Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:26 am

We’re reportedly looking at Derby payer , Shinnel now . A defensive midfielder , and as a 30 yr old
(I think) would add experience to the team.

Whilst previously excited by the thought of Morrell joining, I think Luton honoured the deal struck with Pompey so possibly declined out 12th hour advances , and you have to wonder , would he have got in the side ahead of Harper: Evans? I doubt it .

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:45 am

Luton honouring the deal has nothing to do with it really,IF he had wanted to come here then he wouldn’t have signed for Pompey. Next target please 😀

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:01 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:26 am
We’re reportedly looking at Derby payer , Shinnel now . A defensive midfielder , and as a 30 yr old
(I think) would add experience to the team.

Whilst previously excited by the thought of Morrell joining, I think Luton honoured the deal struck with Pompey so possibly declined out 12th hour advances , and you have to wonder , would he have got in the side ahead of Harper: Evans? I doubt it .
That’s what I’m thinking. He’d be down the pecking order behind Harper and Evans. He only played 5 times for Luton last season. He wants to play and not be backup.
It’s all well and good saying Luton honoured their agreement, but the player doesn’t have to agree to come here. It’s probably the players decision and not Luton’s.
Feel like Cowley is making the most of this very publicly. For weeks he’s been making public comments about Jacobs and us - it’s obvious he wanted Jacobs to move on. Maybe got his own concerns about his fitness. In the meantime, we’ve been very quiet doing our business.
I do think we might have problems with some players not getting enough game time. Some of these signings won’t even make the bench.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 am

Downes to Swansea confirmed he's signed a 4 year deal.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:38 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 am
Downes to Swansea confirmed he's signed a 4 year deal.
Great move and every chance of EPL football in his near future.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:46 am

Good business by us, well done again Mr Ashton.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Ipswich Town will listen to offers for James Norwood between now and the end of the summer transfer window, Football League World understands.

Paul Cook has reshaped the squad he inherited at Portman Road over the course of the summer, with Joe Pigott and Macauley Bonne two attacking options added at Ipswich.

Pigott led the line on Saturday against Morecambe, but both Bonne and Norwood stepped off the bench and combined as the former rescued a 2-2 draw.

However, despite Norwood showcasing what he can offer by assisting Bonne’s equaliser, Ipswich are leaving the door open to a potential exit late in the window. It’s been explained to Football League World that the club will listen to offers for the 30-year-old between now and the end of August.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:30 pm

I saw that but I can't see it happening, a fit Norwood is a big asset to Town IMO.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Not sure about that, BUT 🤷‍♂️, trust Cookie and all that.
Norwoods perfectly guided headed flick on was so much more skillful that MacBonnes finish. Without that piece of work, its zero points.
Norwood hasn’t finished his career just yet. I personally would prefer he did it with the new “quality” around him at ITFC. He’s a goalscorer.

But 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, again…… over to you Pigott, Evans, Burns…….. lets get going….., v NC tonight yes, but defo v BA on sat.
CHOP CHOP 👏👏

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:23 pm

Unless there’s something we don’t know about Norwood and the Club, I’d say on the pitch he’s a massive presence …we looked a much bigger threat once he came on, on Saturday. To offload him would be a big mistake IMO. Unless we are trying to offload his reported £10k a week wages?

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:36 pm

He’ll be on his bike shortly. Certainly won't be driving anywhere.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:51 pm

trimleyblue wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:36 pm
He’ll be on his bike shortly. Certainly won't be driving anywhere.
Perhaps Norwood's drink driving convictions don't sit well with what our new owners want Ipswich to stand for, especially when the very people helping to fund us probably have attended the devastating aftermath of accidents involving drink drivers!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Could well be Mark, asset on the pitch, tw*t off it, injury prone too, its a tough one.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Yes a tough one and certainly his off field antics don't deserve the wealthy trappings nor the adulation of many young fans that his position brings.
That said, if based purely on football, he is an asset who i can see having a good season with the service he is likely to get.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:23 pm
Unless there’s something we don’t know about Norwood and the Club, I’d say on the pitch he’s a massive presence …we looked a much bigger threat once he came on, on Saturday. To offload him would be a big mistake IMO. Unless we are trying to offload his reported £10k a week wages?
Don't know where you get your info from but Norwood is not on 10k a week. I can assure you he gets 4k a week his bonus if promoted and signing on fee would equate to 6k for the duration of his contract. It is unbelievable the crap which is speculated by individuals who pretend to know something when they actually know nothing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:34 pm

She is getting her info from something that was shared on here months ago stating that Norwood was on 10K a week …… I saw it myself.
Must we verify everything thats posted?
We could.
Either that or Tinytown can be the new “informer” ?

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:39 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:28 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Don't know where you get your info from but Norwood is not on 10k a week. I can assure you he gets 4k a week his bonus if promoted and signing on fee would equate to 6k for the duration of his contract. It is unbelievable the crap which is speculated by individuals who pretend to know something when they actually know nothing.
Bit strong there Tiny, maybe the source to where Hallam got that is incorrect and yes few weeks ago the wages were highlighted but don't see why you came out with the verbal's

Far as Norwood I really do not wish him to leave. He gives us something different, yes he is annoying sometimes with amount of freekicks give away etc. All that saying a fit Norwood can get us points on the pitch and not just on his driving license

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Didn't try to affend Mr Hallam (Les) at all. Personally I would of been happy if he was sacked after the drink driving. Les will call me a scum fan now normally does. :roll:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:17 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:34 pm
She is getting her info from something that was shared on here months ago stating that Norwood was on 10K a week …… I saw it myself.
We could.
just goes to show when folk are reincarnated, its still the same person that comes back :wink:

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:41 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:17 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:34 pm
We could.
just goes to show when folk are reincarnated, its still the same person that comes back :wink:
Your write that's why he has been done for drink driving twice.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:23 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:28 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Woah! That’s a bit aggressive TT….any reason for this ??

If you read my post again m I said “ reportedly” on 10k …so it’s not my information. Perhaps you’d like to scan the Town websites to see who originally posted it and have a shot at them? But I’ll put it down to you getting out of bed the wrong side. We all have off days.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:25 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm
Didn't try to affend Mr Hallam (Les) at all. Personally I would of been happy if he was sacked after the drink driving. Les will call me a scum fan now normally does. :roll:
This style of posting reminds me of someone else ….I hope I’m wrong.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:25 pm
Tinytown wrote:
Never known you to be wrong Inspector Hallam, and sure your not this time,
as they say Lis, a Giraffe cant change its spots, or was it a Leopard cant change its strips, :wink:
Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:43 pm

NEVER underestimate getting out of the wrong side of the bed. It is a completely different experience, (sometimes sore if its the wife who's kicked you out)...... but the day starts with a completely different perspective and it can only be a positive. Embrace it ---- >> then head to the bathroom.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:54 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:25 pm
Tinytown wrote:
I tend to agree with you there Liz. Especially when it was pointed out that you were female and called Liz, the previous time you were referred to as Mr Hallam. To me it is like someone over-compensating to make it look like they do not know you (in media posting terms) whatsoever. I could be wrong (and apologise now if i am) , but maybe we will never know.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:42 am

It's pretty sad in truth.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:23 pm

It looks like Tinytim is beginning to show his true colours. ☹️

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Well I hope Admin act accordingly then. Because this site had been swinging along beautifully.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:19 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:48 pm
Well I hope Admin act accordingly then. Because this site had been swinging along beautifully.

Under review Liz as are all unwelcome posts whoever they might be. You’re absolutely right, (not write and we all know who can’t spell), this site has been going along swimmingly for a while and long may it continue.