Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Town FB just teased 16th signing is about to be announced.....

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:57 pm
I still think another CB will come in
Tom Carroll confirmed. Looks another decent signing. Got the pedigree at least.

If another CB comes in, we need to start offloading. If Toto is injured, could be we can’t offload him and need to get rid of Woolf.
Like to see some outgoings.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:19 pm

its Tom Carroll

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Another midfielder.. ?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:57 pm
I still think another CB will come in
Agree, as still have no real CB cover if Donacien has to step in as a RB. It seems that we cannot fully rely on Wolfenden and with Nsiala out things look sparse. Ndaba might be promising but can't expect too much in the way of consistency from the young lad.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:35 pm

shabba wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am
number 9 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:42 pm
Can anyone venture a guess on how much we’ve spent on contracts so far?
It’ll be right upto the limit - I.e 60 percent of our turnover. I roughy worked it out once, can’t recall the figure now.

I’d guess most of the squad are on 5-10k a week, some a little more perhaps. I get the impression the owners are just maxing out what they are allowed by the financial rules, whilst also trying to be fairly smart in bringing in players with sell on value if they do well.
However this summer I believe is very different to what we’ll see, we have quickly put a squad together in the more traditional method of scouting. I think next year on we will be signing players from a much more data driven point of view, once that department has had time to be be assembled.
Thanks Shabba. It will be interesting to see the final numbers when all is said and done.

Tom Carroll is experienced, but he's had a few nasty injuries. I hope he can stay fit.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:08 pm

And Tom likes mint choc chip ice cream, good choice but id have gone for Raspberry ripple personally!

Welcome Tom, good player and a nice lad, hope he does well here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

I think our last two signings in particular will give us some much needed experience , strength and stability . Cook just has to get them bedded in and establish his strongest 11. We will improve as season goes on I think .

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:40 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:35 pm
shabba wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am
number 9 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:42 pm
Can anyone venture a guess on how much we’ve spent on contracts so far?
It’ll be right upto the limit - I.e 60 percent of our turnover. I roughy worked it out once, can’t recall the figure now.

I’d guess most of the squad are on 5-10k a week, some a little more perhaps. I get the impression the owners are just maxing out what they are allowed by the financial rules, whilst also trying to be fairly smart in bringing in players with sell on value if they do well.
However this summer I believe is very different to what we’ll see, we have quickly put a squad together in the more traditional method of scouting. I think next year on we will be signing players from a much more data driven point of view, once that department has had time to be be assembled.
Thanks Shabba. It will be interesting to see the final numbers when all is said and done.

Tom Carroll is experienced, but he's had a few nasty injuries. I hope he can stay fit.
Probably the reason why we have only given him a one year deal.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:22 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

I think our last two signings in particular will give us some much needed experience , strength and stability . Cook just has to get them bedded in and establish his strongest 11. We will improve as season goes on I think .
This is right IMO. No need to hit the panic button yet. Mid table after 10 games and with 3 or more wins would do me. Then push on with a settled line-up.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:48 am

Ipswich Town manager Paul Cook hasn't ruled out more signings before the transfer window closes.

Cameron Burgess and Tom Carroll arrived on Sunday and Monday respectively to take the number of summer recruits at Portman Road up to 16.

The Blues boss now has senior squad of 25, with at least two players for every position, and that doesn't include the likes of fringe youngsters Corrie Ndaba and Idris El MIzouni.

“When we went a week or two without signing a player people think we’re not active," said Cook, whose team will be looking to register their first win of the campaign tomorrow when they host MK Dons in a League One clash.

"Good clubs are always active. We never stop. It doesn't matter what the position is, you’re always looking to strengthen
. I just want to see everyone on the pitch and training now.”

TOWN SQUAD

Hladky, Holy; Vincent-Young, Donacien; Edmundson, Burgess, Woolfenden, Nsiala; Coulson, Penney; Evans, Harper, Carroll, Nolan; Burns, Aluko, Dobra; Fraser, Chaplin; Edwards, Barry; Pigott, Bonne, Norwood, Jackson.

“Have we put a squad together that’s complete, that’s final? No, we haven’t. Does that mean we’ll strengthen before the window closes? I don’t know.

“If the right opportunity offers itself, I’m sure Mark Ashton and our board will follow that through. If the right opportunity doesn’t present itself then I am so happy with the squad it’s untrue guys, I’ve got to tell you that.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Young Blues centre-half Corrie Ndaba is reportedly to join Salford City on loan.

According to the EADT, the 21-year-old will move to the League Two side having dropped down the pecking order following the signings of George Edmundson and Cameron Burgess.

