IFollow

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

IFollow

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:29 pm

Sorry to create a new thread for this, but does anyone know if iFollow streaming will be available when fans are allowed back in the stadium next season?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: IFollow

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:44 am

That's a good question, I wondered that myself, I think its a good service for those can't attend games and another income stream for the club as we battle this crippling debt...... oh wait !!!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:08 am

It should be available for overseas fans .... like it has been for a few years.

Maybe now that iFollow has got the foot in the door with UK fans, they’ll be able to negotiate a deal for UK coverage. Would the club/s want that? It could affect attendances and season ticket sales. It could be that quite a few fans prefer to watch at home.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 am

It's the norm now, and I expect it will remain post-covid just like so many other changes that have happened during the pandemic

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:15 am

I think it would be a good idea for the UK fans to be able to get it but not for fans that are within a certain distance, it's great for me in the Algarve and cost just 140 Euro for the season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:41 am

It’s a money spinner isn’t it , so can easily see clubs retaining it. But the price will no doubt go up significantly.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:13 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:08 am
It should be available for overseas fans .... like it has been for a few years.

Maybe now that iFollow has got the foot in the door with UK fans, they’ll be able to negotiate a deal for UK coverage. Would the club/s want that? It could affect attendances and season ticket sales. It could be that quite a few fans prefer to watch at home.
That's right Tang, I'd forgotten about that. I do think it would be a great revenue generator for the club, and a great asset for fans like me overseas...I mean I may actually wanna watch games now! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Was thinking about going ahead with it as for those who can't attend games live. A few weeks ago wouldn't really entertain the idea given how sh*t we've been up until now but got to see some daylight ahead regards the takeover issue. Not sure what viewing entails, realize you'd have to subscribe in order to view but would it affect pay as you go mobile data, all right if you're on a contract agreement with a network et cetera. Said before not always up on techinal aspects.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:01 pm

Can't see it staying myself when fans are allowed back in. 25 quid for a ticket is why the 10 pound game will go.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:19 pm

I think it’ll appeal more to fans that can’t afford to travel .....a lot of Towns games in league one are in the NW which is a 13hrs round trip travelling day . OST of fuel, cost of food, then £20 odd to get in .. £10 from your lounge ? No brainer

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:30 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:19 pm
I think it’ll appeal more to fans that can’t afford to travel .....a lot of Towns games in league one are in the NW which is a 13hrs round trip travelling day . OST of fuel, cost of food, then £20 odd to get in .. £10 from your lounge ? No brainer
A lot of fans can’t even get tickets for away games. They get sold out for the smaller grounds. So I can see many wanting to use iFollow. If it’s available, I hope it doesn’t affect the home attendances, but I can see many happily paying 10 quid per game and watching on their sofa with a six pack and a family-size bag of crisps.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Yip , I can see it continuing for sure . It’s a money spinner isn’t it , and in many ways it’s money for old rope , all you need is a camera at the ground. ..... and Brenner of course lol