Towns funding source

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Towns funding source

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:22 am

Explains all .. here ....

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -ownership

Looks pretty substantial to me 👍

Tangfastic

Re: Towns funding source

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:59 am

Doesn’t really say how much we’ll get.

And I guess we’re not such a sound investment on paper to plough in an absolute shedload of money. If, after a period of time, they don’t see enough in us to start making a profit they could be forced to pull the plug. That could ironically be the best thing for us now as we need a real shot in the arm to get us moving in the right direction. A bit of added pressure. With Evans it seemed like we were sleep-walking where he was always there subsidising mediocrity season by season, but going backwards.

I think the new owners will have to invest to get things moving, though. No point thinking they can do this on the cheap. Completely different to the Evans era - these guys are here to make money and won’t hang around for 13 years.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 pm

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:22 pm

This is the bit that jumps out

Chief Investment Officer for the Arizona PSPRS Trust, Mark Steed posted a link to a story of the takeover on Twitter and wrote: "God have mercy on League One, because we won’t. COYB!!!"

Asked by a Town fan whether the financial resources were there, Steed replied: "Our fund is $13 bln and we’re holding $700m in cash. So, yeah?"

Hmmm - if only partially true this could be our game changer.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Completely different approach from O’Reilly last week when he wouldn’t give much info about the amount of money as it could harm negotiations. Bet there’s a lot of clubs and agents who want to do business with us now.

Let’s hope we get more business smart rather than boasting about money.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Seems like there's been more talk about funding and less talk about revitalizing club structure of late. Money alone isn't gonna solve our problems for the long run. I hope the earlier reports of overhauling recruitment and club structure were not just smoke and mirrors. I just don't wanna see the new ownership waste money on over-rated players or brittle journeyman.