The Republic of Ireland U21 call-up has made four senior starts and one sub appearance for Town but is still to make his Blues league debut.

Born in Dublin, Ndaba has previously had spells on loan at Hemel Hempstead, Chelmsford City and Ayr United.

That should be a good move for him gaining experience.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:30 pm

I think that’s a brilliant move for him. It’ll hopefully bring him on in leaps and bounds now this season. Much better than being 8n that U23 league

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm

Dozzell subbed after 36mins today for QPR v Barnsley. It didn't say due to injury???

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm

What are your thoughts on this one, 9?

Thinking, @ 27 ---- >> No one wants this guy.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:30 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm

If it results in Woolfy being out of the team, I’m for it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:10 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:30 am
marko69 wrote:

Well, highlights don’t really allow me to have a complete opinion on Luke Woolfenden but i suppose EVERYONE can’t be wrong.

But……..

Looking at “improvement” ?? Understand what you’re saying which is essentially “anything” is better than Woolfenden. I’d disagree with that. This particular target is shipped out on loan by every club he’s been at, and theyre not exactly prolific clubs. Why he’d fit at Ipswich is anyones guess. …… as said; if merely to get Woolf out ——>> thats crap management. At least improve the position…… “at least”

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:58 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:10 am
number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Well, highlights don’t really allow me to have a complete opinion on Luke Woolfenden but i suppose EVERYONE can’t be wrong.

But……..

Looking at “improvement” ?? Understand what you’re saying which is essentially “anything” is better than Woolfenden. I’d disagree with that. This particular target is shipped out on loan by every club he’s been at, and theyre not exactly prolific clubs. Why he’d fit at Ipswich is anyones guess. …… as said; if merely to get Woolf out ——>> thats crap management. At least improve the position…… “at least”
I wouldn’t touch that defender with a barge pole. List of clubs he’s been to is worrying. I’d rather stick with Woolf as back up.
Edmundson and Burgess look likely to be new CB’s. Burgess looks pretty solid and perhaps a better shout for captain than Evans.

Hope Edmundson is the real deal and an upgrade on Woolf.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Dozzell subbed after 36mins today for QPR v Barnsley. It didn't say due to injury???
He was subbed because he was not having a good game by all accounts ….

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:52 pm

marko69 wrote:

But……..

Good points made, Marko. I agree Woolfy should only be replaced by someone who is better. I haven't seen Woolfy playing live, but I've seen him many times on television. He seems weak and slow to react and often commits fouls in dangerous areas. I've wanted him to improve especially since he's an Academy Grad, but it just isn't happening in my opinion.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

But……..

I agree. Wolfenden seems to me to a lad with potential. I think he zone's out during games and has been exposed almost every time. It could be just a concentration thing that will improve. Until he sorts himself out he should only be back up. If someone else is to be brought in, it needs to be someone who will be a significant improvement. A serial loanee does not fit that bill.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:48 pm

He’s almost a carbon copy of Titus Bramble !

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:45 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:48 pm
He’s almost a carbon copy of Titus Bramble !
Yes!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:42 pm

Probably the epitome of optimism, but has anyone have any clue whatsoever about the ££ damage from this window?

While on the face of it we've done remarkably well, even getting a few quid back in player sales and ridding ourselves of some exorbitant wages. On the other side of it, a lot of players have slipped in with 'undisclosed fees' which perhaps make the deals feel better than reality, and presumably they come with large signing on fees and hefty contracts themselves.

Will we ever be able to take stock on whether this transfer window has cost the club £5m or £20m+?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:05 pm

A nett £4.50 profit……nearly all incoming quality acquired via freebies, and money received from the leaving dross, plus £400k recouped in wages on said dross . Result ! 👍🥳

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Profit?! We should be complaining about lack of investment then :lol:

Miraculous if that's a fair analysis of what's gone one, but there must be a sting in the tail with all those contracts and agents this and that.

Does seem a great bit of business though and amazing why we have had overly large, injury prone squads for years when we could have just had wholesale changes when needed.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm

The wage bill must be substantially higher now, given the players we have attracted here.
Still within financial rules of course but right to the limit.

However it’s on paper very very good business this summer. Even if one player excels and sells for 5m it’s well worth it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:05 pm
A nett £4.50 profit……nearly all incoming quality acquired via freebies, and money received from the leaving dross, plus £400k recouped in wages on said dross . Result ! 👍🥳
£4.50 profit?

That's a sausage and egg muffin meal with a large cappuccino.

AND........., 41 pence change. :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 pm

Think our current squad is pretty injury prone too...
Chaplin, Nsiala, Norwood, Burns, Edmundson Jackson,
Not sure if I've forgotten anyone.