And so the cull begins. ....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

And so the cull begins. ....

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:16 pm

TWTD understands the Blues have parted company with young pros Harry Wright, Adam Przybek, Kai Brown and Zak Brown. All four had contracts which are up at the end of the season.

Wales U21 international keeper Adam Przybek (above), 21, moves on having made one first-team appearance, in the Leasing.com Trophy tie at Peterborough last season in which he saw Town to a penalty shoot-out victory. The former West Brom youngster is currently on loan at Chesterfield.

Fellow keeper Wright, 22, the son of Town legend Richard, departs without having made a senior appearance for the Blues.

Felixstowe-based striker Zak Brown, the brother of MK Dons frontman Charlie, who left Town for Chelsea as a scholar, made his only senior appearance in the Papa John’s Trophy game at Crawley as a substitute.

Forward Kai Brown, 19, who joined the Blues from Grays Athletic in the summer of 2018, moves on having been unable to break into the first team.

We understand a number of other young players whose terms are up this summer have also been told they will not be offered new deals.

Here we go, feel a tad for Przybek as liked what I saw of him, but hey ho, we aspire to better now I hope.

number 9

Re: And so the cull begins. ....

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm

I have wondered about the future of the Academy after reading about the 'Brentford Way' and now after the take over. Has anyone read anything about that?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:31 pm

That's a surprise to me that they have let Przybek go when the keepers we use are both very poor, IMO a new keeper is essential.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm
I have wondered about the future of the Academy after reading about the 'Brentford Way' and now after the take over. Has anyone read anything about that?
Yes, they want to invest fairly heavily in the Academy going forward

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm
number 9 wrote:
Oh that's interesting. Where did you see that?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:57 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm
number 9 wrote:
Oh that's interesting. Where did you see that?
And do you think the academy can play a big role in Ipswich’s future success as well?

BJ: For certain. It’s going to be an incredible area of focus for us. I think one of the many benefits relative to the broader catchment area that it gets to be a part of, so much talent there.

One of many things we were interested in was the potential of the academy, so that will be a big focus of ours and gain from my perspective I can’t wait to see how we can collaborate on both sides of the pond with talent coming here and vice versa.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Cheers for that BM! It sounds like we may recruit a few young Americans. I'd love to see that...American players are much better than they used to be...and compared to the shower of sh*t we have at the moment, they can't be worse.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:59 pm

Those players who left aren’t a big surprise.

I do wonder if we’re going to strip down not just our senior squad, but our academy youngsters. It could be we’ve got too many and it’s not just the senior players blocking the youngsters. It could be they’re youngsters blocking each other.

Not sure about the work permit side, but maybe Phoenix could be a place to send our youngsters on loan.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:20 pm

I was just pissed off you beat me to it !! :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:46 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:19 pm
BlueBalls wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:54 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm
Two more gone now

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... epart-town
That story is about to go Viral :lol: :lol: :lol:
No-one? Come on, that was pretty funny!

It was :lol: ...but I’d seen it on twtd be you’d posted it here..... but keep em coming BB 👍🥳