Judge

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Judge

Post by K L Blue » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:45 pm

Seems to be in a bit of a pickle with the club now

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... KHXONTA-W0

lucy

Re: Judge

Post by lucy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:07 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:10 pm

Good news at last

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 pm

I’m sure Rossi will be ecstatic

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Just highlights how determined Paul Cook is to make sure the clear out happens and there are no prisoners taken, players will either be on or out. I definitely like this guys direct approach.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:32 pm

Thanks for your service Judge. Not a fan, but he has put in a few hours for ITFC. Hopefully Dobra will get more game time now.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 am

It's really great news - and even better is that given Skuse has not been featured in the squad lately I'm guessing that he is in the same position.
Happy days indeed :D

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:19 am

Judge has been one of the biggest disappointments in this squad for me. Arriving here, he had the undoubtable quality and experience of a player who should have been comfortable at Championship level and excelled at League One. Sadly we have never seen anything even near enough to that original promise.
Perhaps managers not playing him in his favourite role that much have contributed, but he just seems to constantly drift out of position. When i have watched him play he really has never lived up to his billing, in fact i wish we had cashed in on him when there was that interest a while back
Judge for me is like that classic car which looks good parked on a driveway, but is not fit for purpose when driving on the road!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:21 am

He’s been a big disappointment. I thought he’d be a very influential player at this level.

I know he’s hated by quite a few, but I’ve never thought he was someone with a bad character and thought he usually gave his all. Sadly, not enough.

One thing.... he actually offered to waive his extension trigger.

Cook revealed Judge offered to waive the clause in his contract in order to play a part on the club’s final six games, but the Town boss stressed that was not an option as a duty of care to the 32-year-old.

I’d say that’s a pretty decent gesture by Judge.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:27 am

I'm so glad Cook declined it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:45 am

Well, if Cook is citing Duty of Care towards Judge, then that could extend to everyone else who’s not going to get a contract.

If anyone gets injured, then we’re responsible for looking after them during their recovery.

Be interesting to see the team sheet tomorrow as it really could reflect who’s staying and going.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:53 pm

I think that being played out of position most of the time has not helped Judge, also it was playing against Town that he got the bad injury caused by a bad tackle that put him out of the game for more than 18 months, it was surprising he came here but it's history now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:01 pm

The thing is KB, Luke Chambers, Kayden Jackson, Andre Dozzell to name but Three have at some time or another played out of position.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:53 pm
I think that being played out of position most of the time has not helped Judge, also it was playing against Town that he got the bad injury caused by a bad tackle that put him out of the game for more than 18 months, it was surprising he came here but it's history now.
Played out of position? I don't think so - actually it doesn't matter what position he's played at because he will ignore that and just wander all over the pitch as he sees fit.

And as for it being surprising he came here - he wasn't wanted any more by Brentford and we were about the only club interested in getting him on a free, where's the surprise in that? :wink:

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:18 pm

To be fair to Judge, I think he never really came back from a horrific injury he suffered back in 2016. That season he had played exceptionally well and was in the Championship team of the season.

He has been a huge disappointment for us. I just wish we had got the player he was 5 years ago and not the anonymous shadow that we did get.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:34 am

I don’t think we would have been able to afford him prior to his injury JD. If I’m right in thinking, he was on the cusp of a PL move ( clubs were paying an interest in him), then Hyam’s tackle finished all,that. The Brentford offloaded him. But that’s the game isnt it.I suppose in some ways you could say Town have “paid back” to him by giving him a good contract for the least 3 years.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:55 am

Maybe best not hammering the player and just recognizing that his contract is up and at 32, Paul Cook is looking for a younger and better option. Given a number of years service to the club and should be thanked

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Tbh VR, Paul Cook has said that he will offload and make decisions about various players with the utmost dignity. And to his credit , he’s doing just that. He’s a proper manager IMO.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:36 am

In this case both club and player have behaved with great dignity and respect and both deserve credit for it. From what I read and see on iPlayer it seems that Judge has been decent for us this year, one of the best performers but measured against a low bar of course. He has also been pretty injury free. However it seems that for one reason or another he doesn't fit within PCs plans for the rebuild and that's fair enough.
Last edited by Dubai Blue on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:52 am

It depends how everyone sees it DB, for me Judge has been awful and one of the biggest under achievers.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:47 pm

It was an interesting comment from Cook though, that he said Judge was a very strong character in the dressing room. But he hasn’t seen fit to keep a “very strong character” at the Club for another year. Maybe there’s more than one way of taking that comment, But PC is being very diplomatic?

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm

I think PC has made it very clear that he isn't going to criticise individual players in public. We should expect him to only state the positives about players that he is going to let go. We will never know his true thoughts, and that's probably as it should be. The players all have short careers and families to support.