Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:27 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:47 am
Anybody know what the squad limit is for senior players (over 21’s)?

I thought it was limited to 20 senior players. Maybe changed to 22.

We must be getting close to the limit and not counting the bomb squad. Coulson and Jacobs are two more that seem certain to join in the next couple of days.

An option is to bring in under 21’s like Barry, but we need experience. CB and another CM.

Anyway, I’m sure Ashton is on top of it.
It's 20 plus goalkeepers.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:37 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:27 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:47 am
Anybody know what the squad limit is for senior players (over 21’s)?

I thought it was limited to 20 senior players. Maybe changed to 22.

We must be getting close to the limit and not counting the bomb squad. Coulson and Jacobs are two more that seem certain to join in the next couple of days.

An option is to bring in under 21’s like Barry, but we need experience. CB and another CM.

Anyway, I’m sure Ashton is on top of it.
It's 20 plus goalkeepers.
Thanks.

Had a quick count. From the announced squad - we’ve got 17 senior players (exc. GKs). That includes Jackson who you’d think would move so discount him. Add in Coulson and Jacobs - that’s 18. So we’ve got room for 2 more players, but others could move on (Donacien?) or be loaned out (Ndaba? - he’s seen as a senior player by a week). El Mizouni, Barry, Harper and Dobra are under 21.
Looks like we’ve got a bit of wiggle room for more.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:46 pm

I know i was surprised by the Aluko signing, though later understanding the possible reasoning. The fact we have conceded 2 goals at home to Morecambe maybe highlights why a few eyebrows were raised that defensive cover had not been the No1 priority!

I know we will be getting more defenders in, no doubt at least one will be a real decent experienced CB.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:15 pm

Cheers, 9. Great stuff. :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:15 pm
Thought you’d like that. It’s kind of my theme song. I saw Phil and Lizzy at the Ipswich Gaumont in the 80’s. Best concert I’ve been to. Anyway, back to the topic. Woolfendon out!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:29 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:23 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thought you’d like that. It’s kind of my theme song. I saw Phil and Lizzy at the Ipswich Gaumont in the 80’s. Best concert I’ve been to. Anyway, back to the topic. Woolfendon out!!
Holy shyte??? You saw Lizzy with Lynott? Now that must be a cherished memory. That is unreal. I saw Marillion with Fish many times which gets a reaction, but not on a Lizzy with Lynott scale. I knew a guy from years ago who saw AC/DC with Bon. :shock: :shock: Just unbelievable.

Anyway...., we'll get our a$$es booted for music chat in the window chat!

Up the Lizzy! ....., (The band, Hallam, ......, not you! Don't take offence! :lol: )

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Takes more that to upset me marko ….

Here’s one just for you ..,,.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Unnh0T2Ftro

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:52 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Takes more that to upset me marko ….

Here’s one just for you ..,,.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Unnh0T2Ftro
Superb, Hallam. :D :D 8)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Very nice Hallam! Well you’ve certainly stirred the embers of yesterday now. I’m sure I’ve told this story before. When I saw Lizzy at the Gaumont, Phil asked the audience if there was anyone in the audience with any Irish in them. After numerous cheers, he retorted: Are there any girls in the audience who’d like a little more Irish in them. Of course, numerous female cheers followed. Was that you Hallam? :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:47 am

I trust Ashton and PC with their planning, but I wonder whether the Toto injury has affected that. Depends on how serious his injury is.
If we have to now bring in two CB’s, we’ll have to ship out players. With Aluko signing, that takes us to 19 senior pro’s (excluding bomb squad players) and assuming Coulson and Jacobs sign. We’re only allowed 20.
If Toto was someone who could move on, he can’t now being injured. Donacien is another who could move on, but he’s now shown his versatility with Toto’s injury. If Nolan is someone we’d move on, that would be difficult as he’s injured. I’d expect Ndaba going out on loan to free up a spot.
I think we now need 2 CB’s and a CM. Just looking at how we play, having two solid CB’s is crucial as we can be exposed if attacks break down. Our only fit CB is Woolf…. that’s a concern. Definitely at least one experienced CB is needed.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:31 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:29 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:23 pm
marko69 wrote:

Holy shyte??? You saw Lizzy with Lynott? Now that must be a cherished memory. That is unreal. I saw Marillion with Fish many times which gets a reaction, but not on a Lizzy with Lynott scale. I knew a guy from years ago who saw AC/DC with Bon. :shock: :shock: Just unbelievable.

Anyway...., we'll get our a$$es booted for music chat in the window chat!

