21 am
Bluemike wrote:

You just beat me lol
Yes mate as I write this we are now on the way to Gretna Green !! Not for that no, that will be next year lol. Enjoy your time away mate, always good to have a change of scenery
Next thing you’ll tell me is you’ve just got married. 👍👌👨‍❤️‍👨

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:41 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:39 pm
Reckon that’s all but it then don’t you for squad rebuilding ? Unless we go for another CB?
If we get that CM or another then yes I think we are done for incomings.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:57 pm

I still think another CB will come in

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Town FB just teased 16th signing is about to be announced.....

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:57 pm
Tom Carroll confirmed. Looks another decent signing. Got the pedigree at least.

If another CB comes in, we need to start offloading. If Toto is injured, could be we can’t offload him and need to get rid of Woolf.
Like to see some outgoings.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:19 pm

its Tom Carroll

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Another midfielder.. ?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:57 pm
Agree, as still have no real CB cover if Donacien has to step in as a RB. It seems that we cannot fully rely on Wolfenden and with Nsiala out things look sparse. Ndaba might be promising but can't expect too much in the way of consistency from the young lad.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:35 pm

shabba wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am
number 9 wrote:
It’ll be right upto the limit - I.e 60 percent of our turnover. I roughy worked it out once, can’t recall the figure now.

I’d guess most of the squad are on 5-10k a week, some a little more perhaps. I get the impression the owners are just maxing out what they are allowed by the financial rules, whilst also trying to be fairly smart in bringing in players with sell on value if they do well.
However this summer I believe is very different to what we’ll see, we have quickly put a squad together in the more traditional method of scouting. I think next year on we will be signing players from a much more data driven point of view, once that department has had time to be be assembled.
Thanks Shabba. It will be interesting to see the final numbers when all is said and done.

Tom Carroll is experienced, but he's had a few nasty injuries. I hope he can stay fit.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:08 pm

And Tom likes mint choc chip ice cream, good choice but id have gone for Raspberry ripple personally!

Welcome Tom, good player and a nice lad, hope he does well here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

I think our last two signings in particular will give us some much needed experience , strength and stability . Cook just has to get them bedded in and establish his strongest 11. We will improve as season goes on I think .

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:40 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:35 pm
shabba wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am
number 9 wrote:

Thanks Shabba. It will be interesting to see the final numbers when all is said and done.

Tom Carroll is experienced, but he's had a few nasty injuries. I hope he can stay fit.
Probably the reason why we have only given him a one year deal.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:22 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

I think our last two signings in particular will give us some much needed experience , strength and stability . Cook just has to get them bedded in and establish his strongest 11. We will improve as season goes on I think .
This is right IMO. No need to hit the panic button yet. Mid table after 10 games and with 3 or more wins would do me. Then push on with a settled line-up.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:48 am

Ipswich Town manager Paul Cook hasn't ruled out more signings before the transfer window closes.

Cameron Burgess and Tom Carroll arrived on Sunday and Monday respectively to take the number of summer recruits at Portman Road up to 16.

The Blues boss now has senior squad of 25, with at least two players for every position, and that doesn't include the likes of fringe youngsters Corrie Ndaba and Idris El MIzouni.

“When we went a week or two without signing a player people think we’re not active," said Cook, whose team will be looking to register their first win of the campaign tomorrow when they host MK Dons in a League One clash.

"Good clubs are always active. We never stop. It doesn't matter what the position is, you’re always looking to strengthen
. I just want to see everyone on the pitch and training now.”

TOWN SQUAD

Hladky, Holy; Vincent-Young, Donacien; Edmundson, Burgess, Woolfenden, Nsiala; Coulson, Penney; Evans, Harper, Carroll, Nolan; Burns, Aluko, Dobra; Fraser, Chaplin; Edwards, Barry; Pigott, Bonne, Norwood, Jackson.

“Have we put a squad together that’s complete, that’s final? No, we haven’t. Does that mean we’ll strengthen before the window closes? I don’t know.

“If the right opportunity offers itself, I’m sure Mark Ashton and our board will follow that through. If the right opportunity doesn’t present itself then I am so happy with the squad it’s untrue guys, I’ve got to tell you that.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Young Blues centre-half Corrie Ndaba is reportedly to join Salford City on loan.

According to the EADT, the 21-year-old will move to the League Two side having dropped down the pecking order following the signings of George Edmundson and Cameron Burgess.

The Republic of Ireland U21 call-up has made four senior starts and one sub appearance for Town but is still to make his Blues league debut.

Born in Dublin, Ndaba has previously had spells on loan at Hemel Hempstead, Chelmsford City and Ayr United.

That should be a good move for him gaining experience.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:30 pm

I think that’s a brilliant move for him. It’ll hopefully bring him on in leaps and bounds now this season. Much better than being 8n that U23 league