Up the Lizzy! ....., (The band, Hallam, ......, not you! Don't take offence! :lol: )

Marko, we have a local celebrity guitarist living here in Moraira who used to play with Phil Lynott with Grand Slam, he also wrote a few tracks for Thin Lizzy and a number of other rock bands. During Covid he should have been on a world tour but set up a local band The Allstars with a keyboard player and a Saxophonist and they play in local bars and restaurants every night to completely full houses, although sometimes a full house might only be 50 people or max 150. His name is Laurence Archer, he’s probably pushing on 60 now, still looks every bit a rock star and is absolutely brilliant. He’s also recently set up a second band LA Roxx who do local gigs too.

Anyway guys, apologies for wandering off track and to get back in line, any guesses who or where we go for that desperately needed CB who could also be our Captain who is yet to be appointed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 am

We were supposed to be after the CB Gibson from Everton, at one time it was all but a done deal, anyone know what happened here ?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:53 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 am
We were supposed to be after the CB Gibson from Everton, at one time it was all but a done deal, anyone know what happened here ?
Think I read somewhere he was linked with a move elsewhere. May depend if we go for 1 or 2 CB’s. I’d definitely want an experienced CB. Cook hinted we could be going for a captain-type who may be that CB. These links to Gibson went cold and I’d assumed Edmundson was seen as a better option.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:04 pm

I deffo want an experienced CB, its crucial, if we go for Two then Gibson would be fine but if he's going elsewhere so be it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:03 pm

New signing about to be announced and it’s not Jacobs or Coulsen.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:16 pm

I suppose with Nsiala out injured for a month or so they have had to maybe go back in a hurry for someone that they didn't follow through on earlier.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:21 pm

It’s not another defender.

Kyle Edwards. Wide man or midfielder, I believe. Not a defensive midfielder.

I think we’ll see plenty of 5-4 and 4-3 scorelines.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Bloody hell, where did this one come from !!! We've beaten "a number" of Championship clubs to his signature, that being the case I have to say Ashton is doing a fantastic job, now get some f**king defenders !
:lol:

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:29 pm

I saw this early on and thought rubbish we don't need another forward wrong again, young enough building for the future but defender please.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:24 pm
Bloody hell, where did this one come from !!! We've beaten "a number" of Championship clubs to his signature, that being the case I have to say Ashton is doing a fantastic job, now get some f**king defenders !
I would assume that we will now pull out of the Jacobs deal. Given his past injury record can’t say I will be too disappointed if we have.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
I would assume that we will now pull out of the Jacobs deal. Given his past injury record can’t say I will be too disappointed if we have.
I’ve read the Jacobs deal could be off. And we might p*ss off Pompey more by hijacking their move for Joe Morrell. Luton and Wales midfielder. Ipswich born as well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:34 pm

It’s all happening at FPR…what about this one .

Pompey bid to sign Joe Morrell ( Luton midfielder ) reportedly being hijacked by Town…..then player is Ipswich born too.

https://the72.co.uk/244369/portsmouth-c ... e-morrell/

Edit. Sorry Tang didn’t notice your last line …. X

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:35 pm

We used to sign players only from Sunderland or Ireland, we appear to have changed tack this season. :wink:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:43 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:33 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
I’ve read the Jacobs deal could be off. And we might p*ss off Pompey more by hijacking their move for Joe Morrell. Luton and Wales midfielder. Ipswich born as well.
Just seen that. Should be 2 interesting games against Pompey this year! :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:46 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:43 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:

I think Cowley was pushing for the Jacobs move. He was talking very openly about it and that it was a done deal. I think he wanted the money and, who knows, was concerned about Jacobs’ fitness. Maybe Jacobs failed his medical.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Think we’re passing off most of the competition in this league now. Ooooo how good does this feel guys :lol: thing is we are working within the financial constraints…so they can all sod off.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... er-morrell

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:48 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:46 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:43 pm
tangfastic wrote:

I think Cowley was pushing for the Jacobs move. He was talking very openly about it and that it was a done deal. I think he wanted the money and, who knows, was concerned about Jacobs’ fitness. Maybe Jacobs failed his medical.
I believe he had the medical on Friday so you may very well be right.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm

I am not so sure the Jacobs deal won't still go through, if as mentioned that we have been after Edwards for some considerable time it doesn't tie in with us wanting Jacobs prior to Edwards coming on the scene. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs turns up too, crackers!!!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm
I am not so sure the Jacobs deal won't still go through, if as mentioned that we have been after Edwards for some considerable time it doesn't tie in with us wanting Jacobs prior to Edwards coming on the scene. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs turns up too, crackers!!!!
Maybe, but why bring in Aluko? He’s a winger, too. And we have to ensure that we stick to 20 senior players in the squad.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:13 pm

Town pull out of Jacobs deal !!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... acobs-deal

OMG were going after that Luton player aren’t we lol